Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-26-2008, 10:10 PM   #1
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
Were any of your predecessors Camaro owners??

Is there someone you'll be reminded of owning your 5th-gen??

My Mom (my most favorite person in the world) had a '74 F body six cylinder. While I truly hope to buy a V8 should the gas mileage work out I may end up with a car much in the same spirit of hers.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:14 PM   #2
BumbleBee
Yes, I am a girl

Drives: 2006 Pontiac Vibe
Cool

My dad had a Black 1985 Trans-am Fire Bird, it was supose to be mine, but it was stolen and wrecked. I never got to drive it, but it'll be nice to own it's younger twin.

...second to none
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:24 PM   #3
phlegm

Drives: '89 Bonneville; '10 2LT/RS
Like I mentioned in another thread, my uncle's project car before he died was a second generation camaro. My family has a large gathering every fourth of July and I hope to drive up in my new fifth gen for next year. No one else that I can think of in my family drives a camaro, so I'll guarantee that everyone will think of my uncle when i show off my new baby.
phlegm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:57 PM   #4
Fandango
(In Z/28 Therapy)

Drives: 2014 SS Camaro (Sookie)
Send a message via AIM to Fandango
Two here. My dad got a 87 IRoc. It was beautiful. Thing was fun. Then he sold it and got a Vette. Sold that for a Jeep?

Well he regained consciousness and got a 67 SS that was in Super Chevy. We all take it out for spins on the week ends and thats that.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:58 PM   #5
bouncertime
Miller High Life

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1, 2017 Colorado Z71
My dad owned a Corvette Bronze Metallic '68 SS Camaro with a 350 and 4 speed muncie. He bought it new and sold it before I was born. I found a few pictures of it in his things when I was a kid and fell in love with it. I have been able to buy a Camaro, so this will be my first.

It was identicle to this one.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:13 AM   #6
68RS

Drives: '68 327 RS, 2010 2SS/RS
My dad had a 68 RS. I have a lot of memories in that car. So now the car since in my garage and I plan on my boys having a lot of memories in it, plus memories of their Dad's 2010 Camaro. So yes, I like the tradition thing too!
68RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:26 AM   #7
09camaroSS

Drives: 2005 Mazda 3
My aunt had a 91 Z28. That car was awesome. I kept telling her that I wanted it. But then she sold it.

Its all good though my 09 SS will be so much better.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:40 AM   #8
09'Z28
The "Mad Hamster"

Drives: '71 Camaro, '90 mx5, '71 2002
well my dad has owned 5+ F-bodys, i think he's had 4 '70s Camaros and a '67 Firebird
none he has now
Old 03-27-2008, 12:43 AM   #9
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
I'm sorry to sound corny; but these stories you all are sharing really warm my heart. This car means so many things to people on such a deep and personal level. So many other cars out there have a lot of superficial connotations and meanings attached to them, but the Camaro really strikes a chord with folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlegm View Post
Like I mentioned in another thread, my uncle's project car before he died was a second generation camaro. My family has a large gathering every fourth of July and I hope to drive up in my new fifth gen for next year. No one else that I can think of in my family drives a camaro, so I'll guarantee that everyone will think of my uncle when i show off my new baby.
Put very nicely. There's a lot of pride one can have in being an American, top that off with one of this country's best products and brands and it doesn't get much better than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncertime View Post
My dad owned a Corvette Bronze Metallic '68 SS Camaro with a 350 and 4 speed muncie. He bought it new and sold it before I was born. I found a few pictures of it in his things when I was a kid and fell in love with it. I have been able to buy a Camaro, so this will be my first.

It was identicle to this one.

^Truly unique but very classy color. That would be just as cool if you got your car painted the same color (expensive to do but might be worth it when you consider the sentimental value).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68RS View Post
My dad had a 68 RS. I have a lot of memories in that car. So now the car since in my garage and I plan on my boys having a lot of memories in it, plus memories of their Dad's 2010 Camaro. So yes, I like the tradition thing too!
I have no doubt your kids will not only remember pop's Camaro, but they'll appreciate the memories and hopefully there will be a Camaro for them to have of their own one day in the future.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:12 AM   #10
LS9CamaroSS

Drives: Cavalier RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerScotsman View Post
I'm sorry to sound corny; but these stories you all are sharing really warm my heart. This car means so many things to people on such a deep and personal level. So many other cars out there have a lot of superficial connotations and meanings attached to them, but the Camaro really strikes a chord with folks.

Put very nicely. There's a lot of pride one can have in being an American, top that off with one of this country's best products and brands and it doesn't get much better than that.

^Truly unique but very classy color. That would be just as cool if you got your car painted the same color (expensive to do but might be worth it when you consider the sentimental value).

I have no doubt your kids will not only remember pop's Camaro, but they'll appreciate the memories and hopefully there will be a Camaro for them to have of their own one day in the future.
i agree with scotsman... i don't have any relatives with a camaro in their history, but my dad's best man had a 3rd gen camaro, and before that he had a 2nd genso i guess i'd be the only one in my family with one...
LS9CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:17 AM   #11
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
I've never seen my uncle's but he owned a 69 RS/SS. I don't know but I think it was a vert. Electric blue with black stripes, white leather interior.

I found this out after I had fallen in love with the 1st gen bodystyle.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:11 AM   #12
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Does an F-Body count???? My dad bought my stepmom a '76 400CI Trans-Am new from the floor. I lusted over that car for years. Finally owned it, 20+ years later.

That car is what made me decide "It's gonna be a '69 Camaro" when my dad owned a shop and said "you've been saving nearly every penny of your night shift convenience store income for over a year. I have a shop now, what do you want to build!?"

Look at my avatar. It was the proverbial "labor of love."

Yes, I know that was corny, but some things live up to those sayings. This car was DEFINITELY one of them. I STILL remember nearly every nut and bolt of that car and the build itself, some 15+ years later.

(Yes, I am old. )

EDIT: Dad also had a 60's vette with side-pipes - burnt my leg on it. My sister owned a big-block '69 'Vette also, I can still remember sitting in that thing as a 5 or 6-yr old getting the bejeezus scared out of me by the cam lope and the loud exhaust. Good Times!!
Old 03-27-2008, 04:08 AM   #13
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Well not a Camaro, but my dad owned several american cars in his youth. His last was a Plymouth Valiant that he had upgraded to a V8 and painted all in black with red vinyl clothing inside. Not the coolest of the rides he had once but the one I remember the most.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:34 AM   #14
darthknight72

Drives: 1983 trans am
My dad had a lot of Camaros.He had a 67 but got rid of it before i was born.He had a 91 Z28,93 Z28,95 Z28 and a 99 Trans Am.Unfortunately he didnt have any of these cars for very long.My dad is never happy with what he has.He buys a car and then 6 months later he wants something else.You should have seen him when he bought a Solstice last summer,suffice to say that car is gone now too.
darthknight72 is offline   Reply With Quote