Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-12-2013, 01:15 PM   #71
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
...Probably no hood vent will be the only difference...
But wouldn't it be funny if the V6 is not changing at all, keeping the same front and rear look as before so that is why we haven't seen one yet....
I think it has been mentioned the V6 is keeping the current hood.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:19 PM   #72

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
But wouldn't it be funny if the V6 is not changing at all, keeping the same front and rear look as before so that is why we haven't seen one yet....
I think it has been mentioned the V6 is keeping the current hood.
You may be right, actually...My understanding is the new grille and lower grille were changed so the air-flow would actually make the hood heat-extractor vent functional....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:23 PM   #73
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxScottxXN View Post
I can remember when owners of muscle cars actually loved the cars they drove!! They didn't whine about not having a change holder. (You're driving a $30k car...give your change to someone who can use it!!) They never said anything about how bad the tail lights look...you're driving one of the coolest cars on the streets...talk it up...not down!!! You don't like something on these cars...maybe you should be driving a PRIUS!!! I've had some nice muscle cars over the years that I've never had a bad word about ANY of them!!! I LOVE GM MUSCLE!!!
I had a friend with an all original 69 DZ302...awesome car and you could take it to 10 grand in first gear all day long...unbelievable car and have always wanted one but the car was just too hard to find at a good price. I'm finally able to afford that car but decided to buy the 5th gen instead because you have all three of the 1st gen cars rolled into one amazing car and the guys that design these cars do everything they can to improve on this car every chance they get. And the tail lights on the 14...look really cool..and remind me of that 69 for some reason.
Everyone needs to say "THANK YOU" to the people on the Camaro team for giving you one of these COOL modern day muscle cars to drive!!!
"THANK YOU CAMARO TEAM"....I enjoy everything about my Camaro. I wish I could afford the new Z/28... but like that old 69 that I always wanted...the new one is just a dream too.
So your saying that if we drive a Camaro we should just be full of blind bias and love everything about it and tell GM they are doing a perfect job...it just can't get any better????

Sorry I disagree.

Look, nobody here is saying that GM doesn't work hard on the Camaro, or that they haven't made improvements over the years, or that they just plain don't listen to us. We love the Camaro, and if we didn't think it was a great car we wouldn't have bought it.

All we are saying is that we don't like the changes, and honestly, if that how most people feel, GM needs to know. The 5th gen has done so well because of its fantastic looks....not because of its performance. I don't care what anyone says...if the Camaro was not attractive it would still be dragging behind the Mustang in sales.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:26 PM   #74
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
You may be right, actually...My understanding is the new grille and lower grille were changed so the air-flow would actually make the hood heat-extractor vent functional....
Well if your trying to do an update why not use the opportunity to improve the functionality at the same time
Old 04-12-2013, 02:42 PM   #75
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
So your saying that if we drive a Camaro we should just be full of blind bias and love everything about it and tell GM they are doing a perfect job...it just can't get any better????

Sorry I disagree.

Look, nobody here is saying that GM doesn't work hard on the Camaro, or that they haven't made improvements over the years, or that they just plain don't listen to us. We love the Camaro, and if we didn't think it was a great car we wouldn't have bought it.

All we are saying is that we don't like the changes, and honestly, if that how most people feel, GM needs to know. The 5th gen has done so well because of its fantastic looks....not because of its performance. I don't care what anyone says...if the Camaro was not attractive it would still be dragging behind the Mustang in sales.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:07 PM   #76
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
Quote:

Sorry I disagree.

Just because you work "hard" at something doesn't mean I have to like it
King Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:13 PM   #77

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Well if your trying to do an update why not use the opportunity to improve the functionality at the same time
I think that's where the big balancing act comes in....What isn't necessarily the most attractive, is getting priority in the name of performance...and that was the theme of the auto show....I'll take it, not complaining...lol..

The 5thGen Camaro had it's day in the sun for styling and public demand...now it's more in the hands of the engineers more so from now on...just my humble opinion...all good...no worries...They know they got a good thing going, and they aren't gonna kill it...A little blip on the screen now and then isn't a deal breaker....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #78
quickdrraw

Drives: 2015 Z/28
I don't like the tail lights either, how ever the LED on the rs will make it a little more appealing. I like the front end better. How ever the hood vent looks cheap and plastic but a great feature.

Last edited by quickdrraw; 04-12-2013 at 06:17 PM. Reason: *grammer nazi
quickdrraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:17 PM   #79
ex-SS-ve

Quote:
Sorry GM, but you just can't win em all.

This time around, I think the RS package actually looks worse than the non-RS models. Lets start with the front. Its alright or even good from certain angles. The problem is the extended length of the headlamps which just looks awkward and makes the Camaro with just the halos on look "wide eyed" and goofy. I will give it some credit though, when the front parking lights are on it helps to break that up, but I still think the grille should have been extended and overlapped the lamps.

Moving to the rear. Its even worse than the front. The big black diaper on the bottom, the big square hole for a plate, no indention in the truck giving any definition, and tail lamps with a boring shape. Its just not good. I hope to see something more imaginative here with the 6th gen, which should be a big change, even if it does end up keeping similar styling cues.

Camaro I still love you, but this is one true fan that you haven't impressed.
looking at the front reminds me a person with a lazy eye and trying to figure out which eye is actually staring at you.. looks like a derp! the back end has a little in common with the 2010 + mustang, compare the two and youll see it.
ex-SS-ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:25 PM   #80
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
Recaro seats will be an option, as the LED tail lights will be standard on the ZL1. As long as everything is an option, it gives us consumers a choice which is great! I'm looking forward to GM introducing some sort of Safety Tech option which in my eyes would include the blind spot mirror and front-end collision sensors. You can never be too safe!
Problem is, you won't be able to get the options you want without spending thousands on a whole package upgrade. Thanks, but I will wait for the 50th anniversary Mustang.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:24 AM   #81
beany323

Drives: Camaro 2SS /RS/1LE
some of the looks i like but no regrets. love my 1le. glad i got it before it changed.

Updated w/ Willow Springs:
1. Nissan GTR Track Pack 1:19.6 2. Ducati 1198 S 1:19.7 3. Nissan GTR 1:20.3 4. Corvette Z06 1:20.4
5. Audi R8 V10 Plus 1:22.0 6. Ferrari 458 Italia 1:22.3
7. CAMARO SS 1LE 1:22.7
8. Shelby GT 500 1:23.5
9. Mustang Gt Track Pack 1:25.8
beany323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:36 AM   #82
Dupree878

Drives: '13 Dusk Edition 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Really? Could have sworn the 21" wheel package was discontinued and these were 20".
Really, because I could have sworn the 21" wheel packages that were discontinued were the
(SER) 21-Inch 5-Spoke Wheels
(5W5) 21-Inch Aluminum Wheels with Silver Accents

Not the
(N3L) 21" Bright Silver-painted wheels (which is what's on the Dusk, and that car in the video)

Last edited by Dupree878; 04-13-2013 at 08:06 AM.
Dupree878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:41 AM   #83
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Function or not, just do not care for a hole in the hood. could live with the rest...
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:28 PM   #84
Dr. Krabz

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
I think the designers got it right the first time around, if it ain't broke, don't fix it clearly applies here. I understand GM's need to freshen things up so they don't get stale and lose sales, I just think they went about it in the wrong way. I am still very happy with my 2011 SS.
Dr. Krabz is offline   Reply With Quote