Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-28-2015, 05:29 PM   #323
macwest

Drives: 10 Camaro 2SS/RS, 70 Cuda, 71 Cuda
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntputter17 View Post
The speed limit has nothing to do with it. Watch your mirrors, if someone is there, move over. Whether 65mph, or 125mph, if your blocking the left lane, move over.
I agree.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:33 PM   #324
squat

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Bizaro's putting more blame on the truck if you read his posts. I don't agree with the truck antagonizing the Camaro but they're both equally stupid.

I get that this is a Camaro site but that doesn't mean a dumbass gets a pass just because he's driving the same car y'all are.
Yeah, the camaro driver is a stupid asshole, but the pickup driver is an instigating douchebag. Both should not have been doing what they did.

The pickup was brake checking, what if the camaro hit him and the accident happened? I bet many of us would be singing a different tune.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:14 PM   #325
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
WOW, I guess a lot people here must be Buddhist monks. I am not sure how I would have reacted after someone pushed me out of my lane while trying to wedge them self in at highway speeds. There was not enough room to merge safely but the drunk did not care. The pick up driver didn't handle it well but I am not sure I can blame him after being nearly pushed off the road. As for the tractor trailer driver it looks like he tried to slow down then speed up and slow down again trying to allow the pick up to get past and move over but after that said well F it if these to want to play games there is nothing I can do about it so just keep truckin. Then the drunk does something I in my near 2 million miles of professional and personal driving time have never seen a pass in the median strip. I just cant put blame anywhere but on the Drunk unlicensed uninsured criminal.

Last edited by trashmanssd; 04-28-2015 at 06:29 PM.
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:29 PM   #326
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by macwest View Post
People going slower then the posted speed limit and don't have anyone in front of them need to pull over to the slow lane. There is absolutely no reason to be in the fast lane when there is no traffic and you want to go below the posted speed limit.
Thank you! It utterly disgusts me when people are going at or under the speed limit or under the pace of traffic in the left lane. The pickup driver was/is just as much to blame as the camaro driver.

95% of the people I showed this too agreed, most said that the pick up driver would have caught an ass whooping in fact.
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:34 PM   #327
Chevy_cowboy

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
WOW, I guess a lot people here must be Buddhist monks. I am not sure how I would have reacted after someone pushed me half way out of my lane while trying to wedge them self in at highway speeds. There was not enough room to merge safely but the drunk did not care. The pick up driver didn't handle it well but I am not sure I can blame him after being nearly pushed off the road. As for the tractor trailer driver it looks like he tried to slow down then speed up and slow down again trying to allow the pick up to get past and move over but after that said well F it if these to want to play games there is nothing I can do about it so just keep truckin. Then the drunk does something I in my near 2 million miles of professional and personal driving time have never seen a pass in the median strip. I just cant put blame anywhere but on the Drunk unlicensed uninsured criminal.

really, you're (presumably) a truck driver and have never seen someone pass in the grass?

But I was taught, and a I teach my drivers that when there's a dangerous situation or driver around, the best thing you can have is distance, distance between you and them is the only thing thats going to make the situation safer. Speeding up to close the gap so he can't pass or trapping a dangerous driver behind you and brake checking him is not the way to gain distance. Clearly the asshat in the Camaro was wanting to run faster than the rest of traffic, The best thing to do would have been let off the gas and let him get on down the road away from you. Yes, maybe you'll see him wadded up in the ditch a few miles down the road, but you won't have been a contributing factor, and you won't have been involved in the pileup.

Trapping him in a cluster and escalating the road rage is a bad idea, now you've got more cars clumped together near the dangerous driver so when things go bad he'll take out even more people, just like this video shows.

Last edited by Chevy_cowboy; 04-28-2015 at 06:53 PM.
Chevy_cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:04 PM   #328
trashmanssd

[QUOTE=Chevy_cowboy;8390292]really, you're (presumably) a truck driver and have never seen someone pass in the grass? I have never seen it and would think anyone doing it is a lunatic, uneven ground, debris, water run off culverts. I dont see the odds of pulling it off safely better than 50/50. Passing in the break down lane I have seen. could be just where I am from just south boston ma here not much

Seen plenty of other things especially in traffic some pleasant some that you just cant un see as mush as you wish you could.

Last edited by trashmanssd; 04-28-2015 at 07:34 PM.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:12 PM   #329
sene

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LS
I just rewatched the video to double check for brake lights and the pick up driver did not brake check the camaro at any point.
sene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:18 PM   #330
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
There both dick heads, unfortenatley the Camaro driver is the biggest of the two.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:20 PM   #331
Chevy_cowboy

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
I have never seen it and would think anyone doing it is a lunatic, uneven ground, debris, water run off culverts. I dont see the odds of pulling it off safely better than 50/50. Passing in the break down lane I have seen.

Seen plenty of other things especially in traffic some pleasant some that you just cant un see as mush as you wish you could.

Oh I wasn't suggesting it was a smart thing to do, but just shocked that you've got that many miles under your belt and hadn't seen it yet. I've got about the same miles and kinda feel like I've seen it all twice at this point, nothing other drivers do surprises me anymore.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:25 PM   #332
jeffm4688

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I'm going to put my $.02 in here, too bad I'm 14 pages deep. But, the truck driver was equally in the wrong. I believe this was in NY(looks like a NY plate on the first vehicle) and if so, then the truck was breaking the law by driving in the left lane without passing. It may not be enforced, but it is the law and he was wrong.

