Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 05-26-2013, 03:50 PM   #1
Slow SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (CGM)
Apex Scoop

I just recently purchased and as of today installed the Apex scoop and washer bottle relocation kit. I love the washer bottle set up but unfortunately I think Apex needs to create a scoop for those of us with ZL1 front ends. What should have only taken a little bit of time, took a long time and lots of cutting and adjusting only to get about half the air flow that a normal front end will get with this set up. I am very happy with this product and I LOVE Apex!!! But I hope you guys can create a scoop for customers like myself!!! Thanks for putting out great products and as always super fast shipping, Thank you Apex!!!
Old 05-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #2
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
That was something I always wondered with the scoop and ZL1 front end and you totally answered my question. I know some company makes a scoop called "The Big Gulp" or something like that for people who have a ZL1.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #3
Slow SS

Yeah I have heard of the Big Gulp (Roto Fab), it's a bit pricey in comparison to what Apex offers. Plus it has the brake duct that wouldn't do me much good at this point in time lol. I hope Apex will create another scoop so that people like myself can take advantage of that additional air flow. I would have taken pictures but its been getting hot here lately and I was not in the mood to take any longer than I already had hahaha.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:05 AM   #4
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow SS View Post
I just recently purchased and as of today installed the Apex scoop and washer bottle relocation kit. I love the washer bottle set up but unfortunately I think Apex needs to create a scoop for those of us with ZL1 front ends. What should have only taken a little bit of time, took a long time and lots of cutting and adjusting only to get about half the air flow that a normal front end will get with this set up. I am very happy with this product and I LOVE Apex!!! But I hope you guys can create a scoop for customers like myself!!! Thanks for putting out great products and as always super fast shipping, Thank you Apex!!!
Thanks for your order. Our scoop was designed and released for the SS and V6 before the Zl1 fascia was unleashed upon the Camaro world. We actually have a design that we call the "Gen 2 Apex scoop" that would work for all three and be more effective, we just haven't had the time to move forward with it.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:47 PM   #5
Slow SS

Let me know when you do Chase!! Thanks!
Old 05-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #6
tcalh1

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Thanks for your order. Our scoop was designed and released for the SS and V6 before the Zl1 fascia was unleashed upon the Camaro world. We actually have a design that we call the "Gen 2 Apex scoop" that would work for all three and be more effective, we just haven't had the time to move forward with it.
I'll be watching your post for this Gen 2 to be released.
tcalh1 is offline   Reply With Quote