Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 12-11-2008, 03:30 PM   #1
camarogrl42

Drives: 01 ss
women on the site!!

i haven't been on in MONTHS i'm sad to say :( i've been busy with everything going on in my life..i need some help guys, or more so women.

My boyfriend and i have been together for almost a year, last night while we were talking he said he felt "different" and he doesnt like it..when i asked what was wrong and if it was that he didnt love me anymore..he said that wasnt it..but he didnt feel anything anymore for anyone, he feels empty :( i feel just terrible he's been going through soo much lately and this stress is just about killlling him! He's obviously emotionally drained but has anyone else gone through this.. i want him to be happpy and emotional again! any ideas ladies

camarogrl42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:34 PM   #2
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
Do something nice for him, try to relieve his stress and try to make him happy.

If you can't make him happy, then don't waste your life trying to.. You only live once, dont have any regrets. There are many fish in the sea (wow i think i just turned 90 by saying that) and you can find someone to make you happy and in return make him happy.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:37 PM   #3
Barry626

Drives: 2012 Audi A6
Barry626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:40 PM   #4
camarogrl42

Drives: 01 ss
your so right, i know! i just wish i could honestly do something for him! He's the type to ALWAYS want to do everything for others, the guy never thinks about himself and i know he's a good guy which upsets me to see him like this! His family's going through a pretty hectic time and he's been getting down on himself so hard! He wants his emotions back and i just dont know what to telll him or how to even remotely help him at that :(

camarogrl42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:48 PM   #5
garfin
Resident Disciple

Drives: 2010 CTS-V 6MN '98 Camaro SS (Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarogrl42 View Post
i haven't been on in MONTHS i'm sad to say :( i've been busy with everything going on in my life..i need some help guys, or more so women.

..he said that wasnt it..but he didnt feel anything anymore for anyone, he feels empty :( i feel just terrible he's been going through soo much lately and this stress is just about killlling him! He's obviously emotionally drained but has anyone else gone through this.. i want him to be happpy and emotional again! any ideas ladies
Well, I'm not a lady and I'm not a doctor, but that is typical symptom of clinical depression. (... and don't take it personally if that turns out to be the diagnosis!)

If he's been under a lot of stress of late, that's another clue. Get him to a doctor and have him describe what he's been through and how he feels on a day-to-day basis. The empty feeling and not being able to connect with others is a signal that something is not right.

I've had some experience with friends and loved ones who've been through this and it ain't a picnic for them... nor for the people around them who care about them. I hope he won't put up a fuss and will be willing to talk to a professional about this.

If there's a chance he could be clinically depressed, it needs to be investigated as it is treatable.

Good luck to both of you!

Best regardSS,

Elie
Old 12-11-2008, 03:59 PM   #6
nathlo
Confirmed Ordering Member

Drives: 2004 Cavalier & Ordered 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by garfin View Post
... typical symptom of clinical depression...

...Get him to a doctor and have him describe what he's been through and how he feels on a day-to-day basis. The empty feeling and not being able to connect with others is a signal that something is not right...

... [if] he could be clinically depressed, it needs to be investigated as it is treatable...
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
WOW! Freakin awesome, thar car's so fast it rips the bodywork off!- my kid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamCamaro View Post
There just is not any other car in the market and my price range that I want other than the Camaro. I'm happily stuck with my choice.

nathlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:02 PM   #7
lalometalik
killer bAnana

Drives: 1985 z28
well, i dressed up as a girl once, so here it goes:
what you could do to help in the meantime IMO, is try as hard as you can to be as selfless as possible. try not to burden him with any more troubles, be supportive; not over-bearing. he may have to sort this out on his own, no offense to you, but proffessional help is recommended...

good luck! post #2 is great btw

"Shut your noise tube, Taco Human!"
lalometalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:05 PM   #8
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
If you love him you will try to get him some help. I agree with Garfin. This sounds serious. Don't mess around.
SSOOCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:07 PM   #9
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
At times we all go through hard times, and feel disconnected to our lives and everyone around us. We bounce back after a little bit if it is not a serious issue like clinical depression.

Give him a little space as you go through your daily routines. Do not withdraw, just give him a little space. When you do things together try and make him feel involved, and needed. Spend time together just talking and being with each other.

If he does not snap out of it then suggest professional help.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:15 PM   #10
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
A friend of mine had very simular symptoms, he went to the doctor and they
gave him Zoloft (not sure if spelled correct) and he is a changed person
(much better) didnt take long either. He really does need to get help, stress is a killer!!!
and o yeh... Im not a girl either.
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:15 PM   #11
SS One

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Not a woman, but have personally experienced this some years ago. Below are the signs of Clinical Depression from WebMD. If any of these symtoms fit your situation, do your best to get him some professional help. Getting him to a Doctor is not going to be easy, and nagging him about it won't help. Be supportive and understanding and maybe, just maybe, he will agree to seek some help. Hope it all works out for you.

Symptoms of Depression

Although there is no blood test to diagnose depression, there are well developed clinical guidelines used by health care professionals to diagnose major depressive disorder. One of these guidelines, developed by the American Psychiatric Association, is called the DSM-IV®. Your health care professional may ask you questions based on this established diagnostic guideline.

According to the DSM-IV, major depressive disorder (or "depression") is diagnosed when five or more of the following symptoms of depression are present for most of the day, nearly every day for at least 2 weeks. At least one of the symptoms must be either persistent sad or "empty" feelings or loss of interest in activities.

Constant sadness
Irritability
Hopelessness
Trouble sleeping
Low energy or fatigue
Feeling worthless or guilty for no reason
Significant weight change
Difficulty concentrating
Loss of interest in favorite activities

Be sure to tell your health care professional if you're experiencing any of these symptoms as described by the DSM-IV. Also, tell your health care professional if your symptoms are affecting your ability to function at home, at work, or with family, friends, or colleagues.

Call a health care professional right away if you or your family member has any of the following symptoms, especially if they are new, worse, or worry you:

Thoughts about suicide or dying
Attempts to commit suicide
New or worse depression
New or worse anxiety
Feeling very agitated or restless
Panic attacks
Trouble sleeping (insomnia)
New or worse irritability
Acting aggressive, being angry or violent
Acting on dangerous impulses
An extreme increase in activity and talking (mania)
Other unusual changes in behavior or mood
SS One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:26 PM   #12
TRIXXTERR

Drives: 96 Z28(sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by garfin View Post
Well, I'm not a lady and I'm not a doctor, but that is typical symptom of clinical depression. (... and don't take it personally if that turns out to be the diagnosis!)

If he's been under a lot of stress of late, that's another clue. Get him to a doctor and have him describe what he's been through and how he feels on a day-to-day basis. The empty feeling and not being able to connect with others is a signal that something is not right.

I've had some experience with friends and loved ones who've been through this and it ain't a picnic for them... nor for the people around them who care about them. I hope he won't put up a fuss and will be willing to talk to a professional about this.

If there's a chance he could be clinically depressed, it needs to be investigated as it is treatable.

Good luck to both of you!

Best regardSS,

Elie
Yeah What Garfin said..

Not a Lady, but Ihave been there, My Dad was Manic Depressive... Which my or may not be in the genes.. i used to get that way from time to time myself... seems like it would be in cycles once every three yrs i would fall into this funk, just like the one you described.. and would last for varying times..Just dont do what i did, I Drank ALOT, then i got uclers,kidney probs, Divorce,ETC..

Definatly need to go see a professional. and get help.

hope it all works out.
TRIXXTERR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:49 PM   #13
Wm Holden
Yes, that's my real name.

Drives: 2005 LS2 600hp GTO
It's just the christmas season...it does this to many people.
He'll recover....JMO
Magnuson 112HH supercharger at 7.5 psi (Virtual 9.0 liter) 600hp 1 of 2 torrid/red int /A4/05 555r 275/40/R17's Nitto Extreme Drags 1.7 60 ft Car runs high 11's No other mods. I got the first 112HH Magnuson blower ported for a GTO. Now it appears it was also one of the last....

http://www.ribbonprinting.com http://www.personalizedawarenessribbons.com
Wm Holden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:59 PM   #14
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
No, he does not need medical help. You can't just pop a pill and have all your problems solved.

This happens to a lot of people from time to time, just give him some space. There's nothing more annoying than someone asking "What's wrong?" and "Is it something I did?" over and over. If you let him sort it out himself he'll be fine...if you take the advice above and suggest he get help he will push you farther away.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote