Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 03-10-2015, 10:30 AM   #43
Bloveless86

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
I could be wrong but don't believe it does.

The tunes that come in the tuner are for all stock vehicles any modifications benefit from custom tuning.

The K&N systems, there are 2, both have different calibrations and are far off from stock air box calibration.

Ted.
Thanks Ted, one more quick question. I am planning on purchasing long tubes in the near future. Will the custom tune allow for the elimination of the rear O2 sensors?
Bloveless86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 11:24 AM   #44
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloveless86 View Post
Thanks Ted, one more quick question. I am planning on purchasing long tubes in the near future. Will the custom tune allow for the elimination of the rear O2 sensors?
A custom tune can take in to account any aftermarket parts with no check engine lights.

Remember purchase your parts from JRE and receive tuning for those parts FREE.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 08:27 PM   #45
CrazyRED

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
I got my SCT X4 tuner today and followed all the instructions, but I'm having a problem. The only option the tuner gives me is Camaro automatic and I have the manual. Also I do not have an airbox option in my preload list. Any ideas?
CrazyRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 04:36 PM   #46
Full Lock
Evasive Maneuvers

Drives: SIM '15 1SS 1LE
Sub'd
Full Lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 06:36 PM   #47
markgws6

Drives: 2019 Chevy Equinox Premier AWD
question: I have a Hypertech 91 tune installed. Only engine mods are CAI intake and cold air scoop (LS3). Am I loosing anything by having a canned tune and intake? I know I'm probably not gaining much, but I want to know if I could potentially lose any power since the tune was developed using the stock intake. I plan on getting shorty headers and high-flow cats in the future but for now I will not dyno tune it just yet...
Old 10-09-2015, 08:55 AM   #48
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by markgws6 View Post
question: I have a Hypertech 91 tune installed. Only engine mods are CAI intake and cold air scoop (LS3). Am I loosing anything by having a canned tune and intake? I know I'm probably not gaining much, but I want to know if I could potentially lose any power since the tune was developed using the stock intake. I plan on getting shorty headers and high-flow cats in the future but for now I will not dyno tune it just yet...
Being that you chose CAI brand your OK with the Hypertech 91 tune.

Unfortunately for you there is no custom tuning support for Hypertech and you will have to do a return to stock and sell it off in order to add headers and get a custom tune to make it all work right.

Don't waste money on Shortie headers, get Long tubes with high flow cats simple bolt on and 28 RWHP and RWTQ.

We offer Free custom tuning with purchase of tuner and parts from us.

SCT is your best option.

Ted.
Old 12-31-2015, 08:58 PM   #49
shoman04

Drives: 2011 Ford Taurus SHO
Hi Guys long time no type. Some know I join C5 because I work with Dertyboi SS1 (side note he getting another SS some. but My son-law just got a SS and looking buying Superchip tuner. I have Livernios Motorsport tune for my EcoBoost TT6V and they do Camaro but price is a little high so he ask me about Superchip. So I am asking you guys about it? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
shoman04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 07:34 AM   #50
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman04 View Post
Hi Guys long time no type. Some know I join C5 because I work with Dertyboi SS1 (side note he getting another SS some. but My son-law just got a SS and looking buying Superchip tuner. I have Livernios Motorsport tune for my EcoBoost TT6V and they do Camaro but price is a little high so he ask me about Superchip. So I am asking you guys about it? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SCT X4 is a better choice, not only does it come with preloaded tunes to get you started it also supports Custom tuning via SCT Tuning shops like Jannetty Racing via email.

Ted.
Old 04-07-2016, 03:20 PM   #51
remdds
Floss 'em if you got 'em!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS L99 CGM
Which Tuner do you advise for this novice?

What would you suggest for a tuner dummy? Never used one before. All my car buddies are suggesting HyperTech, but I think that is because they are a local company. SCT seems MUCH more versatile but that may only confuse a dummy like me. The Diablo seems much more user friendly and better built.
I have a 2010 2SS auto 6.2L that so far I have only added an K&N cai (and tinted windows... Hah!). Some day may do cat-back. Headers? Money is getting tighter as I am getting older, so I may do nothing more.
Thank you for ur input.

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, L99, with K&N CAI, CGM w/silver stripes, chromed tail bezels painted, window tint. Wish List: ZL1 (CGM?)

Last edited by remdds; 04-08-2016 at 12:25 AM.
remdds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 08:28 AM   #52
Andy90

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS convertible
Hi guys new to camaro5 ive got a 2014 ss manual for which i have fitted a KnN CAI and a Borla ATAK axle back exhaust. I have just ordered an SLP stage 1 supercharger kit with the tunerand BBK long tube headers with high flow CATS. my problem is i live in spain where there is little to no tuning or dyno centers that have Camaro files as its actually quite a rare car here. now the supercharger comes with a tune however i have never had the car tuned with the CAI and also with the headers thats surely going to need a more custom tune than just the SLP one. i have emailed them and am awaiting a reply to see if they can cover the headers etc in their tune. If it turns out they cannot what are my options? will it make a huge difference not having them included if that makes sense?
Thanks in advance
Andy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:24 AM   #53
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by remdds View Post
What would you suggest for a tuner dummy? Never used one before. All my car buddies are suggesting HyperTech, but I think that is because they are a local company. SCT seems MUCH more versatile but that may only confuse a dummy like me. The Diablo seems much more user friendly and better built.
I have a 2010 2SS auto 6.2L that so far I have only added an K&N cai (and tinted windows... Hah!). Some day may do cat-back. Headers? Money is getting tighter as I am getting older, so I may do nothing more.
Thank you for ur input.
SCT is very simple to use and also can store up to 10 different custom tunes from SCT Custom tuners Like Jannetty Racing.

Purchase an SCT tuner from me and get your firs custom tune for CAI and cat back FREEE, then you are on a buy parts from me get tunes for those parts free program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy90 View Post
Hi guys new to camaro5 ive got a 2014 ss manual for which i have fitted a KnN CAI and a Borla ATAK axle back exhaust. I have just ordered an SLP stage 1 supercharger kit with the tunerand BBK long tube headers with high flow CATS. my problem is i live in spain where there is little to no tuning or dyno centers that have Camaro files as its actually quite a rare car here. now the supercharger comes with a tune however i have never had the car tuned with the CAI and also with the headers thats surely going to need a more custom tune than just the SLP one. i have emailed them and am awaiting a reply to see if they can cover the headers etc in their tune. If it turns out they cannot what are my options? will it make a huge difference not having them included if that makes sense?
Thanks in advance
SLP tunes do not cover cold air kit of any kind or headers of any kind.

Jannetty Racing offers custom tuning for your car and mod list via email at tedj@jannettyracing.com

Thank you
Ted.
Old 05-10-2016, 02:49 PM   #54
Rainbow1616

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
Does any tuners designed for GM allow you to tune more than 1 vehicle at a time?
Rainbow1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:36 AM   #55
2014CamaroSSRS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS
yep, the diablosport inTune i2 - i2030.. you can purchase additional licenses from diablosport to be able to tune more than 1 supported vehicle at a time with it.
2014CamaroSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 08:52 PM   #56
shnormo

Drives: 2010 1SS Camaro
Baseline with Texas Speed Performance full exhaust and SLP stage 2 intake 401hp 400 ft-lbs.

Using HP tuners and I'm going for AFR rather than max power
shnormo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
handheld tuner, how to tune, tuning advice