Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-08-2008, 11:00 AM   #1
City Chevrolet
Chevrolet Sales

Drives: Grocery Getter
Unreal.. from a dealer

Man, I have no idea how you folks are getting all this information!!!!!!

I can not put an order through my GM site and get an accurate price and yet the more I read here (I am new) the more information I keep getting that I have not been privy to... Unreal that I have to come here to get information. Seriously guys, don't be too hard on a dealer because you folks may be more informed than 99% of all dealerships right now and it is not our fault, we just are not given this information.

BIG PAT ON THE BACK!!!!
City Chevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:03 AM   #2
City Chevrolet
Chevrolet Sales

Here is my last so called "Update"

Camaro

2010 Camaro - the 21st Century Sports Car
Earlier this week, the 2010 Camaro debuted to great reviews. Many reporters and consumers expressed their amazement of how true the production model is to the concept. They were also amazed to learn about the technology, safety and performance features included in the Camaro, the new definition of the 21st Century Sports Car. Here are some Camaro highlights:

Design
 Sleek styling with heritage-inspired cues and 10 available exterior colors.
 Detailed interior with excellent attention to detail and available ambient LED lighting technology.
 RS Appearance Package available on LT and SS, with HID headlamps that include integrated "halo ring" feature, spoiler, specific taillamps and 20-inch wheels.

Technology
 Bluetooth wireless technology for compatible phones.
 Premium Boston Acoustics 9-speaker, 245 watt audio system with subwoofer available as an option (first for Chevrolet model).
 USB connectivity available as an option.
 Ultrasonic Rear Parking Assist available as on option and planned for December, 2009
 Remote vehicle starting system available as on option.
 Six standard airbags: Dual-stage frontal air bags, Head-curtain side-impact air bags, Front-seat-mounted, side-impact thorax air bags for driver and front passenger.
 OnStar with one-year Safe & Sound Plan standard, also available with Turn-By-Turn Navigation with Directions & Connections plan.

Performance
 A 3.6L DI VVT V6 engine with a projected 300 hp and manual six-speed transmission is standard on LS and LT models.
 Choose the available six-speed automatic with TAPshift to achieve an estimated 26 mpg highway.
 A 6.2L V8 with six-speed automatic transmission includes Active Fuel Management technology and 23 mpg highway.
 The 6.2L V8 with manual six-speed transmission produces a projected 422 hp.
 Four-wheel independent suspension system.
 Four-wheel disc brake systems with ABS standard on all models, including four-piston Brembo calipers on SS models.
 StabiliTrak Electronic Stability Control System with traction control standard on all models.
 Competitive/Sport modes for the StabiliTrak system offered on SS models, including launch control on SS models equipped with the six-speed manual transmission.

To assist sales personnel with customers' inquiries, a 2010 Camaro Salesperson Reference Guide is available to be downloaded from Chevylaunch.com. This guide provides further information designed specifically for our great sales force. Consumers seeking additional information can be directed to Chevy.com/Camaro. This consumer site includes color chips, pictures, articles and a specification sheet that can also be downloaded from the site.

Friday 8/1/2008 Wow I feel ignorant right now
Old 11-08-2008, 11:09 AM   #3
Primus
2G1FF1EV0A9113319

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS 6MT
While I commend you for coming here to try to get information what saddens me is that I had more information then the dealers on October 13th. I mean, how does a dealer not stay on top of these things? They have the same resources as I, and also the resources of GM. How is it that my dealer didn't know they were taking orders the next day when I called on October 12th? Shouldn't they be following it the same as I?

Do dealers have to be "given" information for them to be learned? No. They could take a small bit of initiative and use the same sources as we do, and couple that with their sources in GM to be more informed then the customer. It really isn't a difficult concept. If I were a sales manager I would demand this of my employees.

Seriously, how much down-time does a salesman have at a dealership these days? What are they doing in their down-time at the dealership? This time should be spent staying current on the product in which they sell.

I'm sorry if I am coming off as harsh, but in my line of work if I used most current salespersons methodology I would be fired within a day.
3000: 4/08/2009
3300: 5/14/2009
3400: 5/21/2009
3800: 5/28/2009 VIN: 2G1FF1EV0A9113319
4000: 5/28/2009
4150: 5/28/2009
4B00: 5/28/2009

Delivered: 6/10/2009
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:11 AM   #4
Primus
2G1FF1EV0A9113319

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Chevrolet View Post
Here is my last so called "Update"

Friday 8/1/2008 Wow I feel ignorant right now
At the same time, they reference chevylaunch.com. There is a ton of information there that you could go over at you leisure.
3000: 4/08/2009
3300: 5/14/2009
3400: 5/21/2009
3800: 5/28/2009 VIN: 2G1FF1EV0A9113319
4000: 5/28/2009
4150: 5/28/2009
4B00: 5/28/2009

Delivered: 6/10/2009
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:19 AM   #5
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
We're enthusaists too. Many salesmen are not enthusiasts. They just sell cars to sell cars, and make a living. If you play dumb with some of them, they sometimes try to sell you something the vehicle doesn't have. (ie: Yes its the V8, when in fact its only a V6)
So they don't care, they just sell whatever comes on the lot. I research into as many GM products as i can, just so i can stay on top and help other people out, and i'm not related to a dealer at all. I'm a miner!
Old 11-08-2008, 11:30 AM   #6
City Chevrolet
Chevrolet Sales

Yeah, I do go over information, please understand me. We just do not even know that the information is available to be had! Without internet surfing on the matter, we EXPECT our dealerships to get information and pass it to us and GM itself is not getting that to us. Here is our information on pricing, notice the date::

