Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-29-2012, 04:29 PM   #29
EvilZL1
Snake Eater

Drives: 2012 AGM ZL1
F-Bod, I noticed the guy in the video stated that the ZL1's are arriving at dealers now, is that true? Has the legendary car been shipped?

Make sure you don’t forget to subscribe to my channel! More content on the way. Like, share with your friends
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9Z...sP2wjsLLFeP1zQ

Follow me on instagram:
http://www.instagram.com/snkeatr/
EvilZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:51 PM   #30
YourBlindingBias
Banned

Drives: GT500/ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
No - I'm not.

See - I have NO idea of what you may try to do to your car.

There are things such as 'respect' for the machine. I watch guys drag race -- and respect their cars. I also watch some that are clueless and do things that no machine will endure. (...one that you can afford that is)

I don't believe anyone's going to write something on paper for you.

So then making a blanket statement about "all ZL1's" being covered at the track is kind of not so good then?
because you don't know what people do to their car, so how is it exactly covered at the track?

If GM doesn't include it in the warranty booklet what will I tell my dealer? (and if it's covered why wouldn't it be there?)
"You won't cover it!? Oh wait yea Al O said it's covered, give him a call, or better yet can you go to youtube real quick?
there is a vid of AL O saying we are covered, that should clear up everything."

So here is the short question for you since you work for GM, is the ZL1 covered for breakage during track use, and will it be in the warranty booklet?
If you are confident in Al O's statement why won't you confirm? (I see this as a very important issue for ZL1 owners)
Your vague response is exactly why people would want it on paper.
YourBlindingBias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:27 PM   #31
JeffInDFW
Camaro owner for 29 years

Drives: 96 Viper GTS/09 Sky Redline/95 Z28
Compare this to the total chickenshit way Nissan put launch control on the GT-R, let the press use it to print great performance times, then told all customers "If you use this 'feature', we will void your warranty". All the talk about how if you take your GT-R on a track of any kind, they void your warranty. Why? Because it is too fragile to take the abuse, and when you break the transmission you are out $20,000. Maximum Chicken Shit.

GM doing this is going to spread the word like wildfire that they stand behind their supercar. It sends the message loud and clear that this thing was designed and engineered to be as close to bullet proof as you can get.

Now, it comes down to peer pressure to make sure A-Holes don't abuse this. If I see someone at a track day clearly abusing the crap out of their ZL1, step to them and let them know. GM is going out on a limb here, and I don't want a few A-Holes to ruin it for everyone else like me that drives my car hard at the track but NEVER abuses it. I take care of my equipment, and it would be awesome to know if something DID happen, I could goto GM for help.

Now, finding a GM dealership that I would let touch my car is another problem. I just traded in my last GM car after two dealers tore it up so badly the last dealer service manager told me, "You just need to sell it". Again, GM builds the best cars in the world, but their dealer network service departments are like turning a herd of 3 year olds loose on your car. They rolled a parts cart into the passenger side leaving 3 long paint scratches, dropped debris in the cylinder when they changed the plugs so had to replace cylinder and head, could not get hood reinstalled correctly so the door caught the hood damaging both, gave me the car back with coolant line not hooked up so car puked coolant all the way home, they parked my car outside for the entire weekend WITH THE CONVERTIBLE TOP DOWN, They didn't know you were supposed to purge the air from the coolant system with a vaccume pump, after repairs the engine oil was FULL of metal, etc etc etc. So, hey, goodluck if you need YOUR warranty!
JeffInDFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:31 PM   #32
69NMYSS

Drives: '69 Camaro SS and '12 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBlindingBias View Post
So then making a blanket statement about "all ZL1's" being covered at the track is kind of not so good then?
because you don't know what people do to their car, so how is it exactly covered at the track?

If GM doesn't include it in the warranty booklet what will I tell my dealer? (and if it's covered why wouldn't it be there?)
"You won't cover it!? Oh wait yea Al O said it's covered, give him a call, or better yet can you go to youtube real quick?
there is a vid of AL O saying we are covered, that should clear up everything."

So here is the short question for you since you work for GM, is the ZL1 covered for breakage during track use, and will it be in the warranty booklet?
If you are confident in Al O's statement why won't you confirm? (I see this as a very important issue for ZL1 owners)
Your vague response is exactly why people would want it on paper.
You make a valid point, is it a blanket warranty? If its not stated anywhere that track use is covered under warranty, how are we going to be comfortable knowing we are covered if we cant refer to something in writing when it has to go to the dealer for service?
Old 02-29-2012, 06:10 PM   #33
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Pardon me while I fog the room...

ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:13 PM   #34
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
You guys are killing me. We have gone over this a hundred times. GM is NOT going to make a blanket statement that anything is covered if you are tracking it any more than they will if you trash it on the street. Bring your car in for worn out rear brakes because you were doing power braking burnouts and they aren't going to cover it. If you do a track day and your window motor stops working, they will cover it.

Be reasonable. There are people that want something for nothing. They would abuse a blanket statement like that with no remorse. So we all pay for that lack of common sense because GM has to cover their a$$ because of a few.
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #35
1981DFA

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
IMO it is a very valid point. If you dont have it on paper it will not hold water. I dont think GM should make such a statement though because people would abuse it. It should be looked at case by case. They can tell if you abuse the car or are using it as it was intened to be used!
1981DFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:18 PM   #36
YourBlindingBias
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Pardon me while I fog the room...

It really is a shame that a valid concern get's the troll argument thrown at it, makes you wonder if some people even want the truth or the sugar coat.

On track coverage has to be on black and white in your warranty packet or it doesn't exist.
YOU CANNOT SHOW YOUR DEALER a youtube video of Al O saying your car is covered at the track after you broke it.
Unfortunately Al O made a blanket statement here that not even fdbodfather will validate publically.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #37
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1981DFA View Post
IMO it is a very valid point. If you dont have it on paper it will not hold water. I dont think GM should make such a statement though because people would abuse it. It should be looked at case by case. They can tell if you abuse the car or are using it as it was intened to be used!
I agree with you! My point was you don't have to be at a track to abuse the car and void the warranty and conversely, the warranty is not automatically voided by being at the track. Abuse is abuse and GM shouldn't be expected to cover it so it's a case by case basis and determined by what breaks and how.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:22 PM   #38
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBlindingBias View Post
It really is a shame that a valid concern get's the troll argument thrown at it, makes you wonder if some people even want the truth or the sugar coat.
I didn't mention your name...... but it figures you would respond to my post.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:23 PM   #39
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Quote:
The username says it all
Of course we are blindly biased, that's why we are here. Why are you here?
Old 02-29-2012, 06:27 PM   #40
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Dan View Post
You guys are killing me. We have gone over this a hundred times. GM is NOT going to make a blanket statement that anything is covered if you are tracking it any more than they will if you trash it on the street. Bring your car in for worn out rear brakes because you were doing power braking burnouts and they aren't going to cover it. If you do a track day and your window motor stops working, they will cover it.

Be reasonable. There are people that want something for nothing. They would abuse a blanket statement like that with no remorse. So we all pay for that lack of common sense because GM has to cover their a$$ because of a few.

Some people just don't get it or they just don't want to get it so that they can find anything and everything to argue about.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:28 PM   #41
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Dan View Post
The username says it all
He does a good job of tiptoeing the line... I will give him that.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:44 PM   #42
YourBlindingBias
Banned

Quote:
at the time I was the only one "going against the grain" so who else would it be you were referring to, the other people going "hell yea!!"? I'm clearly not hiding my opinions or even trying to.

fbodfather just said he won't validate what Al O said and also that nobody will give us a paper saying we are covered for track breakage. So like I said, I take it with a grain of salt TILL IT'S IN WRITING.
Unless of course you walk into a dealer and show them a youtube video for proof?