Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Old 03-22-2012, 09:45 AM   #15
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
It's unfortunate friendly banter is deleted in this forum. I would have thought the smilies to indicate my facetious intentions. We're all adults -- I think we can handle it.
Think again...
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:46 AM   #16
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
It's unfortunate friendly banter is deleted in this forum. I would have thought the smilies to indicate my facetious intentions. We're all adults -- I think we can handle it.
Thats not completely true (we do have some younger members on here), and unfortunately, not everyone on here has thick skin either.

but since you bring up the point of being adults, where is the adult maturity in pointing out that a member has a v6 instead of a v8?

Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:47 AM   #17
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
Thats not completely true (we do have some younger members on here), and unfortunately, not everyone on here has thick skin either.

but since you bring up the point of being adults, where is the adult maturity in pointing out that a member has a v6 instead of a v8?

OK, guess I missed something...

EDIT... my previous post just got majorly edited... at least the key comment was left.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:52 AM   #18
demonspeed
not afraid of the wall

Drives: Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post

I respect that we have "under 18" members here, however, my first car, at age 16, was a L98 IROC. While very weak by today's standards, I "drove it like I stole it." These kids are not naive.

As for the V6 comment -- it has nothing to do with maturity. It is the truth. He has a V6. Nothing wrong with that It's a Camaro, he's proud of it, and that's great! However, this is Camaro5 -- someone could tell me how weak my "325hp" LS1 is compared to their 426hp LS3. Aren't adults and near-adults allowed some friendly, and non-threatening, smack talk? It's truly out of fun -- and I'd say the same thing to his face -- and I'd expect it right back!
demonspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:10 AM   #19
73camarolt

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
I love that lid! I want to get one after I do my exhaust. But for me I'm only 17 and this car is like a rocket ship for me. Every now and then I will get on it. Mainly through second gear and lay off. I love my car to much for anything to happen lol. Im sure as I get more used to it, she will want to stretch her legs but for now I am happy.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:18 AM   #20
demonspeed
not afraid of the wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73camarolt View Post
I love that lid! I want to get one after I do my exhaust. But for me I'm only 17 and this car is like a rocket ship for me. Every now and then I will get on it. Mainly through second gear and lay off. I love my car to much for anything to happen lol. Im sure as I get more used to it, she will want to stretch her legs but for now I am happy.
You're obviously head and shoulders above many of your peers as you recognize and respect the power that you have available to you.

As for that Blackwing lid -- you're best to consider other options. They are treated like gold when they come up for sale -- just check eBay right now. $400+! You can get a SLP "aftermarket" lid for $90.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:21 AM   #21
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCanSS View Post
OK, guess I missed something...

EDIT... my previous post just got majorly edited... at least the key comment was left.
you missed a little... not too much

Quote:
I respect that we have "under 18" members here, however, my first car, at age 16, was a L98 IROC. While very weak by today's standards, I "drove it like I stole it." These kids are not naive.

As for the V6 comment -- it has nothing to do with maturity. It is the truth. He has a V6. Nothing wrong with that It's a Camaro, he's proud of it, and that's great! However, this is Camaro5 -- someone could tell me how weak my "325hp" LS1 is compared to their 426hp LS3. Aren't adults and near-adults allowed some friendly, and non-threatening, smack talk? It's truly out of fun -- and I'd say the same thing to his face -- and I'd expect it right back!
I know right where you are coming from (first car was a 78LT at age 15... was driving a 70 cuda with a 440 six pack by age 16), but that doesnt mean everyone feels the same.

I enjoy the back and forth as much as the next person, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut... we do get reported posts from time to time and just because someone puts a smiley in their post, doesn't mean that they are just joking around.
For us as mods, its usually a lot simpler to edit a post or delete it, then deal with the fall out. Which... I might add is usually not from the person that the post in question is directed at, but another member entirely... kinda like real life (the two people having the conversation don't have any issue with the words being used, but someone else sees/hears it and thats where things go down hill.)

Also... be careful about posting your S's&G's highway fun. It does fall under the street racing category of our rules and I could have given you an infraction for it, but I didn't because I know you were just furthering the conversation.

We're not out to be arrogant overlords of the forum. We are just trying to keep the peace. Sometimes we have to stop the truck when it starts rolling downhill rather than have to clean up the wreck at the bottom.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:41 AM   #22
MMC

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS, 1987 & 2014 Silverado
http://service.gm.com/dealerworld/vincards/
Old 03-22-2012, 03:55 PM   #23
Bulldogwinters
SS #2431

Drives: 2001 Pewter Camaro SS
Quote:
You're obviously head and shoulders above many of your peers as you recognize and respect the power that you have available to you.

