Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-08-2008, 04:49 PM   #29
SoonerRob

Drives: Any Car On The Lot I Want....
Send a message via AIM to SoonerRob Send a message via Yahoo to SoonerRob
City Chevrolet,

I feel your frustration. I was quite embarrassed when I had a customer come back from a Super Chevy Show in Indianapolis and tell me that Chevy people were telling them they could start ordering on Oct. 13th. I immediately checked with my Inventory Manager, who knew nothing about it. However, the next day, I was told the General Manager had received an email from Chevrolet telling about the pre-order. However there was no information about pricing. Again, it was quite embarrassing when the customer came in to order and had the prices. If you were like me, you found this forum by accident. I've found more information here than I have received from Chevrolet. I appreciate all of the pictures and other information that is being posted here. While we can be proactive with GM, if they don't share the information, we are then at their mercy.

It's not a perfect world but it's the one in which we live in.....
SoonerRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 04:49 PM   #30
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Welcome to the site! Since we are enthusiasts we sometimes go a little crazy over items like this. Great job making the initiative to find this information when a lot of other sales people don't. Make sure you go out now and sell lots of these cars!

And to everyone else: calm down and remember that sales people aren't just selling Camaros usually. They may be selling 10, 20 or more different types of cars. So ease up that they don't know everything about every model. Don't get me wrong, I too hate uninformed sales people and even worse those that lie, but I at least respect those that make an effort.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 06:41 PM   #31
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
When I ordered my SS, my dealer didn't really know anything about the car. I actually had to go to the Camaro website and print him off a specification sheet. It was pretty sad.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:45 PM   #32
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
When I ordered my SS, my dealer didn't really know anything about the car. I actually had to go to the Camaro website and print him off a specification sheet. It was pretty sad.
haha, i did that with my Cobalt SS SuperCharged when i ordered it, in its third model year! The salesperson couldn't believe how much i knew, mind you SS SCs aren't the volume sellers, and are pretty rare around here.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:54 PM   #33
Just a Skidmark
original senior member

Drives: 1993 s10 tahoe 4.3L v6 tbi
I say give an antire new sub-forum for dealers to helping other dealers, posting OFFICIAL up to date info on the gen5
Just a Skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:18 PM   #34
jimbo57

Drives: 2010 SS, '06 EQUINOX, 72 MONTE
if the sales departments are cluless, what are we to expect from parts and service in regards to these GMPP accessories?
jimbo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:07 AM   #35
GMATT

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
Dealership "HELP"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
OH MY GOD PEOPLE!!!

This guy just came here to say "thanks" and give us a pat on the back because we are an enthusiast site who lives and breathes this stuff....and he just found the "gold mine" of information he's been looking for! Lay off of him for goodness sake!

Some dealers are seriously left out there in the dark. It's not because of the person, but could be because of the management. I know Ancira didn't know a thing because their main info guy was either fired or quit 4 months ago. Regardless, they should have had someone new in that position looking for any and all new information on upcoming vehicles.

Let's welcome this person to our site and lets answer some questions so he can help all of the OTHER PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT ENTHUSIASTS WHO WANT THE CAR BUT DO NOT KNOW WHERE TO GO FOR ANSWERS!!!

Just a FYI
Dealerships are not getting the info quickly! WE on the other hand seem to get it........Talked to the Asst. Sales mgr. @ my dealership and helped him find a couple of sites ( camaro5) and he was amazed @ the info we have vs. what they had access to.

Anyway great site

Gary
GMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:21 AM   #36
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Just the other day, I had dealers try and tell me that MSRP had not been released and pricing was still in flux and that it was all rumors. I had to say ummm, no. Pricing is out on chevy's website. He then hopped on his computer and sure enough, it's right there. This is weeks after it's all been out on chevy's PUBLIC website!!!!! They should be checking chevrolet.com at least once a week to make sure there's not something they missed.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:47 AM   #37
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
Welcome City Chevrolet and a big kudos to you for taking the initiative.

The discussions about the information available on these web forums is kinda funny. When I went to pre-order mine from Classic Chevrolet (Grapevine), they had the price list available. I had mentioned that I had been researching the pricing and options on the web forums and their response was "yeah, we've been out looking at those too".

One relative point that I don't believe that has been mentioned yet is that this forum has both GM and Chevrolet employees that are also Camaro nuts. Those kind of people, are going to be digging for new information on the Camaro daily and then rush to post it on the forum to share with fellow Camaro fans. They usually get the hero of the day award for their efforts. That appears to be the reason why information is posted here long before it trickles down through the information chain to the desks at the dealerships.
FirstLSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 12:30 PM   #38
nathlo
Confirmed Ordering Member

Drives: 2004 Cavalier & Ordered 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Chevrolet View Post
Hey Thanks guys, I appreciate both sides of the argument, but again and truth be told, I came here for information on how to be a better informed salesperson to get more sales, this is fact and with that I am not sure that my motives are to be applauded. I mean, yes, inform my clients and whatnot, but for selfish motives... double edged sword? Good and Bad?

Eh, I will save that for someone with more brain cells.
If you're willing to take the time to learn about the car, you deserve to make the sales that others unwilling to do so will not get. No shame in wanting to be good at what you do for a living. Welcome to the site, and if my wife likes my car enough I might just give it to her and pick up a 'vert in KC when they come out (assuming GM can figure out their cash dilemmas like they have been able to in the past).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
WOW! Freakin awesome, thar car's so fast it rips the bodywork off!- my kid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamCamaro View Post
There just is not any other car in the market and my price range that I want other than the Camaro. I'm happily stuck with my choice.

nathlo is offline   Reply With Quote