Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 04:28 PM   #29
Tantalizer43

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierodeletre View Post
I was hoping the prices would be lower, honestly.
I dont know what more you could reasonably expect, If those prices are true, I'm a happy camper...

This could coincide with JasonD's podcast at camaroz28.com, but GM put in a FAQ sheet on the camaro website yesterday, that pricing wouldnt be released until closer to production.

I'm excited to hear that podcast, but I'm not getting my hopes up. But if the base SS is 30K, well done. Just curious what the 2SS and RS will add.

Here's to patiently waiting.....
Old 10-12-2008, 04:49 PM   #30
GoldFire
Newborn Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
$29500 for 1SS is my call. Remember this post;-)
Old 10-12-2008, 04:51 PM   #31
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
lower? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? this car at 30 is beyond a bargain...it is the best CAR FOR 30K PERIOD. you guys are saying a car with an ls3 in it at 30 k is too expensive...go try the challenger...40k...be extremely happy gm doesnt do what chrysler did. Just picture this....a solstice with an ls3 from factory what would it cost over the gxp? yea exactly it would be well above 30k........be extremely happy if this is true.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:56 PM   #32
GoldFire
Newborn Camaro Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
lower? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? this car at 30 is beyond a bargain...it is the best CAR FOR 30K PERIOD. you guys are saying a car with an ls3 in it at 30 k is too expensive...go try the challenger...40k...be extremely happy gm doesnt do what chrysler did. Just picture this....a solstice with an ls3 from factory what would it cost over the gxp? yea exactly it would be well above 30k........be extremely happy if this is true.
What you aren't factoring in is the fact that they want to compete with the Mustang, and $30k won't be competitive AT ALL. A lot of people I have shown pictures of the car to thought it was a Mustang. The average buyer will get the Mustang instead of the Camaro to save $2000 any day, it will be under $30k.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:57 PM   #33
fierodeletre

Drives: 02 WS6 TA, 88 Fiero Formula
I was thinking more of the base car. I was hoping it would start around 21k, with a 1LT being around 23k. Oh well. It *is* a nice car after all.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:02 PM   #34
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
Dodge just upped the Challengers R/T base price to over $30k, very close to 31. So yeah, I kinda agree, hoping the Camaro SS'll around the 28, 29k mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackZbandit View Post
Are you crazy?

Given the several advantages this car has over the Mustang and the almost inevitable price increase that car willl get for the 2010 MY if these prices are real they are perfect and fair (and exactly what I was expecting). Now if for some reason your mind was on the Challenger instead of the Camaro... I understand.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:24 PM   #35
TRIXXTERR

Drives: 96 Z28(sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
i will kiss you on the mouth if this is true Drew, i guess we find out tonight thought.....
Video It And Post If This Is True I Wanna SEE IT....LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
There was another post on this forum somehwere about a big Camaro announcement on Monday. So big in fact that some talk show had to reschedule their normal studio time to later tonight. There could be some truth to this.

I've said all along GM allowing people to order these cars before pricing was announced was a huge mistake.
THAT would Be The CAMAROZ28.com Podcast.. With Someone From GM Having some sort of announcement..

Original Topic on the podcast.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...hlight=podcast
Old 10-12-2008, 05:31 PM   #36
digitalshow

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS
I heard at the bigtex state fair from a person working the Camaro exhibit that pricing would be available Monday (but they did not mention anything about what those prices would be).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
There was another post on this forum somehwere about a big Camaro announcement on Monday. So big in fact that some talk show had to reschedule their normal studio time to later tonight. There could be some truth to this.

I've said all along GM allowing people to order these cars before pricing was announced was a huge mistake.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:37 PM   #37
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
do you all really want to know?
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:41 PM   #38
GoldFire
Newborn Camaro Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalshow View Post
I heard at the bigtex state fair from a person working the Camaro exhibit that pricing would be available Monday (but they did not mention anything about what those prices would be).
Really? I was there yesterday and tried to pry for information but they said the same old stuff that it would be available in January.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:42 PM   #39
kdbolt70

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
If it is going to be released at that time, my bet is on the CamaroZ28 podcasts. There was a thread earlier about a "special announcement" early monday morning or late sunday night on their podcast, featuring a special guest. Keep an eye out here late tonight to see if they post it.

Listen to podcast 161 towards the end to hear about the announcement they plan on having. Cross your fingers!

Edit: Bah, I just noticed Trixxter mentioned this as well, sorry for the repeat post...

Edit 2: looks like the podcast won't be released till 8 a.m. monday morning.
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
Old 10-12-2008, 05:47 PM   #40
kevin2323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jak View Post
Dodge just upped the Challengers R/T base price to over $30k, very close to 31. So yeah, I kinda agree, hoping the Camaro SS'll around the 28, 29k mark.
they didnt up it....they just automatically priced in the manual price into it...so people dont notice they charge u for a stick....
Old 10-12-2008, 05:54 PM   #41
kevin2323

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldFire View Post
What you aren't factoring in is the fact that they want to compete with the Mustang, and $30k won't be competitive AT ALL. A lot of people I have shown pictures of the car to thought it was a Mustang. The average buyer will get the Mustang instead of the Camaro to save $2000 any day, it will be under $30k.
mustang is around 30k...they said priced competitive with the mustang for quality and standard features you get with the camaro....and frankly the camaro blows the doors off the mustang in quality, interior, chasis, suspension, engine, technology, must I go on? People will not by a mustang cuz it is 2k less. Plus gm will have a butload of comercials explaining why the camaro is worth it...and probably some about how the camaro is better than the mustang.

And the camaro DOES NOT look like a mustang. IMO

Last edited by kevin2323; 10-12-2008 at 06:17 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:56 PM   #42
GoldFire
Newborn Camaro Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
mustang is 30k...they said priced competitive with the mustang for quality and standard features you get with the camaro....and frankly the camaro blows the doors off the mustang in quality, interior, chasis, suspension, engine, technology, must I go on? People will not by a mustang for cuz it is 2k less. Plus gm will have a butload of comercials explaining why the camaro is worth it...and probably some about how the camaro is better than the mustang.

And the camaro DOES NOT look like a mustang. IMO
I never said it looks like the Mustang, but a person that isn't all into it like us thinks they look the same. And no the Mustang is not $30k, check your facts. The Mustang GT Premium is $28,375.

Closed Thread