Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-14-2009, 01:50 PM   #29
augrad94

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Black/Black
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinZero View Post
Ok... listen up.. Hendricks has his because he owns the damn delaership...I'm pretty sure he's not driving them around.

the street date for these cars is May 6th.

MAY 6th... again..

So please do not throw negativity around... yes people are getting impatient. Trust me, I know, but its going to do no good to complain like this.

<rant>
OK I am sorry but I can not take this anymore! The man's name is Rick Hendrick no S its Hendrick. Not Hendricks or Hendrickz or anthing like that!!!
</rant>
3000 03/26/2009
3300 5/09/2009
3400 5/13/2009
3800 5/22/209 VIN 111607
4000 5/22/209
4104 5/22/209
4B00 5/22/209
4200 Not sure of date but it has shipped!
6000 6/12/2009

CAM, Headers, exhaust build thread here.
augrad94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:51 PM   #30
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by towmoe View Post
So, what do I tell my financier about when I can expect to take the loan?
I got a better one. I have been insuring this car for two weeks now since I have the VIN. My fault? Yes. But I just assumed that since they "want us to have our cars as soon as possible" that over a month from build to delivery wouldn't have happened. Again, my fault? Yes.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:53 PM   #31
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
The only reason people even know the camaro is coming is because GM released info to the public. NO other manufacture has ever done this for a car. KEEP THIS IN MIND

Everybody just glosses over the fact that there have been A LOT of credible people that said they would keep the cars for QA/QC for a time after they were produced to make sure shat is right....why can't that be appreciated? Would you rather have a car that is yours and back at the dealer for an extended period of time waiting on parts and possibly multiple times?

Don't give me any BS about it should have been done right the first time either, because NO CAR EVER comes out flawlessly; but GM is trying their darndest to accomplish just this!

They could have just built the camaro the way they wanted and everyone would've complain about this and that "they should've done this, why didn't they do this". Instead, for example, they gave us ambiant lighting in the doors instead of just scraping the whole idea because they couldn't get it sorted in time for production. BUT NO, they busted their butts to give us something a handful of people cried about not having. THE NORMAL PUBLIC WOULDN'T HAVE EVEN KNOWN THE DIFFERENCE
Old 04-14-2009, 01:53 PM   #32
towmoe

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
I got a better one. I have been insuring this car for two weeks now since I have the VIN. My fault? Yes. But I just assumed that since they "want us to have our cars as soon as possible" that over a month from build to delivery wouldn't have happened. Again, my fault? Yes.
Yes, your fault but if GM would communicate clearly these things would not happen.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:55 PM   #33
towmoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
The only reason people even know the camaro is coming is because GM released info to the public. NO other manufacture has ever done this for a car. KEEP THIS IN MIND

Everybody just glosses over the fact that there have been A LOT of credible people that said they would keep the cars for QA/QC for a time after they were produced to make sure shat is right....why can't that be appreciated? Would you rather have a car that is yours and back at the dealer for an extended period of time waiting on parts and possibly multiple times?

Don't give me any BS about it should have been done right the first time either, because NO CAR EVER comes out flawlessly; but GM is trying their darndest to accomplish just this!

They could have just built the camaro the way they wanted and everyone would've complain about this and that "they should've done this, why didn't they do this". Instead, for example, they gave us ambiant lighting in the doors instead of just scraping the whole idea because they couldn't get it sorted in time for production. BUT NO, they busted their butts to give us something a handful of people cried about not having. THE NORMAL PUBLIC WOULDN'T HAVE EVEN KNOWN THE DIFFERENCE
And GM wouldn't have had 14,000 pre-orders, which is helping them out...
Old 04-14-2009, 01:56 PM   #34
Evotion
Warehouse 13 Survivor!!!!

Drives: '13 ZL1 - 69' Camaro
Quote:
I have to disagree with you on this point. First let me start by saying I put down a deposit on a purchase which the dealer/GM has. So I deserve/expect information on the delivery of what I put money down on. Second, if GM didn't want all of this going on they should have never had the "Pre-order" business. They must take the bad with the good.
If you really feel that you "deserve/expect information", yell at your dealer. GM has none of your money... they promised you nothing, you do not have a signed contract with GM, nor will you ever.

I'm not trying to be an ass... but the amount of whining I see on these boards makes me more irritated than waiting for my car. I wanted my car yesterday, but the simple fact of the matter is... I was promised NOTHING!!!
Evotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:57 PM   #35
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
And GM wouldn't have had 14,000 pre-orders, which is helping them out...

HOW? they have not recieved a single penny..... They would still have sold the same amount, just at a different time
Old 04-14-2009, 02:00 PM   #36
towmoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evotion View Post
If you really feel that you "deserve/expect information", yell at your dealer. GM has none of your money... they promised you nothing, you do not have a signed contract with GM, nor will you ever.

I'm not trying to be an ass... but the amount of whining I see on these boards makes me more irritated than waiting for my car. I wanted my car yesterday, but the simple fact of the matter is... I was promised NOTHING!!!
That's funny. Ultimately I'm buying from GM, so yes, GM does/will ultimately get my money.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:02 PM   #37
ZYAL8R

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by augrad94 View Post
<rant>
OK I am sorry but I can not take this anymore! The man's name is Rick Hendrick no S its Hendrick. Not Hendricks or Hendrickz or anthing like that!!!
</rant>
What about Hendrix?

84' Chevy S-10
91' Chevy S-10 Ext. Cab
90' GMC Sierra Reg. Cab 350 V8
2003 GMC Sierra HD 4x4 Crew 6.0
2005 GMC Yukon 5.3
2008 GMC Ext. Cab 4x4 5.3
2008 GMC Yukon SLT 5.3
This truck man is about to go for something a little more sporty.
ZYAL8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:04 PM   #38
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
HOW? they have not recieved a single penny..... They would still have sold the same amount, just at a different time
How? Simple. Just because GM is getting government money doesn't mean their normal lenders don't exist. I'm sure they are able to borrow against anticipated income from sold orders. I can in my business.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:09 PM   #39
Sloppy Joe

Drives: 2SS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYAL8R View Post
What about Hendrix?
Now that's funny!
Old 04-14-2009, 02:14 PM   #40
Evotion
Warehouse 13 Survivor!!!!

Drives: '13 ZL1 - 69' Camaro
Quote:
That's funny. Ultimately I'm buying from GM, so yes, GM does/will ultimately get my money.

However

All I know is... if you are so sure about all this, than you should do what everyone else does... sue.

Obviously this entire process has taken its toll on all of us, and cleary GM entered into a binding contract the minute we put down our deposit.

BTW... Yes... I am a professional Devils Advocate. And thanks for the drama!!! lol
Evotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:19 PM   #41
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie L. View Post
I'm kinda on the fence...I am an enthusiast bigtime but did not order a '10 Camaro,BUT a delay this long....without an explanation (of paid/customer cars), is kinda tough for those who ordered....why there are none at the dealers is kinda weird/unfair
??? I don't think GM has taken $ from any pre orders. I ordered on Oct 13 and haven't paid a dime to anyone and my car should be built this week. Although they say "sold orders" there is no contract to buy. Some may have paid deposits, but to dealers, not GM.

I undrerstand being impatient, mine is to be built this week and i can't get any info and no VIN yet, but there is nothing i can do. I just have to wait like everyone else, except Rick Hendrick. He did pay $350,000 for his and GM got publicity from the event. I'm sure in a few weeks when the cars are on the road and on the lots there will be much better threads than the one you are looking at now.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:20 PM   #42
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Where is Waldo??
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote