Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 01-23-2012, 05:50 PM   #29
mmarx82

Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
Nice, today is the first time I've seen that BitOne Processor, what does it do? Does it work with factory stereo?
Old 01-23-2012, 07:05 PM   #30
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
today, looks like jeremy got his sub box the way he wanted...now he can stop throwing them away..lol...4th pic down you can see the 2 gallon fuel cell for 115 octane , that will run with the nos...we have a idea to cut down the trunk area{spare tire spot} and put a hole behind liscense plate and add a hinged tag, mount the fuel cell lid behind tag and run a fuel hose down to the tank which will sit low in bottom of deepened trunk..whew, 1 headache out the way...
Old 01-24-2012, 08:34 AM   #31
Zach@ExtremePerformance

Drives: not a Camaro :(
^ That's what he and Ian were hashing out in the pic above.

mmarx, the Bit One will work with essentially any source. It has speaker level inputs, which will sum to make a fullrange channel in cars like say a BMW where you may have a left front mid/tweet output on the stock amp and also a left front woofer output, versus one single full range left front. It counterEQ's high level inputs. It takes RCA inputs from radios and other sources. And it has digital inputs for applications where that is beneficial.
The processor than has a 31band EQ for each of it's 8 outputs; has fully configurable high and low pass filters for each channel; and has time delay for each channel. Properly tuned, it lets you hear more music and less stereo.
And that pic is it's display/controller. The actual piece is a black box about the size of a JL XD400/4; you plug it in to a laptop to set it.
Zach@ExtremePerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:01 AM   #32
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Dang Mike that is a serious build you've got going on. I thought you were going to go crazy chasing fast drag times and never expected a build like this. Congrats!

I'm sure it is still going to be quick, but god that thing is going to be heavy. It is going to sound amazing and be fast as hell in a straight line. Very jealous.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:58 PM   #33
FNG
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: Rally Yellow 2012 ZL1
Going to get comfy and watch this thread... this is gonna be interesting.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #34
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
Dang Mike that is a serious build you've got going on. I thought you were going to go crazy chasing fast drag times and never expected a build like this. Congrats!

I'm sure it is still going to be quick, but god that thing is going to be heavy. It is going to sound amazing and be fast as hell in a straight line. Very jealous.
no chasing track times here, needed more hp to move this sled..lol.. jeremy tweaked around with kick panel set up, a lot of time figuring and planning, but i think he finally came up with his combination..i will let zach post up what we think he is gonna build there...mike baker was busy measuring out for the small fuel cell and cut out approx 10x10 hole thru floor of trunk and we are gonn submerge tank deep and install a hinged tag bracket and fabricat a fuel lid with a fuel hose to tank, all will be hidden behind liscense plate....zach will have som pics
Old 01-24-2012, 04:58 PM   #35
Duper

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS / RS
BitOne DRC

Interesting... is that the stock piece with a coat of primer on it or something fabricated special?
Attached Images

Old 01-24-2012, 05:01 PM   #36
Zach@ExtremePerformance

Drives: not a Camaro :(
lol That totally looks like a cat I had for 20yrs.

A couple of quick ones to tide you over for today:

The engine after Mike Page has done some high-temp paintwork.
And Baker taking out some metal in the spare tire well to accommodate the 2nd fuel tank.

And I forget who asked, but there is roughly 2 of the 72sq ft mega packs of Dynamat in the car currently. As Scott Crowder stated - you can put as much damping and such as you want in this car; there's essentially none in there from the factory.

And Duper, yes! That is the stock piece, added on to and modified to house the DRC and angle more to our liking. Here is a shot from our FB album, which can also be seen here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150454289052703.354096.321132347702&type= 1
Its the overhead piece just above the rearview mirror.

We did spend some time going over driver placement and positioning; at one point there were 4 of us plus Mike Page in/around the car. Jeremy had some ideas on how he wanted it to look, I had my ideas of what I wanted for sound, so we played around until we found something that did a good job meeting all of our needs to give Mike the results he's looking for. More on that later.
Attached Images

Zach@ExtremePerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #37
Duper

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS / RS
Alright, very cool. Looking forward to how that will look in the car. I've been struggling with where to mount mine.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:31 PM   #38
ZaBeast07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: IPF SC'd 2010 LLT 2015 1SS/RS
Wow Insane Build!!!
Subscribed and can't wait to see where this goes!!!
ZaBeast07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:58 PM   #39
Tyler@ExtremePerformance

Drives: 2007 Trailblazer SS
Looks GREAT... Can't wait to see the one eyed fat kid that is going to do the power plant in her to get it moving with all this weight =)
Tyler@ExtremePerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:20 PM   #40
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach@ExtremePerformance View Post
lol That totally looks like a cat I had for 20yrs.

Looks exactly like my 2 yr old cat, "Crash". He just used those claws on me playing rough. I think he secretly sharpens them like that!

I just got rehired today so my system can move forward. Waiting on the last few things that are in transit, then I can start on it.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:05 PM   #41
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
LOOKING GREAT MIKE!! You have a one of a kind build,i figured since you already look better than me, i couldnt out run ya , i would get you on the stereo,now thats out what the hells left,well i guess ill have to be happy with being a better driver
Hendrix-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:23 PM   #42
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
LOOKING GREAT MIKE!! You have a one of a kind build,i figured since you already look better than me, i couldnt out run ya , i would get you on the stereo,now thats out what the hells left,well i guess ill have to be happy with being a better driver