Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-14-2013, 09:36 PM   #1
Tbar

Drives: Silver 2012 LFX
Passenger airbag off

If someone is in the passenger seat that light should not be on up by the dome light should it? What do I need to do?
Old 04-14-2013, 09:40 PM   #2
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Take it to the dealer....sounds like the seat switch is not working properly.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:44 PM   #3
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Depends. There are sensors in the seat that detect if they should be active or not. Was it a kid or a small female? I believe they will not activate at anything under 80lbs and sometimes won't if the person is small. My wife is around 110lbs 5'4" and when the car was new it only came on for her maybe half the time. After the seat broke in a bit it came on more often and now after 2+ yrs it comes on everytime for her.

If the person in that seat was smaller. You can test it yourself by climbing in the passenger seat and see if it switches on for you.

All that said. I wasn't really comfortable with it not being on with my wife sitting there. Here is one i did that seemed to help. Have a tad less recline as it seems to put more of their weight in the right spots of the seat bottom.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:46 PM   #4
Tbar

Drives: Silver 2012 LFX
My wife was in the seat, she's about 130 so it should go out. Guess I will take it in.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:15 PM   #5
Hitman84

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbar View Post
My wife was in the seat, she's about 130 so it should go out. Guess I will take it in.
just don't tell her you told a car forum her weight, you'll need the airbag for yourself!
Hitman84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:22 PM   #6
ReoRockStar

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT 45th AE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman84 View Post
just don't tell her you told a car forum her weight, you'll need the airbag for yourself!
Lol 🙊

~{Eat,Sleep,Drive}~
Old 04-15-2013, 06:46 AM   #7
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
this just happened to me the other day. driving down the road and noticed it said airbag off while my wife was sitting in the seat. i had her adjust her seat, and I think she also undid the seatbelt and it switched to airbag on. hasn't done it since, so maybe it has something to do with the seat position?
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:33 AM   #8
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbar View Post
Tbar,

Sorry to hear about your concern with the light, but it's good to see you're planning to take it to a dealership. I would like to follow the progress of the diagnosis and repair if you don't mind. Could you private message me your name, address, VIN number, the mileage, and name/location of the dealer so I can create a case file for you?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 04-15-2013, 12:08 PM   #9
TheGrey

Drives: 2012 Ashen Grey 1LT RS
I had the same issue. I had to take it to the dealership 4 times before it was finally fixed because they could not duplicate the problem. If you can get a video when it happens and document if you're driving on highway, local streets, speed, weather, etc. They ended up having to replace all of the seat sensors in the passenger seat. Definitely take it in and have it checked out.
TheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote