Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-08-2014, 10:20 PM   #1
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
Noweeds pop

I know its a stupid question but those with Noweeds do you guys get a rumble pop during decceleration? Lets say if im cruising at 50 mph and i lay off the gas to slow down for a red light i get that pop coming from diverters. It doesnt bother me, i actually love it because it sounds like the race cars going into a turn. Would it be the same concept like my corsa catback when i do a non-cold start? My wife hates it, she says the car is going to blow up lol

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:40 PM   #2
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
Mine does it and I like it too. Actually, with headers and my NPP exhaust open it does it too. I believe it's caused by the reduction in back pressure caused by the deceleration. Not sure about the Corsa comparison even though I did have a Corsa car back on my C5 Corvette.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:58 PM   #3
revived
Vrrrm.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Completely normal, you can still hear the popping ( sounds like backfiring) when you close the cutouts aswell i dont like it myself but it sounds cool i guess.

You never noticed it? I could hear this even with full oem exhaust equipped

revived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:50 AM   #4
lbheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke736 View Post
Mine does it and I like it too. Actually, with headers and my NPP exhaust open it does it too. I believe it's caused by the reduction in back pressure caused by the deceleration. Not sure about the Corsa comparison even though I did have a Corsa car back on my C5 Corvette.
Damn i cant even imagine how crazy loud yours is with headers. When I have them 100% open, everything in the damn car shakes. I need to have my wife drive it and see how it sounds WOT or even cruising with 100% open.

Kenne Bell
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
Old 04-09-2014, 08:53 AM   #5
lbheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by revived View Post
Completely normal, you can still hear the popping ( sounds like backfiring) when you close the cutouts aswell i dont like it myself but it sounds cool i guess.

You never noticed it? I could hear this even with full oem exhaust equipped
I figured it was fine since it doesnt run rough or anything. I honestly never noticed the backfire, I guess since the diverters are right next to my ear I can hear it now. Too much loud music damaged my hearing!

Kenne Bell
Old 04-09-2014, 10:18 AM   #6
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
It is caused by the Deceleration Fuel Cut Off (DFCO) feature in the factory tuning. It is very common with pretty much any exhaust system that is more aggressive than stock. You can get rid of it with a tune.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:22 PM   #7
jeepguy_1980

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbheat View Post
Damn i cant even imagine how crazy loud yours is with headers. When I have them 100% open, everything in the damn car shakes. I need to have my wife drive it and see how it sounds WOT or even cruising with 100% open.
I've got headers and cats. I love my NOWEEDS. Just wish I never wasted money on the QTP cutouts.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote