Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-12-2010, 07:45 PM   #1
Not Paid 4

Drives: The Wheels of this BEAST...
Location: You must be Young and Stupid before you become Old and Wise, Canton Georgia
***Update**** on XM JUST CHARGED ME $753.85

I hope you don't mind I started another thread, I wanted all to read what happen today...

XM's office opened at 8AM, so I called. Got some female (who almost spoke English). I couldn't tell you her name even though I asked for it twice. Oh ya, I waited 25 minutes because the call volume was heavy AT 8AM.... But I digress. I didn't have my Radio ID number on me, ( I was at work) so I gave her my Name, Address, phone number and she still could not find my account. After spelling my name Twice she found it. She told me I ordered an upgrade to all the XM cannels and Sirius for 4 years. I..with poise and class told her I did not order anything and that your company took it upon themself to add this to my subscription. Well after holding for another 10 minutes she came back and told me that she can refund my money if I buy a years worth of service and they would refund the difference,OR I could cancel and they would refund all of the $753.85. I asked her if I could get the employee number of who charged my card, and in mid sentenceTHE PHONE DISCONNECTED...... Color me suprised. 40 minutes wasted.

I got home And called again, A male with an accent got my call and when I said I had a problem with my subscription THE PHONE DISCONNECTED.... (do you see a pattern?)

The Third call of the day was another female with...you got it, an accent. This time she was very helpful. She found my information right away and said this is way beyond what she can handle let me get my supervisor. FINALLY.... As I waited for a supervisor it sounded like a sweat shop, There was screaming in the backround, she had to put on mute three times during our conversation so I could not hear what was going on. The Supervisor said she would reimburse me in 7 to 10 business days, but I would have to cancel my subscription, make a long story short, she sent me to another heavily accented female and canceled my radio number.

So now I wait 7 to 10 days to see if they are capable of keeping their word. OH, by the way went out to the Camaro 10 minutes ago and the XM was still working in the car........
Old 05-12-2010, 07:51 PM   #2
Ronn

Drives: 2010 Camaro
That's brutal. Are they going to send you a cheque or refund your card?

It's a high school prom, it's a Springsteen song, it's a ride in a Chevrolet...
Ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:53 PM   #3
masterofpuppets
Pulling your strings

Drives: My girlfriend crazy with car talk
That's pretty bogus right there. If they STOLE that much of my money I'd be getting them to overnight me a check.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:00 PM   #4
Not Paid 4

Drives: The Wheels of this BEAST...
Location: You must be Young and Stupid before you become Old and Wise, Canton Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
That's brutal. Are they going to send you a cheque or refund your card?
Refund the card, which will be closed in 7 to 10 days
Old 05-12-2010, 08:05 PM   #5
Ronn

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Paid 4 View Post
Refund the card, which will be closed in 7 to 10 days
I don't blame you for cancelling that card!

It's a high school prom, it's a Springsteen song, it's a ride in a Chevrolet...
Ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:07 PM   #6
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
knowing this now makes me want to never do business with XM/Sirius... when i call a company who is providing service in this country, they better be from the same country and even more, the same state...

i'd like to know how GM feels about giving XM/Sirius your info and them charging you when you didn't authorize it..
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:10 PM   #7
MSG'

Drives: 2010 1SS Camaro
that sounds like bullshit to me, its 2010, they can refund your card immediately
MSG' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:14 PM   #8
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
i read your original post.i was wondering what happened.be sure and let us know how this story ends.i am very interested in knowing.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:20 PM   #9
thiggin2

Drives: 05/07 Chevy's
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG' View Post
that sounds like bullshit to me, its 2010, they can refund your card immediately
I agree to that statement. I can't stand it when it takes DAYS to receive your money back but it takes SECONDS for them to get their money . At work if my payday falls on a weekend or holiday we don't get paid till the next working day. Now correct me if I'm wrong but do the computers take time off?????

But anyways yea I hate XM and the things they do.
thiggin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:27 PM   #10
stikSS
9691 & 97586

Drives: 2010 SS, 1999 SS, 1993 Z28
Good luck.... May wanna throw the "lawyer" word at em
stikSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:55 PM   #11
grubber

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM CAMARO
I am a GM employee and I am entitled to a GM Insider discount which is basically $9.99 a month which does not expire, which I had on my XM radio for 2009 I just got my credit card bill and they charged me the full amount of $187.00 for 2010. I called XM and they said they would not give me my GM discount.
I will have to get a hold of some higher up in GM and file a complaint.

I think GM should switch to Sirius up here in Canada.

I wonder if Sirius can give me service on a XM receiver??
grubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:00 PM   #12
thiggin2

Drives: 05/07 Chevy's
Quote:
Originally Posted by grubber View Post
I am a GM employee and I am entitled to a GM Insider discount which is basically $9.99 a month which does not expire, which I had on my XM radio for 2009 I just got my credit card bill and they charged me the full amount of $187.00 for 2010. I called XM and they said they would not give me my GM discount.
I will have to get a hold of some higher up in GM and file a complaint.

I think GM should switch to Sirius up here in Canada.

I wonder if Sirius can give me service on a XM receiver??
Well the sad thing is XM and Sirius are the same company :(.

As for the getting Sirius channels, you can only get the "Best of" Sirius on your XM receiver.

I would NEVER give them my debit or credit info. I would only give them one of those fill as you go cards .
thiggin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:06 PM   #13
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
I would not have tolerated the 7-10 day time frame for the refund, that's bull. They seem to be able to charge you instantly. I would have demanded no more than 3 days, afterall it wasn't your mistake .
Good Luck, and keep on top of them, don't take any excuses AT ALL past the 10th day.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:16 PM   #14
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
I've never delt with XM until i bought my camaro... I'll def keep an eye out for anything odd or what not. Hopefully it was just a major mistake or something.