Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 06-11-2010, 09:02 AM   #1
CamaroMiami

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3, 92 Camaro RS
Anyone heard of Torq Performance - Miramar, FL

Has anyone used Torq performance in Miramar, Florida?

I've seen their website: http://www.gettorq.com/ I want to use them
and i'm looking for some positive feedback about them.

Fastlane and many others is way too far to take my car.

All responses will be appreciated.
If you know of any other quality performance shops in or near Miami, Florida
please post.
CamaroMiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:22 AM   #2
thecamaroguy

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/1967 Camaro SS
They are represented on this site and are very active within the various communities like Camaro5. All the sites I have seen them on, they have been highly recommended.

I have talked with them via emails and they are very professional.
I won a gift certificate from them and waiting to spend it...thus why I have been chatting with them.

2010 Camaro 2SS - CGM
1967 Camaro SS350 - At Body Shop

Proud to say I have always owned a Camaro! A Camaro has been my Daily driver since I started driving!
thecamaroguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:34 AM   #3
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM 2SS
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Search is your friend. You will get like 2 pages worth.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:44 AM   #4
Jchaluja

Drives: Twin Turbo Camaro
I've met Eric at the top gun run with his camaro, car was built very good and he was very nice...
Jchaluja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:46 AM   #5
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Yes, good bunch of guys. They were represented at Camaro5.com fest. Saw Erik run on the autocross. great suspension work. One of their cars hit 186 mph.
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:51 AM   #6
CamaroMiami

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3, 92 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Search is your friend. You will get like 2 pages worth.
Thanks Blade, sorry everyone.

Thanks again everyone that chose to give feedback.
CamaroMiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:24 PM   #7
1bacamaro

Drives: 2ss
i hate to say anything bad about anyone but they were not so great to me. they wouldnt return my phone calls and still havent heard from them about a dyno tune. i drove over to the other coast to get my car tuned but didnt know i needed my sct for them to tune the car. eric told me he would email a tune for me to download until i could make it back over there for my dyno tune. i never got the email so i called and texted him many times with no return call. finally i gave up and went to J&J performance in cape coral for my tune.
J&J performance has been just great to deal with and i wont go to anyone else for tuning.
1bacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 02:26 PM   #8
Meister@Torq

Drives: 2001 Crown Vic
Send a message via AIM to Meister@Torq Send a message via MSN to Meister@Torq
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bacamaro View Post
i hate to say anything bad about anyone but they were not so great to me. they wouldnt return my phone calls and still havent heard from them about a dyno tune. i drove over to the other coast to get my car tuned but didnt know i needed my sct for them to tune the car. eric told me he would email a tune for me to download until i could make it back over there for my dyno tune. i never got the email so i called and texted him many times with no return call. finally i gave up and went to J&J performance in cape coral for my tune.
J&J performance has been just great to deal with and i wont go to anyone else for tuning.
Jeff, I am sorry you were not sent the tune after your visit where you had forgotten your Xcal at home. We would have been happy to provide you with a tuner to avoid you driving back to Naples but unfortunately we did not have one in stock that day.

We do our best to provide prompt service and 100% satisfaction to all mail order and local customers. From time to time, there can be mix-ups or errors but we always try and fix them. As you know, I was gone to Sweden for a week of tuning cars and never heard from you after my return.

With that being said, and me admitting I made an error by not sending your mail order tune promptly, I do not think how you have represented us is honest and fair.

Since you first contacted us, after purchasing an intake and tuner (which were both price competitive and promptly delivered as promised) you were provided with all of our cell phone numbers. Additionally, we provided you with assistance regarding your Magnacharger issues (when this was not purchased from us), body shop issues (which we had nothing to do with), etc during and outside of business hours. We provide the same customer service to all of our customers and we are recognized for being available outside of business hours.

Our experience and knowledge with the GM LS platform and 2010 Camaro is second to none and we will be happy to serve you again in the future should you wish to do business with us again as we value your business.

Best of luck and should you have any more concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Last edited by Meister@Torq; 06-20-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Meister@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 03:03 PM   #9
1bacamaro

When i tell someone i am going to do something i do it. i am mad because i never got that tune i was told you were going to send me. i called and sent text messages many times while you were in town with no replys. the service before this was good. i just feel that you pushed me away like you didnt want to deal with me. I gave up with torq and moved on to J&J performance because the lack of communication after i got back to naples.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:26 PM   #10
Meister@Torq

Drives: 2001 Crown Vic
Send a message via AIM to Meister@Torq Send a message via MSN to Meister@Torq
Jeff, I am sorry you feel that way and I promise you it was not our intentions to make you feel disconnected and I take full responsibility. Please contact me directly to discuss this further
Meister@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 05:26 PM   #11
SILVER BULLITT

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS MONSTER
NEVER HEARD !
HP MONSTER' SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BUILT, LMR CAI, CUSTOM GRIND CAM, CUSTOM BUILT CNC PORTED AND POLISHED HEADS, FAST 102MM INTAKE MANIFOLD,ARH LONG TUBES AND HIGH FLOW CATS, BIGGER INJECTORS, VALVES SPRINGS RETAINERS, MGW SHORT SHIFTER, EIBACH SPRINGS, FACTORY CHROMED WHEELS, BLACKED OUT EMBLEMS, BLACKED OUT ROOF,BLACKED OUT MARKERS, 3.5 INCH ELECTRONIC CUTOUTS, FLOWMASTERS, ZEX WET 150 SHOT, FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF =630 REAR WHEEL TORQUE ,AND 600 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER
MY JOURNALhttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...02#post2023802 SOON TWIN TURBO SETUP
SILVER BULLITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 05:47 PM   #12
1bacamaro

ok!
Old 06-20-2010, 07:03 PM   #13
markmass
TRI-COUNTY CAMAROS

Drives: 2SS/RS Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroMiami View Post
Has anyone used Torq performance in Miramar, Florida?

I've seen their website: http://www.gettorq.com/ I want to use them
and i'm looking for some positive feedback about them.

Fastlane and many others is way too far to take my car.

All responses will be appreciated.
If you know of any other quality performance shops in or near Miami, Florida
please post.
I visited the workshop - wanting GETTORQ to do a CAM job. Erik and Paul were great, affording me the time to take me round the workshop and explain the build procedure then to another Camaro they were working on, and then to Erik's camaro for a 'sound' check - i.e excactly what i hope mine will sound like. Definitely very professional, knowledgeable and enthusiastic.

I will be booking mine for a CAM and dyno tune later in July, after the worldcup....(USA was robbed!!!) anyway. Experience so far has been good
GET-TORQ custom CAM 223/243 LSA113, Full LS3 conversion, 3200 stall Multi-Disk TC from Circle-D, B&M Supercooler to cool that tranny down....1 7/8" Kooks Headers and High flowCats. MACH XL Catbacks. Eibach springs, R2C Performance CAI, powdercoated calipers, Footwell lighting in tune with dome lights, tints, ABL Lighting, ACS T3 ports and ACS Eagle T3 triple LED lighting kit. Heritage grill, Hex vents, ZL1 rockers, ZL1 Diffuser, Quad tips...the list keeps getting longer - whats next??

markmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:40 PM   #14
1bacamaro

i just was contacted by torq to talk about my problem with torq. you could really tell that he was concerned that i was not happy with thier service. I was asked what they could do it make it right. he offered some parts at cost or even tune the car for free! i could tell these guys really pride themselves on great service. not to many companies would have gone out of thier way to call me and make it right.