For release: Oct. 13, 2008, 12:01 a.m. ET
CHEVROLET ANNOUNCES PRICING FOR THE 2010 CAMARO
Lineup Includes Fun and Efficient V-6 models rated at 27 mpg and High-
Performance Camaro SS
DETROIT – Chevrolet today announced pricing for the all-new, 2010 Camaro. It starts at
$22,995 MSRP for V-6-powered LS model, and $30,995 for the V-8-powered Camaro
SS (all prices include $750 destination charge). Customer ordering opened on Oct. 13,
with production scheduled to start in first quarter of 2009.
“The wait is almost over,” said Ed Peper, GM North America vice president, Chevrolet.
“The return of the Camaro gives sports car enthusiasts a reason to rejoice. It is a worldclass
performer with a distinctly American legacy.”
More than 600,000 enthusiasts have requested information on the Camaro since its
production was announced. Chevrolet is reaching out to give them the opportunity to be
the first to order one.
The Chevy.com/Camaro Web site carries information regarding early ordering, along
with vehicle packaging information, a specification sheet and anticipated frequently
asked questions about the ordering process.
Production is scheduled to begin in mid-February at GM’s Oshawa, Ontario production
facility, with dealership deliveries shortly thereafter. Complementing the Camaro’s
introduction is a range of performance, appearance and convenience accessories –
including 21-inch wheels and tires; ground effects and stripe kits; and even a classicstyled
Hurst shifter – that customers can order and have installed at their dealership. In
some cases, the cost of the accessories and their installation can be rolled into the
monthly payments.
“My Own Worst Enemy”
Enthusiasts will see the new Camaro this fall as part of NBC’s new drama, “My Own
Worst Enemy.” It stars Christian Slater as a man with two personalities – a suburban dad
and covert spy – with the Camaro featured prominently, along with the new Chevy
Traverse crossover. The show premiers Oct. 13, the same day ordering opens for the
Camaro.
Camaro’s supporting role on “My Own Worst Enemy” follows its big-screen debut as the
Autobot named Bumblebee in the blockbuster 2007 movie, “Transformers.”
World-class performance, American heritage
Built on GM’s new, global rear-wheel-drive architecture, the Camaro is offered in V-6-
powered LS and LT models, as well as the V-8-powered SS. All models and powertrain
combinations are matched with fuel-saving six-speed transmissions. Advanced
technologies, including engines with direct injection and Active Fuel Management,
enable a satisfying balance of exhilarating performance and good fuel economy.
Camaro product highlights also include:
• Sleek styling with heritage cues and 10 available exterior colors
• Four-wheel independent suspension system, including a 4.5-link rear suspension
• Four-wheel disc brake systems standard on all models, including four-piston
Brembo calipers on SS models
• StabiliTrak stability control system and traction control standard on all models
• Family of 18-, 19- and 20-inch wheels
• Six standard air bags, including head curtain side-impact air bags and front seatmounted
thorax side air bags
• RS appearance package available on LT and SS, including HID headlamps with
integrated halo rings, spoiler, specific taillamps and 20-inch wheels
• Bluetooth phone connectivity
• USB connectivity
• Remote vehicle starting system
• OnStar
• XM Satellite Radio
Under the hood, Camaro LS and LT use a 3.6L engine with variable valve timing to
optimize performance and fuel economy. It is rated at an estimated 300 horsepower
(224 kW) and 273 lb.-ft. of torque (370 Nm). A six-speed manual transmission is
standard with the 3.6L engine; a Hydra-Matic 6L50 electronically controlled six-speed
automatic, with TAPshift control, is available. LS and LT models are estimated at 27 mpg
in highway driving, for great fuel economy to complement their fun driving experience.
The high-performance Camaro SS is equipped with a powerful 6.2L V-8, with a choice of
a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission. Manual transmission-equipped
models receive the LS3 engine, estimated at 422 horsepower (315 kW) and 408 lb.-ft. of
torque (553 Nm). It is paired with a TR6060 six-speed transmission.
A new, L99 V-8 engine is used on automatic transmission-equipped SS models. It is
based on the LS3, but also includes GM’s fuel-saving Active Fuel Management feature.
It is estimated at 400 horsepower (299 kW) and 395 lb.-ft. of torque (535 Nm). It is
matched with a Hydra-Matic 6L80 six-speed transmission that helps delivers an
estimated 23 mpg on the highway.
Chevrolet is one of America’s best-known and best-selling automotive brands. With the
largest dealer network in the United States, Chevy is the leader in full-size trucks and the
leader in sales of vehicles priced $35,000 and above. Chevrolet delivers more-thanexpected
value in every vehicle category, offering cars and trucks priced from $12,120 to
$103,300. Chevy delivers expressive design, spirited performance and great value with
standard features usually found only on more expensive vehicles. More information on
Chevrolet can be found at www.chevrolet.com.
# # #

Anyhow, I am obviously getting involved and will share this within the dealership I work at and hopefully will be more informed. I am just curious as to how people have the $37,250 price point? I haven't found this information myself though as I stated, I was unaware it was out there. Obviously most of you are looking to make this purchase and that is incentive to reasearch the internet, as salespeople, if we do not know it is out there to be had and are not looking to buy it we would not have the same incentive to find out ifnormation by surfing as we would figure our dealership would provide more to us than a "Consumer website"... know what I mean? Maybe I am not expressing myself correctly? My main point is that I appreciate this site and will be bringing others this way. Great job.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:35 AM   #7
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Yep, thats the date you got that information. LOL, we knew you were going to get it before you did. Us enthusiast live, breath, and piss camaros so we tend to be alittle more on our game.

Edit: Actually i think we got it a day earlier..
Old 11-08-2008, 11:42 AM   #8
13F20

Drives: Soon to be 2010 Camaro SS
I would say that your biggest problem is that you depend on, and think that GM will give you every thing you want. In truth you need to be more proactive in this matter. With over 4,000 dealer ships nation wide they GM cant keep track of who has what as far as product information goes. It is up to you to inform GM that you need all updated product information on said product and they will provide it. You also need to have people that do look over the internet to gather the information for you as well. Buy doing this it does show that you do care about your products and that you do give a damn about coustomer care.
13F20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:43 AM   #9
City Chevrolet
Chevrolet Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
Yep, thats the date you got that information. LOL, we knew you were going to get it before you did. Us enthusiast live, breath, and piss camaros so we tend to be alittle more on our game.

Edit: Actually i think we got it a day earlier..
Man, aint that sad?

But you restated my point, I would have to think that a dealership would have info available before an enthusiasts site and therefore why would I (joe salesperson) think to look outside my dealership for info? Our information comes from GM, car and driver, edmunds, etc. and if they do not deliver (GM should always be first obviously) then we would assume it is not out there.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:47 AM   #10
Sizzox
Most Known Unknown

Drives: 08 Vette
Send a message via AIM to Sizzox
I personally think that it should be up to GM to keep the dealers informed about this kind of info it wouldn't be that hard for them to set up a list of fax numbers to every dealership that has chevy or hummer or caddy. They probably already have that set up so how hard is it to load up a fax and shoot it out to all the dealers. Just a push of a couple buttons.
I would kill for a gale banks diesel powered camaro. I would have so much torque and power that whenever I go to parades I would be physically able to throw torque out the window like candy for the kids.
Sizzox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:50 AM   #11
City Chevrolet
Chevrolet Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13F20 View Post
I would say that your biggest problem is that you depend on, and think that GM will give you every thing you want. In truth you need to be more proactive in this matter. With over 4,000 dealer ships nation wide they GM cant keep track of who has what as far as product information goes. It is up to you to inform GM that you need all updated product information on said product and they will provide it. You also need to have people that do look over the internet to gather the information for you as well. Buy doing this it does show that you do care about your products and that you do give a damn about coustomer care.

DEVILS ADVOCATE:
I understand that and I am not trying to make excuses, but the truth is if you don't know the information is out there besides the $22k starting price and engine availability and the basic standard features which we all know, why would you think to look when we have gotten 0 preorders and it is still months out? I looked, here I am, I do give a crap and want to be the best at what I do. My website has the information I have as I put it there awhile back and all the staff here has seen it, but that was the limit, was it far short of what I have read here? No, but there is more here that I did not know.

Again, I hope you understand what I am saying and I am only playing devils advocate. This has been up on my site for awhile at www.citychevy.net , so I am not blind, just near sighted and I am glad I came here, you guys are sharp!
Old 11-08-2008, 11:59 AM   #12
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Chevrolet View Post
Man, aint that sad?

But you restated my point, I would have to think that a dealership would have info available before an enthusiasts site and therefore why would I (joe salesperson) think to look outside my dealership for info? Our information comes from GM, car and driver, edmunds, etc. and if they do not deliver (GM should always be first obviously) then we would assume it is not out there.
Pleeeeese don't take information from edmunds and car and driver. They need to sell rumors, GM needs to sell cars. I can't tell you how many websites and magazines have misleading information about engines, handling, and everything else. They just aren't good sources anymore.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:02 PM   #13
City Chevrolet
Chevrolet Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
Pleeeeese don't take information from edmunds and car and driver. They need to sell rumors, GM needs to sell cars. I can't tell you how many websites and magazines have misleading information about engines, handling, and everything else. They just aren't good sources anymore.
LOL I know, a more honest quote is not out there!
Old 11-08-2008, 12:37 PM   #14
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
First - WELCOME!!!

Next - There's a bounty of information on this site; there's also some speculation here and there, but it's amazing to hear that sometime you guys (dealerships in general) just don't know there is information out there that the dealership hasn't given you. I'm not sure how things pop-up here before an other media outlets, but that's partof the reason I'm here - to be on the front line of information.

Finally - I hope you enjoy your stay here. I think it's safe to say that we'd all any new information as long as it doesn't compromise anyone or any agreements and such. My point is, share as much information as you can without overstepping bounds and agreements you have made with GM. That's just my .02.

WELCOME

Chuck

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote