Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-14-2010, 08:48 AM   #211
Sleestack

Drives: '07 SRT8 SuperBee, '09 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaniacFan View Post
I just don't get it. How many versions (body styles) does Mustang need to put out there??
More than one?

Ford is offers options (aka choices) from the factory. Contrast this to a 'single model' philosophy, where if you want better gears, suspension, supercharger, etc... you need to throw away your stock parts and pay a third part to install the performance options you wanted in the first place......hmmm, I get it.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:50 AM   #212
zero

Drives: Black 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by assasinator View Post
2011 GT's are dynoing from 370-390rwhp when broken in. with a tunnel ram intake and bigger cams, 440hp IS WAY UNDERRATED. i bet its closer to 460-480hp.

i will have that intake and bigger cams in mine.

awesome...gotta give ford props even though I own a SS I still like the boss and the improvements they have been giving the mustang is really outstanding imo hope it makes gm step up to the plate
zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:52 AM   #213
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
I just don't get it. How many versions (body styles) does Mustang need to put out there?? I guess it would be different if I liked the car, but I just don't. Nothing about the Mustang is appealing to me. The market is just oversaturated.

I'm glad that I own/drive a Camaro and don't have to another one out of every 10 cars that I pass. I like our uniqueness. I thought the flair would die the 1st year, but it hasn't - I still get so many looks every single time I'm driving my car. My two cents.
Not only that but the Mustang seems to attract a less mature audience. I know we have our own obnoxious Camaro drivers, but perhaps due to their larger concentrations in some areas they give the impression of most every Mustang driver is a "Detroit Ricer".

Just yesterday I pulled into a strip mall to pick up some dinner. The lot was full of only a handful of cars. At the other end of the lot was a 2010/11 mustang parked there. it looked like it had aftermarket wheels on it. It was about 25 spaces away from me as I parked. I was in line paying for my food and I hear this revving outside (through the closed windows of the restaurant) I can see the mustang all the way across the lot sitting there revving his motor over and over to high RPM and not moving. This continues for another 30 seconds while people inside the restaurant start craning their necks and looking over in disgust at the person ruining their meal all the way across the parking lot. I can tell the people are saying "What an &$$hole!" to each other.

Finally, the guy pulls out and leaves... only in true "Ricer" fashion, he drives across the lot in 1st gear at 35MPH, we we get to hear his awesome aftermarket exhaust at 5000 RPMs the whole way.

People were shaking their heads and laughing.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:03 AM   #214
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Drives: BMW 6 series Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Not only that but the Mustang seems to attract a less mature audience. I know we have our own obnoxious Camaro drivers, but perhaps due to their larger concentrations in some areas they give the impression of most every Mustang driver is a "Detroit Ricer".

Just yesterday I pulled into a strip mall to pick up some dinner. The lot was full of only a handful of cars. At the other end of the lot was a 2010/11 mustang parked there. it looked like it had aftermarket wheels on it. It was about 25 spaces away from me as I parked. I was in line paying for my food and I hear this revving outside (through the closed windows of the restaurant) I can see the mustang all the way across the lot sitting there revving his motor over and over to high RPM and not moving. This continues for another 30 seconds while people inside the restaurant start craning their necks and looking over in disgust at the person ruining their meal all the way across the parking lot. I can tell the people are saying "What an &$$hole!" to each other.

Finally, the guy pulls out and leaves... only in true "Ricer" fashion, he drives across the lot in 1st gear at 35MPH, we we get to hear his awesome aftermarket exhaust at 5000 RPMs the whole way.

WOW.......I seen a Camaro driver do the exact same thing.
All-Or-Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:47 AM   #215
Cobra8u

Drives: GT500
I don't blame you guys for being pissed about Ford releasing a new Mustang variation. Those Camaros are looking slower with every one .
Cobra8u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:55 AM   #216
meanmike
Account Suspended

Drives: FIRST ON RACE DAY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra8u View Post
I don't blame you guys for being pissed about Ford releasing a new Mustang variation. Those Camaros are looking slower with every one .
Why do you do this?
meanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:18 AM   #217
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post

I am sure there is a point in there somewhere but I have seen everything from civics to fullsize pickups, CAMAROS, and Even Corvettes doing this kind of stuff..................
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:39 AM   #218
Sax1031

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra8u View Post
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:54 AM   #219
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
I am not crazy about the color combinations on the Boss 302 but I do admire the way the Ford engineers sought to make the new Mustang a better car by taking information directly from the racing division. The car companies are in the business to make money, that is their bottom line. If they can take a car and make it faster and more fun to drive and not add a substantial amount of money to the cost, it is going to sell. The Boss 302 will sit in it's own niche, just like the Z/28 will. They won't be for everybody but they will sell. This horsepower race is great for all enthusiasts of performance cars!
Old 08-14-2010, 11:55 AM   #220
Morepwr
woohoo

Drives: Silverado, 70cutlass, 57chevy&more
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Ahh, the quest for more power never ends.
You got that right!
Old 08-14-2010, 12:15 PM   #221
Cobra8u

Drives: GT500
I'm just saying that that I'd pissed at Ford, not chevy, if the situation was reversed.
Cobra8u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:20 PM   #222
jimmyD

Drives: torrent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
I am sure there is a point in there somewhere but I have seen everything from civics to fullsize pickups, CAMAROS, and Even Corvettes doing this kind of stuff..................
My grandma does it not knowing....
jimmyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:24 PM   #223
BigDan

Drives: bug
Quote:
I just don't get it.
How many versions (body styles) does Mustang need to put out there?? .
Nothing about the Mustang is appealing to me.
The market is just oversaturated.

I'm glad that I own/drive a Camaro and don't have to another one out of every 10 cars that I pass.
Nice comments

I'm not sure what your getting at. It seems from your post like your upset by the Boss because it looks different then the GT, V6, and GT500. So if the Boss looked exactly like the stock GT we wouldn't of gotten any response out of you?

I personally like all the option's since when are options a bad thing?

I think the Boss 302 is the biggest leap forward for the auto industry to come out of Detroit in a long time since the originals back in the 60's. Ford listened to its customers and delivered big time......But it seems like Caniac Fan doesn't like the Boss 302 because there's too many versions of the 2011 Mustang already.

Last edited by BigDan; 08-14-2010 at 02:12 PM.
BigDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 05:17 PM   #224
wbt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T;2011 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggerorange73 View Post
I think you better do some more research on this statement. I don't see any published power numbers for this 350 yet...nor do I see any durabilty reports.

Not really. I have done my homework. I have owned both motors.

Please enlighten us with your experience/knowledge on the subject.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote