Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 07-19-2012, 05:36 AM   #29
1954 Belair-man

Drives: 2010 Camaro IOM 1SS M6
Good-luck, your car looks amazing.
1954 Belair-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:23 AM   #30
1hotchevy
Scottish Knight

Drives: RS/2SS 6 speed manual
Magazine

Tim, i know your car will make the magazine, its alot of fun, i had my boss mustang in 5.0 liter and had as photo shoot with muscle mustangs and fast fords mag. they are great people and alot of fun to be around. i know that u will do great! we need more pnw cars in mags so that the rest of world knows we are here. show um how we do things here! and i think we are all a little jealous we wouldnt be normal if we werent, you give us something to strive for. I know from experience that folks hate on you for atime but they do come around soon enough and you will start feeling the love again

Old 07-19-2012, 09:07 AM   #31
1o.f00t.570rk
Tall Guy

Drives: '11 LS SGM, '96 BK, '88 S10
Yours would be the first car I'd seen in a magazine and also have seen myself. That'd be pretty darned cool I think.

Also, I agree with the signed editions, when are we going to do another get-together?
On Order: Ported IM
Future Plans: Airlift Suspension - CF Driveshaft - 9in IRS - SC FI - Brembo Brakes - more Pfadt
Team
LLT
1o.f00t.570rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:07 AM   #32
Teamradrz1

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anniversary Edition
This is very cool!

I hope it works out, do you know the time frame for their decision?
Old 07-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #33
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Drives: 2010 Synergy
Hey Tim, great news! Hope it all comes together for you. That would be cool. I just realized that I forgot to thank you for the Dyno ticket. Haven't used it yet, but I'm looking forward to what my "meager" V-6 can do. (Yeah, I'm still a little miffed about that comment- but I'll get over it!) And please forgive my manners Gunny; I meant to thank you for the info on the Eagle Eyes. Got mine installed last weekend when I had the nose off for painting. There should be a merit badge for anybody who has taken their nose off and lived to tell about it! Geeze, what a PIA!
Thanks to both of you! -G

With envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:36 PM   #34
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: PSHHH UWISH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamradrz1 View Post
This is very cool!

I hope it works out, do you know the time frame for their decision?
The sooner the better for me, i have been waiting for 8 months to see if my whip was worthy, then all of a sudden i get an email from a guy named Scott Parker a Senior Editor with GM High Performance Tech Magazine wanting to know more about the ride and the reason behind the build, he also asked for plenty of photos so i sent them to him and just waiting now, trying to be patient i guess?
Quote:
Originally Posted by With envy View Post
Hey Tim, great news! Hope it all comes together for you. That would be cool. I just realized that I forgot to thank you for the Dyno ticket. Haven't used it yet, but I'm looking forward to what my "meager" V-6 can do. (Yeah, I'm still a little miffed about that comment- but I'll get over it!) And please forgive my manners Gunny; I meant to thank you for the info on the Eagle Eyes. Got mine installed last weekend when I had the nose off for painting. There should be a merit badge for anybody who has taken their nose off and lived to tell about it! Geeze, what a PIA!
No problem Gary, by the way your ride is definitely not meager, it never ceases to amaze me at all the threads on this forum about v6 or v8? Who gives a damn it's a Camaro and everyone has done their own personal touches to their own ride, most people never look under the hood and if they did they wouldn't know the damn difference! I love the Synergy Green, also love your air box made with your own hands, in my opinion that's what makes a ride special! Not someone who pays somebody else to do all their work for them and call it theirs? What's the point. I might offend some people but i am at a point where i could give a damn whose feelings get hurt. I put a lot of work in my ride myself not paying a shop to do it all for me and to me that is special! Just like your whip is special because it was you and your wife's ideas and your hands that put it together!
Old 07-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #35
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1o.f00t.570rk View Post
Yours would be the first car I'd seen in a magazine and also have seen myself. That'd be pretty darned cool I think.

Also, I agree with the signed editions, when are we going to do another get-together?
WHere have you been big guy? Haven't seen you since Meet N Greet!
Old 07-19-2012, 05:39 PM   #36
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hotchevy View Post
Tim, i know your car will make the magazine, its alot of fun, i had my boss mustang in 5.0 liter and had as photo shoot with muscle mustangs and fast fords mag. they are great people and alot of fun to be around. i know that u will do great! we need more pnw cars in mags so that the rest of world knows we are here. show um how we do things here! and i think we are all a little jealous we wouldnt be normal if we werent, you give us something to strive for. I know from experience that folks hate on you for atime but they do come around soon enough and you will start feeling the love again

Bob from the moment i met you i knew you were a class act, respectful, truthful and honest, i appreciate your advice and your friendship!
Old 07-19-2012, 05:40 PM   #37
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPFREEKSCOTTY View Post
looking forward to seeing the magazine issue!!! Congrats!!

I'm hoping my ride makes it into a magazine someday.. would be nifty.
Like i said to Bob, Scott your are a very outgoing person and one of the nicest people i have met on here and in person!
Old 07-19-2012, 05:49 PM   #38
LADYBMBLEBEE
Account Suspended

Drives: 12 2SS/RS Transformer, 11 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by With envy View Post
Tim - Congrats! Let us know when you get your picture shot and the mag comes out.

Gary - My little SGM is more "meager" than yours. Not only does she have only have a V6, she is sooooo stock but I love her. I love dragonfly too, he is so macho.
LADYBMBLEBEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:32 PM   #39
BAD Z/28

Drives: 79 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farthestnorth View Post
The sooner the better for me, i have been waiting for 8 months to see if my whip was worthy, then all of a sudden i get an email from a guy named Scott Parker a Senior Editor with GM High Performance Tech Magazine wanting to know more about the ride and the reason behind the build, he also asked for plenty of photos so i sent them to him and just waiting now, trying to be patient i guess?

No problem Gary, by the way your ride is definitely not meager, it never ceases to amaze me at all the threads on this forum about v6 or v8? Who gives a damn it's a Camaro and everyone has done their own personal touches to their own ride, most people never look under the hood and if they did they wouldn't know the damn difference! I love the Synergy Green, also love your air box made with your own hands, in my opinion that's what makes a ride special! Not someone who pays somebody else to do all their work for them and call it theirs? What's the point. I might offend some people but i am at a point where i could give a damn whose feelings get hurt. I put a lot of work in my ride myself not paying a shop to do it all for me and to me that is special! Just like your whip is special because it was you and your wife's ideas and your hands that put it together!
That could not have been said any better Tim great job. I would put my 79 up against any million dollar car that somebody bought. Its called blood sweat and tears.
BAD Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:06 PM   #40
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD Z/28 View Post
That could not have been said any better Tim great job. I would put my 79 up against any million dollar car that somebody bought. Its called blood sweat and tears.
Thanks, even if you have put your own vinyl on your Bowtie it's special, Just my .02 cents, but i think Gary's car is very special because who else has made their own halos? Haven't seen a single one anywhere on Camaro5 yet, I also have not seen anyone make their own Air Box. It made me jealous because it looks better than my CAI i paid for and installed myself! Your 79 is so kick ass, i love that car reminds me of my 79 Z-28 back in my sophomore year in high school, lot's of memories i won't discuss here, lol
Old 07-19-2012, 11:00 PM   #41
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!

Drives: 2010 Synergy or a '83 Z-28.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farthestnorth View Post
Thanks Tim! That means a lot coming from a Hot Rod like you! I even have a tear in my eye. Gary is proud of what he has done as much as I'm proud of putting on my vinyl graphics(I have been ditzed because it's not paint! Figure if I get bored with it, I can just take it off...) You are correct as to every car is an expression of it's owner.
You do have an amazing ride and you should be proud of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD Z/28 View Post
Well said Buddy. Any one can pull out a check book....
Princess is just amazing. One of those things where I wish I was there to watch her transform from a POS to the Princess she is today!
You know...I have that '54, if your bored...LMAO!

Hey Stork we need to plan a get together. Synergy Squadron UNITE! Junebug too!
Old 07-19-2012, 11:53 PM   #42
ZL1 Brian

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Your car is definitely worthy. I couldn't stop drueling over it at the XXX! You've done a great job. Congrats.
ZL1 Brian is offline   Reply With Quote