As for that Blackwing lid -- you're best to consider other options. They are treated like gold when they come up for sale -- just check eBay right now. $400+! You can get a SLP "aftermarket" lid for $90.
Not all off us are bad, however it is definitely a select few "kids" that don't fall into that stereotype. Though in all technicality I'm an adult at 18, I'm still a high school student and still have to deal with the incessant immaturity on a day to day basis. I take better care of my car than the majority of adults that I know. I spent 2 years of my life saving up for my car, there is not way I would ever let my, nor anyone else's, immaturity do anything to put my safety or my car's safety in jeopardy.

I don't really know where I'm going with that ^^ post, just felt like interjecting.

As for the OP, my SS is a WU8 with Y2Y and no second sticker options. The only thing you really need to look for is that WU8 to make sure that it is an actual SS. Read that link that Spike posted, it'll tell you everything you need to know.

2001 SS Lid, LT's, 3" Y to 4" Borla XR-1 dumped, LCA, LCA Brackets, Dbl. Adj. Panhard, Subframe Connectors, Shock Tower Brace, Eibach Prokit, Eddlebrock Shocks, C6 ZR1 Wheels 18x9.5
Bulldogwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #24
OffseT
Maroboy2001 AKA Offset

Drives: Boosted Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogwinters View Post
Not all off us are bad, however it is definitely a select few "kids" that don't fall into that stereotype. Though in all technicality I'm an adult at 18, I'm still a high school student and still have to deal with the incessant immaturity on a day to day basis. I take better care of my car than the majority of adults that I know. I spent 2 years of my life saving up for my car, there is not way I would ever let my, nor anyone else's, immaturity do anything to put my safety or my car's safety in jeopardy.

I don't really know where I'm going with that ^^ post, just felt like interjecting.

As for the OP, my SS is a WU8 with Y2Y and no second sticker options. The only thing you really need to look for is that WU8 to make sure that it is an actual SS. Read that link that Spike posted, it'll tell you everything you need to know.
+1 Also theres always fun with a convertible or T-top if the cars not modded!
Old 03-22-2012, 07:17 PM   #25
73camarolt

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Yea for us younger guys there is a huge stereotype. But i get a ton of conpliments at how clean my car is. They say they can believe how a 10 year old car looks so good. It from alot of time and effort put into the car. To more, my car is my baby lol ask anyone at my school, I love her Lol
Old 03-23-2012, 08:54 AM   #26
demonspeed
not afraid of the wall

I'm right there with you guys. I got my license in 1999 after turning 16 that March. I was a Junior in HS and only wanted one car -- an IROC-Z. I know most of you may chuckle, but that was the car I had to have. It needed to be a 350 with t-tops. I didn't care about anything else.

I picked up my 89 L98 IROC in September of '99. Before I found the wonder that was the California Car Duster, I'd wash that thing nearly every day to get all the dust off. I was a clean freak.

I started working after school at Sears in the hardware department that winter, and I worked with a college kid that heard I had an IROC. He made fun of me all the time because he thought it was some clapped out 3rd gen since I never drove it (the 3rd gen stereotype was in full swing by that point). It was the winter, so I kept the car in my grandmothers garage and drove her Cavalier every day. Well, spring came and I finally drove the Camaro to work. He couldn't believe it was over 10 years old.

I cherished that thing because I put a lot of effort into it with keeping it clean and running in top shape. However, I beat the snot out of it every chance I had. Burnouts, racing, triple digits, you name it, I did it. I was (still am) a speed freak -- and so were all my friends. We had so much fun back then. We were lucky that we didn't injure ourselves or anyone else (didn't meet up with the cops, either!).

My point is that you can still enjoy everything your car is capable of, but there is a time and a place for everything. For me, the time and place was an open stretch of road. For others, it may strictly be the track. And for others, it might simply be dreaming about it online. Nonetheless, these cars were made to be driven. 13 years after getting my license, I still love driving hard. However, I'm not a wreckless as I once was. I am cognizant that people around me don't think burnouts are as cool as I do, that if something happens to me, it would seriously affect my family, and I now live in a more populated area than the "rural" area I call my home town (meaning more traffic).

People can have a holier than thou attitude and think I'm an @$$hole behind the wheel. That's fine -- because I'm thinking something about you, too

Enjoy your cars!
Old 03-23-2012, 09:04 AM   #27
Lee0123567
Nope! v6.

Drives: 2001 SOM v6
starts a slow clap

Lee0123567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:51 AM   #28
OffseT
Maroboy2001 AKA Offset

Drives: Boosted Trans Am