Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-30-2012, 08:01 PM   #15
rmyers

Drives: Both American Made
I'd be a bit upset that they took my car apart without having the parts to fix it. Just doesn't make sense to me. I would not be happy about this at all. Good luck!

2012 ZL1 #213 M6 Black on Black
2013 ZL1 #2638 Convertible Auto
2010 Chevrolet Suburban
2011 GMC Seirra HD Denali
rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:05 PM   #16
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
Honestly if this happened to me I would settle for nothing less of a new Camaro from the dealer. There is no excuse for stupidity like that. You may be able to replace the interior but I don't think you'll be able to get all the mold and for someone like me with allergies that is hell.
Ringo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:05 PM   #17
1SSFever

Drives: 2012 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmyers View Post
I'd be a bit upset that they took my car apart without having the parts to fix it. Just doesn't make sense to me. I would not be happy about this at all. Good luck!
Well they had to figure out what was wrong with it. What I hate is when they slap it back together and send you back out, still with the problem, so you can drive around for 3 weeks until the parts come in.
1SSFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:11 PM   #18
babytiger
it's hers...

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Thanks. I am asking about the AC because the car has had a lot of standing water in it for weeks in extreme heat of the summer. Surely some of those vapors condensed... the smell is unbelievable.
Imagine how good the smell of the new Camaro their insurance company buys you will be.
babytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:15 PM   #19
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo64 View Post
Honestly if this happened to me I would settle for nothing less of a new Camaro from the dealer. There is no excuse for stupidity like that. You may be able to replace the interior but I don't think you'll be able to get all the mold and for someone like me with allergies that is hell.
I was contacted yesterday by GM after a BBB claim and basically they stand behind their cars not their dealers. The GM rep says from what he sees a buyback is not in order. Car has been to dealer at least ten times for about 45 days and counting. They still have to replace the water managmnet system and the carpet and whatever else having a moldy car requires.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:18 PM   #20
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
To me this is all on the dealer. They have a responsibility while the car is under their care not to incur further damage from their negligence. You may have to get a lawyer and sue the dealership for negligence, loss of use of the vehicle, and maybe for your aggravation. GM probably will not replace the car themselves but for customer relations they might. So I would continue to persue both avenues and see which one leads somewhere.
Good luck.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:20 PM   #21
2xSSRS

Drives: 2017 SS Black on Black A8
Quote:
I was contacted yesterday by GM after a BBB claim and basically they stand behind their cars not their dealers. The GM rep says from what he sees a buyback is not in order. Car has been to dealer at least ten times for about 45 days and counting. They still have to replace the water managmnet system and the carpet and whatever else having a moldy car requires.
I would go absolutely postal!
Old 08-30-2012, 08:26 PM   #22
babytiger
it's hers...

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
That smell is probably in the fabric top as well. It sucks tram, sorry this is happening to you.
babytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:31 PM   #23
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Quote:
100% Bullshit.

The dealer is an agent of GM. One cannot separate themselves from the other. A dealer ****s up is GM ****ing up. Period, ask any attorney.

Let them fix it, stick it in the sun for a week and see if it still smells like ass.

BBB is the first step, lemon law next if still not resolved. What was the BBB ruling? Sounds like you have met a rep that wont help until ordered to. Some are helpfull and grasp the concept of customer satisfaction. Some are assholes that need a judge to tell them how the situation should be handled.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:36 PM   #24
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
To me this is all on the dealer. They have a responsibility while the car is under their care not to incur further damage from their negligence. You may have to get a lawyer and sue the dealership for negligence, loss of use of the vehicle, and maybe for your aggravation. GM probably will not replace the car themselves but for customer relations they might. So I would continue to persue both avenues and see which one leads somewhere.
Good luck.
Agreed, sadly who you should focus on is the dealer. GM may step in but the fault is solely on the dealer due to they are the ones who did it.

I would try every avenue possible to get this resolved to you having a new Camaro
Ringo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:36 PM   #25
AirManFL
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Have you called your insurance company? Perhaps they can either give you some advice or depending on your policy you may be able to file a claim and they would in turn go after the dealers insurance.

Just a thought.

Rob
AirManFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:37 PM   #26
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytiger View Post
That smell is probably in the fabric top as well. It sucks tram, sorry this is happening to you.
Some febreeze will take care of that.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:39 PM   #27
AirManFL
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2018 ZL1
If you end up with the car...I would find someone who does ozone treatments on vehicles.

Rob
AirManFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:43 PM   #28
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
100% Bullshit.

The dealer is an agent of GM. One cannot separate themselves from the other. A dealer ****s up is GM ****ing up. Period, ask any attorney.

Let them fix it, stick it in the sun for a week and see if it still smells like ass.

BBB is the first step, lemon law next if still not resolved. What was the BBB ruling? Sounds like you have met a rep that wont help until ordered to. Some are helpfull and grasp the concept of customer satisfaction. Some are assholes that need a judge to tell them how the situation should be handled.
No ruling from BBB as of yet. Everything is shut down due to storm. GM rep didn't even know he was calling into a disater zone.

My top has been worked on four times replaced once and now has been being repaired due to leak for over three weeks. Did I mention that car has been taking on water... it rained alomst every day this month.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mold water corrosion