Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-02-2016, 08:58 AM   #1
avido

Drives: camaro ss\rs
Electrical problem

Hi guy i'm writing this because i had this problem this morning. I was driving the car not far from home when i had a message related to the power steering. I though it was just because i didn't use the car for some days and incombination with a 25% undedrive pulley. I switched off the car and when i tried to switch it on it was impossible. all the light in the thaco,diplay and spedo disappeared. i took advantage from a downhill to switch the car on again. i went back home with the car and i tried to switch off and then on. It started without any problem but the power steering problem was still there. I think it's a ground connection problem. i didn't check the car out so i don't have any answer yet.
Does anyone of you guys have some suggestions to adress the issues?
2014 camaro SS Whipple powered ,3.750 pulley,ID850, CAI,Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust,MGW racing shifter,Bo White ported tb,MightyMouse Catch Can,Vitesse throttle controller,GM 3.91 rear end, Dynatech longtube haders, BTR Pd cam,Fluidampr stock pulley,ZL1 fuel pump and ADM fpcm, Phastek scoop and fluid thank relocation Bmr Motor mount . Tuned by Mastuning

avido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 11:30 AM   #2
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
I had the SAME problem over 3 weeks...go under hood..drivers side. Find the positive battery terminal cap and remove. Check the 13mm bolt holding all positive terminals together.The "service power steering" came up on the DIC 8 to 10 times...and had issues starting...even dealer looked at it and couldn't replicate.. Not saying this is your issue... 3 weeks of checking EVERYTHING....but the positive terminal post...it was the positive termial post 3 full turns loose making intermittent contact.

Zero issues since...I had the no power to gauges, windows, steering...and battery was intermittant charging. Was getting the click click click click...while starting...if it did start. Only way to get her going was pushing down parking ramp...
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 01:45 PM   #3
avido

Drives: camaro ss\rs
I checked and I found the ground connection to the engine was loose. I don't know why because there is a double nut. By the way it seems fixed but tomorrow I'm gonna check what you said out. Have a look there is better thanks say it's ok for sure when actually is not. Thanks
2014 camaro SS Whipple powered ,3.750 pulley,ID850, CAI,Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust,MGW racing shifter,Bo White ported tb,MightyMouse Catch Can,Vitesse throttle controller,GM 3.91 rear end, Dynatech longtube haders, BTR Pd cam,Fluidampr stock pulley,ZL1 fuel pump and ADM fpcm, Phastek scoop and fluid thank relocation Bmr Motor mount . Tuned by Mastuning

avido is offline   Reply With Quote