Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery > Camaro Photoshops / Renderings Forum

Old 02-03-2009, 09:11 AM   #1
LDGn63

Drives: WNABEE
1stGen rally stripes on the 5thGen?

All 5thGen stripes I've seen emulate 2ndGen stripes…
Since the car more resembles the 1stGen can someone Pshop some 1stGen stripes front and rear… sorry if I missed them somewhere else… I did search.
yellow/black would be special! ;-)
Thanks!
LDGn63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:47 AM   #2
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDGn63 View Post
All 5thGen stripes I've seen emulate 2ndGen stripes…
Since the car more resembles the 1stGen can someone Pshop some 1stGen stripes front and rear… sorry if I missed them somewhere else… I did search.
yellow/black would be special! ;-)
Thanks!
I am not sure what you mean, is it because they end before going all the way to the end of the hood or trunk? is that the problem? I think those always looked unfinished, kind of like an afterthought, yes they started out that way but I always felt the later ones looked better.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:57 AM   #3
LDGn63

I, like you, want a bumblebee of my own.

the 1stGen stripes come out of the grille area solid and end (finished looking) just before the windshield. then they start after the rear window (finished looking) and run out solid into the trunk.
2ndGen run exactly opposite if you can visualize. they start (finished looking)on the front valence and run out solid under the back of the hood. then they run out from under the rear window solid and end on the spoiler (finished looking).

all this is based on pix i've seen.... i think its correct.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:01 PM   #4
LDGn63

vs.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:12 PM   #5
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDGn63 View Post
I, like you, want a bumblebee of my own.

the 1stGen stripes come out of the grille area solid and end (finished looking) just before the windshield. then they start after the rear window (finished looking) and run out solid into the trunk.
2ndGen run exactly opposite if you can visualize. they start (finished looking)on the front valence and run out solid under the back of the hood. then they run out from under the rear window solid and end on the spoiler (finished looking).

all this is based on pix i've seen.... i think its correct.
Thats what I thought you meant, Like I said I would rather see the later version like the ones they are putting on the 5th gen that what was on the 69, that sort of just ended at the edge of the grill and at the end of the trunk edge.... that is the first place you see when looking at the front or see the rear.. just my prefrences though.
I am sure you can find many stripe suppliers or body shops that will provide you with any style stripes you want on your 5th gen..
Old 02-03-2009, 04:29 PM   #6
LDGn63

"I am sure you can find many stripe suppliers or body shops that will provide you with any style stripes you want on your 5th gen.."

yea, i'm sure there will be many via aftermarket... i was just wanting a photoshop hint of what first gen stipes would look like. i BELIEVE i will like the 2ndGen better... but they GOTTA go past the hood!