Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-22-2009, 08:34 AM   #29
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Maybe he's embellishing. A dark green would make a little more sense for the Camaro than a bright green would. What needs a bright green is the Challenger. Hmm... well, I'd need to see it first.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:35 AM   #30
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Good ol tripod...how about this?

Good choice going green
Will green replace an existing color?
Old 02-22-2009, 08:39 AM   #31
nathlo
Confirmed Ordering Member

Drives: 2004 Cavalier & Ordered 2SS/RS
A hastily (and rather poorly) done photoshop from the only "vibrant lime green" paint sample I could find:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
WOW! Freakin awesome, thar car's so fast it rips the bodywork off!- my kid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamCamaro View Post
There just is not any other car in the market and my price range that I want other than the Camaro. I'm happily stuck with my choice.

nathlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:42 AM   #32
StarkyLuv
Future 5th Gen Owner

Drives: 2006 Chevy Equinox AWD/LT
I just applied for pre-approval of my auto loan yesterday. I'm going to get my current car professionally detailed in preparation for selling next month.

I hope by mid-april my car arrives and I'll be cruising around Maryland in an Imperial Blue Metallic 2LT/RS!
StarkyLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:46 AM   #33
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathlo View Post
A hastily (and rather poorly) done photoshop from the only "vibrant lime green" paint sample I could find:
]
Looks good
Old 02-22-2009, 08:50 AM   #34
bob2the2nd

Drives: CGM 2LT RS
i think this has been mentioned in other threads but im curious. What happens to these cars that are being made before March 16? especially if they are ramping up right now, it seems like this would be a lot of vehicles to either test drive/destroy. At bare minimum we are taking 400 to 500 vehicles, on top of all of the ones currently being driven now.
bob2the2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:07 AM   #35
King Mouse

Drives: EXT
If it is PPG "Vibrance Key Lime" all I have to say is WOW. This color is amazing in person and Very VERY expensive. No online pics will do it justice.
King Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:10 AM   #36
Enator

Drives: 2011 SHELBY GT500 & Volvo S80
Hey everybody.

Anbody who knows when we get one here in Sweden?
Enator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:10 AM   #37
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob2the2nd View Post
i think this has been mentioned in other threads but im curious. What happens to these cars that are being made before March 16? especially if they are ramping up right now, it seems like this would be a lot of vehicles to either test drive/destroy. At bare minimum we are taking 400 to 500 vehicles, on top of all of the ones currently being driven now.
I think they'll end up being driven by GM employees or they'll be sold as used vehicles. Something like that...someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:12 AM   #38
TStko
TKO

Drives: you crazy...
Sold as demos...........

cars are like women, some are old, some are new, some get turned on easily some need a lot more help, some you just wanna drive into the river, some you can't wait to get inside of, some are expensive to maintain, some are low maintenance, however if you treat them right, you'll have her for the rest of your life.....
TStko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:41 AM   #39
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
I knew they would make a green camaro, there you go environmentalist hope your happy.
fireresq157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:47 AM   #40
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
I think they'll end up being driven by GM employees or they'll be sold as used vehicles. Something like that...someone correct me if I'm wrong.
They are what is called Captured Test Fleet vehicles and cannot be titled or registeered. Fbodfather just got his and he stated that information. so he cannot keep it after his time with the car is over. That means it will not be sold to the public.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:53 AM   #41
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

We KNOW you want your Camaros -- WE WANT you to have your Camaros!
Then PLEASE do what you are doing with the SS cars, mix our V6 cars in with the Dealer cars also. WE BEG YOU.. PLEASE!!!!

I realize you want to get cars into the dealer's hands ASAP. but then shouldn't you also hold the SS cars back until you are done with the dealer cars? that is if that is the reasoning behind not building V6 cars?
It's making us V6ers feel like we are not as important to you as the SS guys.
At least give us a clue to how long it will take before the sold order V6 cars will start production. And then will you build more V6's cars than SS cars so we can "Catch Up"
Old 02-22-2009, 11:23 AM   #42
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Then PLEASE do what you are doing with the SS cars, mix our V6 cars in with the Dealer cars also. WE BEG YOU.. PLEASE!!!!

I realize you want to get cars into the dealer's hands ASAP. but then shouldn't you also hold the SS cars back until you are done with the dealer cars? that is if that is the reasoning behind not building V6 cars?
It's making us V6ers feel like we are not as important to you as the SS guys.
At least give us a clue to how long it will take before the sold order V6 cars will start production. And then will you build more V6's cars than SS cars so we can "Catch Up"

WHOA -- jumping to conclusions!

We are building both V6 and V8 cars -- we want you (collectively) behind the wheels of your Camaros AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!...........
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote