Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-04-2011, 04:04 PM   #141
johnbritt
Rincewind

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
There have been a few threads on here started by people who have had problems with their cars that were not handled or resolved to their satisfaction by their dealer. In some cases, these have been escalated (thanks in part to this forum and its members) to GM and are in the process of being addressed. In some cases, people have been bashing GM, their dealers, the Camaro, etc.

I realized that many people don't know the options that are available to them when it comes to getting issues like this addressed. So I felt I would outline what should be done in these cases. Please note, these are for issues that have not been handled appropriately or to your satisfaction by your dealer. Don't contact GM if you haven't gone to your dealer first and at least given them a chance to address the problem.

The first step should always be to take the car back to your dealer. Give the dealer a chance to address the issue. [This is where having a reliable dealer and having a good relationship with them comes in handy, but I digress.] Personally, I would recommend documenting this process for yourself just in case it does need to be escalated later.

If your issue hasn't been resolved to your satisfaction and you feel that the dealer is not being helpful, you should contact GM's Customer Assistance Group at 1-800-508-3060. This number has been established exactly for cases like this. They are there to assist you in getting a resolution to your problem.

If you feel further escalation is necessary, PM me.

Don't bash GM if you haven't taken the proper steps to make sure that your issue has been resolved. I hope this helps anyone who may be experiencing issues.

NOTE: If you have contacted or state you are going to contact a lawyer my ability to assist you will be limited. I know some people get frustrated with dealing with these issues and I don't blame them. In fact, I completely understand. I just want to be upfront and honest with what I can and can't help with.
Hi,

Just wondering where do you stand if you live in the United Kingdom?

Many Thanks John.
johnbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:13 PM   #142
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbritt View Post
Hi,

Many Thanks John.
John,

Not 100% sure. Let me check and I will post a response back in here.

Pete
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:08 AM   #143
gmdudeinna

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Allison View Post
This is the worst car buying experience I have ever had. I was all excited about my new rod until 3800 miles came along and the leader lines to the transmission broke leaking all the transmission fluid from my car. Now the car is slipping and the GM field rep Gordon Heist, the service manager Mike at Hampton Chevy, and Executive GM Krystal Hernandez give me no resolution. Needless to say, President Mark Ruess is an untouchable. Mr. Ruess, why wont you communicate with your unhappy customers? I got an email from a production person from Canada..the word is because there is a part shortage. They have even had to cut a shift on the line because of parts shortages. They'd rather keep the line going than deal with current sold problems. Face it, he already has our money. I tell you im so over this car issue. Hampton Chevy where I bought it even asked me to take it to another dealer...lol He's tired of me on his door step and Im just tired of the issues and the car at this point. Im not a shy person and have advertised this to every person I know in Hampton Roads. Im even looking into putting a billboard up on I64 next to Newport News airport exit. Featuring my Victory Red Camaro behind a big bright yellow lemon.
Thanks for letting me vent!!
Michelle Allison
Hey Michelle this is Mark Reuss (not Ruess ha ha)-- I read your post--I help a lot of customers every day--I am not untouchable-- nor am I a guy who does not make mistakes either-- I human . Anyway I was wondering if you could give me the part number of the issue or something so we can do something to help? Yes it is me so just respond to the message--thanks mark
gmdudeinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:32 PM   #144
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbritt View Post
Hi,

Many Thanks John.
Quote:
John,

Not 100% sure. Let me check and I will post a response back in here.

Pete
John,

Call the 800 number listed in the first post and tell them when they answer that you are in the UK. They should be able to handle it from there. If you have any problems, let me know.

Good luck.

Pete
Old 01-05-2011, 04:00 PM   #145
Michelle Allison
mlallison61266

Drives: Camaro 2010 LT 6V
Send a message via Yahoo to Michelle Allison
Dear Mr Reuss:

Thank you for your response, I do understand that you are a very busy man so I do appreciate you responding and hopefully helping me with my Camaro situation. I purchased my 2010 Camaro V6 Victory Red LT in Sepetember 2010 (2G1FB1EV0A9225453). At 3917 miles, the transmission fluid cooler intake pipe broke. This leaked all the transmission fluid from my car. I called OnStar to get a diagnostic on the car because no warning lights came on to indicate a problem. OnStar said all systems were functioning at that time. I drove the car to my sisters house where I had my brother in law to look at it. He said it was transmission fluid that was coming out of the car...I'm use to transmission fluid being red so I thought it was just where I has the A/C running. I could hardly get the car in reverse to get it home. The next morining, I took the car to the dealer. The car wouldn't hardly move pressing the gas to the floor by the time I got it there. The dealer did replace the in take pipe. However, the care didnt run the same when I picked it up. The transmission was slipping at times. Needless to say, I took the car back to Hampton Chevrolet. The service manager Mike and I went on a test ride. It did slip once while we were on the highway and I asked him if he felt that and hear it. He replied, "I'm a little hard of hearing and what I felt was normal shifting." I was livid, why does someone hard of hearing go on a test ride. I then took the car back again, Gordon Heist a GM field rep test drove it without me and said he couldnt find a problem. I checked the mileage and I couldn't tell where the car had been driven. The Mr. Heist came out with someone from RK Chevrolet in Va Beach, we went on a test ride and Mr. Heist said there was nothing wrong with the way the car was shifting. I asked them both the same question I asked Mike. What happens to a transmission that has been running with no transmission fluid. I still have not gotten a straight answer to that question yet. All I want is a new transmission in the car. I do not think that is an unreasonable request for what has happened to the car. I'm not asking for a new car, or my money back. I love my Camaro. This is not the first Camaro I've owned. I have been a Chevy girl all my life. I have had vettes, camaro's, lumina's, corsica's. I have take it in again, and they checked for transmission updates for improved shifting. Since then a new set of problems have occured. The panel dash lights go black, a grinding noise when u first start it in the morning, the trunk popped open once while driving, a noise is now coming from the brakes, and it sounds like a pop when the brakes are applied like something is wrong with the suspension. I have spent almost every other Saturday at the dealer. I was told by Mr Lewis owner of Hampton Motor Corp to take it to another dealer. I asked for the computer read out for the problem codes and that has never happened. I took the car to Casey Chevrolet, and Rick the service manager did show me that the problem codes could be printed but the computer on my car had already been reset by Mr Heist your field rep. Mr. Reuss, I have a burning smell as well coming from the car which I expect is from the transmission. I haven't had a mechanic yet check for metals in the transmission fluid. These are some of the problems I've encountered so far. So, what can we do now? Mr Heist refuses to replace my transmission. So where do we go from here?

Thank You in adavance for your response!!!
Michelle Allison
Michelle Allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:05 PM   #146
gmdudeinna

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Michelle-- I will take all the info back to work tomorrow and get on it--thanks for the info--mark
gmdudeinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:39 PM   #147
Michelle Allison
mlallison61266

Drives: Camaro 2010 LT 6V
Send a message via Yahoo to Michelle Allison
Mark:

Thank you so much for your help. If you need any of my dealer/service papers. I'd be glad to fax them to you. If you need to speak with me about anything concering the car please feel free to call me 24/7 at 757 342-2997.

Thanks Again,
Michelle Allison
Michelle Allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:41 AM   #148
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Going to send off a couple emails before posting here...see what can be done.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 01:35 AM   #149
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Got one issue resolved. The other...well, the door was not put on right at the plant. So...figured that one out too. I'm good.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 02:22 PM   #150
texcraig

Drives: 2011 2LT RS White/Orng Strip
Many Problems

Wow, lots of problems out there! I got my 2011 Wht/Org 2lt rs a month ago. So far no issues, but you all make me nervous with the things I have read. I love the car, hope it stays that way.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:47 AM   #151
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Quote:
Originally Posted by texcraig View Post
Wow, lots of problems out there! I got my 2011 Wht/Org 2lt rs a month ago. So far no issues, but you all make me nervous with the things I have read. I love the car, hope it stays that way.
Congrats on the car. Don't be nervous. There are lots of very happy Camaro owners with no issues.
Old 03-13-2011, 02:19 PM   #152
Inferno

Drives: Z06
So Pete what are the criteria for helping customers?
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 04:29 PM   #153
Toyaholic
It's a sickness!

Drives: '69 442 Vert
Quote:
Guys, I am not trying to argue with you here. I was simply doing two things: pointing out that Toyaholic's story isn't as one-sided as it is painted out here to be and warning people to be smart about making changes to their cars. That's it.
Pete... I know it's your job to protect GM, but please try to understand that documents after the contract are not part of the agreement. The agreement I have between GM and me says I will buy the truck and they will provide a 100,000 mile warranty. That's it!

ISSUE UPDATE:
I paid the service dept. to change the front diff fluid, because I suspected it was not fully engaging. I had that experience with the SS's throwout slave cylinder and GM fixed it after 4 or 5 phone calls and 3 trips to the service department.

We got an ice storm in Atlanta and I had to use the 4WD in an emergency situation. WOW, the fluid change loosened up the actuator and the 4wd runs perfect. I have run in 4wd several times since with no issues. I mentioned this possibility to both GM shops, but it was ignored. The actuator (or whatever it's really called) could in NO way have been effected by a lift.

Let GM know I would be willing go into mediation to determine the status of the remaining drivetrain warranty. Either you or I can post their response on this forum, I'm betting some of our fellow C5'ers would be interested in what to expect from GM.
Toyaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:53 PM   #154
Inferno

Drives: Z06
No comments on my post camaropete??????
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote