Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 06-15-2011, 01:18 AM   #1
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Las Cruces, NM Transformers 3 Movie Night

Hey guys so if you're on this site or drive a Camaro and you don't know what's about to premiere on June 29th ...WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN!?! I'm just messing, but a few of us are getting together on Saturday, July 2nd to go watch Transformers: Dark of the Moon. Times of showings are not avaliable yet but once they are they will be posted and we'll decide on what time will be working out for us. The theater that we might be watching the movie at may be the Cineport 10 at Mesilla Valley Mall in Las Cruces, NM and we may have to arrive to whatever showing that's decided about an hour early that way we don't run into the fiasco that occured with Fast 5 where only half was able to see one showing cause tickets sold out when we went to pick up tickets an hour and a half before the showing. Again details will be provided once they become avaliable and maybe we can all catch a bite to eat somewhere either before or after the movie.
So who's in?!

MEMBERS PARTAKING:
char1ieone
PIANOMN
SSRS2010
Gigachip
Jose1003
VRedC5
K1SSRSS
GigaSis (Gigachip's sister)
refleckz
viper1cobra
Irby
White11rs

Last edited by Char1ieone; 06-26-2011 at 04:59 AM.
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:22 AM   #2
WiccaJew

Drives: Black & Blue 1SS
theres a huge meet in albuquerque at five

ARH 1 7/8 headers, ARH 3" XPIPE, MBRP 3" Catback
WiccaJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:12 PM   #3
refleckz
Rick / REFLECKZ

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS SIM
Sounds like a great chance to get together with the camaro addicts. Count me in as of right now. If work (airforce) interferes, I'll let you know.

If you want we can take a vote with the current MEMBERS PARTAKING, to see if we all want to/can drive and meet up for the Albq. event. Just throwing that out there. I personally would'nt mind driving somewhere other than Las Cruces, El Paso for the weekend.
refleckz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:54 AM   #4
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiccaJew View Post
theres a huge meet in albuquerque at five
Quote:
Originally Posted by refleckz View Post
Sounds like a great chance to get together with the camaro addicts. Count me in as of right now. If work (airforce) interferes, I'll let you know.

If you want we can take a vote with the current MEMBERS PARTAKING, to see if we all want to/can drive and meet up for the Albq. event. Just throwing that out there. I personally would'nt mind driving somewhere other than Las Cruces, El Paso for the weekend.
Like David said, we'd love to have you guys up!!!
Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:32 AM   #5
refleckz
Rick / REFLECKZ

Just posted on Hollomanunderground.com and will post on Hollomanyardsales.com to try and reach out to more Camaro owners, trying to recruit more cars for this event. So was Albq. out of the question for July 2?
@ http://www.hollomanunderground.com/t...picId=11660634
Old 06-19-2011, 11:49 AM   #6
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

For the EP/LC guys I think it is. There's just a bit of stuff that we have throughout that weekend that some of us have to stay for. Sorry about the late post on that question. But don't worry, we'll have plenty of stuff to do that day.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:53 PM   #7
refleckz
Rick / REFLECKZ

oh no that's fine Charlie, just was throwing that option out there. I should be able to attend, seems like it'll be a 4 day weekend for some of us at holloman afb.
Old 06-19-2011, 04:55 PM   #8
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Amazing, you guys deserve it and more!
Old 06-23-2011, 09:41 AM   #9
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Attendance list updated.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:44 PM   #10
PIANOMN
Epic; Winning!

Drives: 2010 1SS ABM
Quote:
Just posted on Hollomanunderground.com and will post on Hollomanyardsales.com to try and reach out to more Camaro owners, trying to recruit more cars for this event. So was Albq. out of the question for July 2?
@ http://www.hollomanunderground.com/t...picId=11660634
Quote:
oh no that's fine Charlie, just was throwing that option out there. I should be able to attend, seems like it'll be a 4 day weekend for some of us at holloman afb.
I'm stuck here... No 4 day weekend for me is why I wouldn't be able to make the drive down to ABQ even though most of the group down there expects the only representing ABM in NM to make an appearance lol.