Obviously the camaro driver had even worse judgement but the truck driver is at least partially at fault. This kind of shit happens all the time in NY because people are trotting around in the left lane doing the speed limit or under and someone impatient comes along and does something like this.
jeffm4688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:39 PM   #333
trashmanssd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_cowboy View Post
Oh I wasn't suggesting it was a smart thing to do, but just shocked that you've got that many miles under your belt and hadn't seen it yet. I've got about the same miles and kinda feel like I've seen it all twice at this point, nothing other drivers do surprises me anymore.
10-4 seen a lot but only times I have seen people hit the median was not on purpose and usually looked like this.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:42 PM   #334
FilibustaRhymes

Drives: SS
I just really am amazed that anyone could place blame on anyone other than the guy who tried to pass in the median.

I don't know how I would have reacted in the pickup's position, but I don't think it would have been trapping the guy behind me if that's what he did. But, I do my own bit of Traffic Batman sometimes. If a lane next to me is ending soon and someone tries to zoom up and cut in front of me, making me and those behind me wait longer because he was too good to do so, he's not getting in front of me. Same for people trying to get by everyone on the interstate in the emergency lane. Once the lane ends, if there's any runoff room, I'll make my vehicle two lanes wide. I used to do that way more in my truck than in the Camaro.

I've had a guy get out of his car on the interstate to scream at me for gunning the accelerator (heads/cam/LTs LS1 Trans Am - he heard it) to make sure he couldn't cut in front of me from the breakdown lane. Sorry dude. Now it's taking you even longer to get wherever you're trying to go.

No turn signal? I'm not going out of my way to let you in, even if I can pretty much tell you want over. Signal, though, and I'll back off every time.

Riding my ass? Prepare to slow down because I'm letting off the gas if I can't see your windshield cowl over my spoiler. As someone else said earlier in the thread, you'll be getting a red LED sunburn after a little while. (note: not on the highway)

I'm not the hero the highway deserves, but I am the one it needs right now.

Mostly, I hope I never run into any of you guys on the road, because it sounds like I would really piss you off! But, hey, I treat folks how I want to be treated.

Basically what I'm trying to say is: don't be a butthole, and don't run to the defense of buttholes.

That Camaro driver is a butthole.
FilibustaRhymes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:06 PM   #335
squat

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilibustaRhymes View Post
I just really am amazed that anyone could place blame on anyone other than the guy who tried to pass in the median.

I don't know how I would have reacted in the pickup's position, but I don't think it would have been trapping the guy behind me if that's what he did. But, I do my own bit of Traffic Batman sometimes. If a lane next to me is ending soon and someone tries to zoom up and cut in front of me, making me and those behind me wait longer because he was too good to do so, he's not getting in front of me. Same for people trying to get by everyone on the interstate in the emergency lane. Once the lane ends, if there's any runoff room, I'll make my vehicle two lanes wide. I used to do that way more in my truck than in the Camaro.

I've had a guy get out of his car on the interstate to scream at me for gunning the accelerator (heads/cam/LTs LS1 Trans Am - he heard it) to make sure he couldn't cut in front of me from the breakdown lane. Sorry dude. Now it's taking you even longer to get wherever you're trying to go.

No turn signal? I'm not going out of my way to let you in, even if I can pretty much tell you want over. Signal, though, and I'll back off every time.

Riding my ass? Prepare to slow down because I'm letting off the gas if I can't see your windshield cowl over my spoiler. As someone else said earlier in the thread, you'll be getting a red LED sunburn after a little while. (note: not on the highway)

I'm not the hero the highway deserves, but I am the one it needs right now.

Mostly, I hope I never run into any of you guys on the road, because it sounds like I would really piss you off! But, hey, I treat folks how I want to be treated.

Basically what I'm trying to say is: don't be a butthole, and don't run to the defense of buttholes.

That Camaro driver is a butthole.

Good sir, none of us think the camaro was in the right. He was being an idiot asshole. But the pickup driver was being an instigating douchebag.

I hope to never encounter you on the road either. We don't need people like you out there policing the roads. It's not your job. If I want to go 40 over and then wrap my car around a tree you shouldn't go out of your way to stop me. You don't know what the state of mind other drivers have.

Every class period my drivers Ed instructor had a different story about road rage. One person followed another home and split his head open with a fence post. Another took out a gun and shot the other person while they were driving.

Is putting your life on the line really worth playing "road batman"?
Old 04-28-2015, 08:09 PM   #336
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
Good sir, none of us think the camaro was in the right. He was being an idiot asshole. But the pickup driver was being an instigating douchebag.

I hope to never encounter you on the road either. We don't need people like you out there policing the roads. It's not your job. If I want to go 40 over and then wrap my car around a tree you shouldn't go out of your way to stop me. You don't know what the state of mind other drivers have.

Every class period my drivers Ed instructor had a different story about road rage. One person followed another home and split his head open with a fence post. Another took out a gun and shot the other person while they were driving.

Is putting your life on the line really worth playing "road batman"?
GIVE THIS MAN A MEDAL!!
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote