Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 06-10-2013, 02:22 PM   #57
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
I did the orifice mod this past weekend. It was tuff getting it to come out so I sprayed a bit of WD40 are around the base, let it sit for a few minutes and it popped right out whe pulled.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:10 PM   #58
Chevyman2

Drives: 2018 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadPeter View Post
I did the orifice mod this past weekend. It was tuff getting it to come out so I sprayed a bit of WD40 are around the base, let it sit for a few minutes and it popped right out whe pulled.
My 2013 rear pcv orfice is already larger then oem pics SC2150 posted. Not only that its flow through design with only one hole and made slightly different than pics I have seen on this forum.
Chevyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:34 PM   #59
Chevyman2

Attached Images

Old 06-10-2013, 06:41 PM   #60
Chevyman2

Pcv bottom pic
Attached Images

Old 06-11-2013, 10:42 AM   #61
Dzembo

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Had to bring my 2011 v6 LT in today. Was driving and almost stalled out. Thought I had it in the wrong gear but I was wrong. Dropped it off they said its misfiring on 3 cylinders. Also said there was no oil on the dip stick. I just got it changed 2 months ago. Where did the oil go ????
Dzembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 01:00 PM   #62
BryanS209

Drives: Bold
BURNS OIL NOT RUBBER!!!

I have a 2014 Camaro with the v6. I took it to the dealer last June at Approx 11K. The dealer performed an oil consumption test where they pull the dipstick every 1,000 miles X 6. The results showed I was burning 1 qt. every 1,000 miles. GM authorized the dealer to replace the PCV valve and valve cover. Was instructed to come in every 1,000 miles X6 for another oil consumption test. I was not happy about another test so I called on the California Bureau of automotive affairs. They told me that they have no jurisdiction over GM and advised me to continue the oil consumption test. He also told me that he still had to go see the dealer since I had contacted them. Ever since the dealer reports that the engine oil consumption is 1/2 qt. every 1,000 miles. Just finished the second oil consumption test and the dealer told me GM considers 1qt. every 2,000 miles normal. How convenient. When I asked the dealer and GM a year ago what is considered acceptable GM told me to ask the dealer and the dealer told me they didn't know. I will never buy a GM again. I have been advised that this issue causes premature O2 sensor failure as well as plugs up the catalytic converters and I have been told this Camaro has 4. I think I will get a rear window sticker that reads Burns Oil Not Rubber!! with a thumbs down to GM and the dealership. I may even seek legal counsel. Maybe do a little research to find out if there is a class action lawsuit against GM.
BryanS209 is offline   Reply With Quote