As for the Air Force. I'm right there with ya, I work down at White Sands though.. Due to my job requirements we rarely get 3 or 4 day weekends.. Lucky if we get a weekend at all sometimes lol
PIANOMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:14 AM   #11
jose1003

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Cyber Gray
so how we doing this meet in mid day watch movie then dinner
Old 06-25-2011, 11:38 PM   #12
refleckz
Rick / REFLECKZ

yea, where's dinner? Hooters? Camaros and C-Cups, can't go wrong. And can you explain the ticket purchasing plan? I usually purchase tickets an hr and half so I don't have to wait in line. How are we planning on purchasing tickets, meeting up. I ask cause you stated last time they sold out, and I'm sure there will be a line for sitting. I would like to get their with enough time so we can have tickets in hand, hit the concession stand, get in/make a line so we dont end up with crappy seats.

Last edited by refleckz; 06-26-2011 at 12:13 AM.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:07 PM   #13
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Okay guys so here's what's going on with the Movie Day that we got planned for this coming Saturday. We have two choices, we can do The Cineport 10 in Las Cruces at the Mesilla Valley Mall or the Tinseltown on the Eastside of El Paso. Both theaters have shown interest of having out fad used as promotional displays however we are waiting for both theaters to call us back on the final informational details.

If we do the Cineport 10 in Las Cruces we will meet pat the Pan Am Center at the North parking lot on the NMSU Campus at about 12:30pm and once we all get together we will pick up our tickets at the theater where we shall park the Cars at the round about in front of the theater itself as a small little display show for all of the people coming in and out of the movies while we get our tix. Once we all collect our tickets, now this all depends whether the theater will save some tickets for us if the theater does wish for us to do some promotional thing for the movie, but details on this will be provided on late Monday. After we get our tix we will then drive/cruise to Del la Vega's for lunch at about 2pm-ish where we'll dine until an hour before the movie begins which we are anticipating around 5 or 6. After the movie finishes we will end the night at Caliche's Frozen Custard on Roadrunner Avenue for some yummy frosty goodness if we are out before 8 as they close at 9pm, if not we will take ourselves to the Sonic on Foothills Rd. just east of the theater. Allen theaters are really interested in doing some type of display promotion for Transformers 3 at their premier LC cinema but they have to check and see that they don't have anything else of the sorts for that day, so again once information is available it will be.posted.

The other choice is the Tinseltown Theater Complex in Eastside El Paso where more details will be provided on Monday if he theater gets back with us. We will meet at the Transmountain meeting spot in el Paso amd then take the Loop to the Eastside to Tinseltown. We will still do a dine in at one of the restaraunts around the area where we would park the cars in front of the theater where it would be blocked off for the Camaros (limit of 15 cars) and then walk to one of the restaraunts for food. Again more detail for this will be available on Monday.

So what we need from everyone ASAP is a headcount of people that you are bringing including yourself AND which location would you prefer and please no "I don't care" or "It doesn't matter" response, we need a definitive answer. If you guys need to contact me my number is (575)649-4624 and just ask for Charlie, so don't feel shy or anything like that, my number is open if you have questions or concerns.

One there thing, the Cineport 10 in LC mentioned that if a few of us would be interested in showing the cars either on the midnight premier on Tuesday or on premier day on Wednesday, this of course is all just possibilities but not final, and I made mention that I would ask to see if any of us might be interested. So if you might be interested of showing your car for this either post on this thread or message me ASAP and I create a list and provide it to Allen Theaters if they wish to do something of the sorts. If you interested, my main concern is not to make the theater look good but for the safety and protection of the cars so I will make that apparent if it comes up and try to get some type of compensation such as free tickets to a showing or something and I am not going to accept only a free popcorn haha.

MEMBERS PARTAKING:
char1ieone
PIANOMN
SSRS2010
Gigachip
Jose1003
VRedC5
K1SSRSS
GigaSis (Gigachip's sister)
refleckz
viper1cobra
Irby
White11rs
KBrack
Old 06-26-2011, 04:50 PM   #14
refleckz
Rick / REFLECKZ

July 2nd I am definitely going + wife riding with me. I am trying to find some camaro's in town, but need to print up some type of mini flyer so I can leave it on their window of their car or something.

Charlie you seem to have done a great job with the days itinerary for Las Cruces, sounds like a planned out day. On my behalf I want to thank you for going out of your way, making these arrangements with the theatres and putting this all together. I don't want to put a dent in the plans so I choose Cruces. You think we can ask them for a "camaro line" so we can get first sitting too, lol or would this be pushing it? I haven't been to the Cineport10 in years, so I don't recall what it's like.

Last edited by refleckz; 06-26-2011 at 07:12 PM.