Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-24-2013, 09:15 AM   #43
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo White View Post
UPS done as requested.
Awesome! Now get those parts installed and let us know what you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro500 View Post
Nice parts bo white! I think all will be great with the inserts. Should have them friday. Thank you BMR for the great service.
I think you will be fine and if/when you decide to make a some more power you can always upgrade to our BMR full rear cradle bushings (BK024) and sell the inserts here on the forums. If there is anything we can help you out with let us know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast6.3 View Post
On a non lowered car do you still need the eccentric bolts for the alignment. I got the pedders insert and pfadt trailing arms toe rods zl1 sways and upper control arm bushings curious about the eccentric bolts
On a non-lowered car there is no need to get the aftermarket eccentric bolts because there will be ample amounts of adjustment from the factory hardware to be able to get the alignment specs you are looking for.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:54 AM   #44
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
Glad craddle incerts are working out. I was debating on those or full bushings as I alot x alot. Dont want it to firm on bumps or noise, if any so think incerts will do for me. Pedders for sure but I hear Whiteline are just as good and not squishy, and cheaper
I think ultimately a full bush would be the best but IMO it's all about what fits in your budget. Full bush is going to cost more and is much more of an install (higher labor cost if you don't do them). I haven't had any issues with inserts so far. They've worked for me but I only do about 2 or 3 Auto-X a year and 4 - 5 drag strip days. One day I'll probably do a full bush but I have other places to spend my mod money right now.

You can always go with an insert and if they don't work out you can sell them and get a full bushing.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal

Last edited by caverman; 10-24-2013 at 11:14 AM.
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #45
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
I think ultimately a full bush would be the best but IMO it's all about what fits in your budget. Full bush is going to cost more and is much more of an install (higher labor cost if you don't do them). I haven't had any issues with inserts so far. They've worked for me but I only do about 2 or 3 Auto-X a year and 4 - 5 drag strip days. One day I'll probably do a full bush but I have other places to spend my mod money right now.

You can always go with an insert and if they don't work out you can sell them and get a full bushing.
Thanks.My shop says same.At 420 hp incerts fine,but not decided yet. Probably doing XA coilovers or Pfadts. Unless I bite on a deal on supercars
VR Baron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #46
camaro500

Drives: 2017 Jaguar F Type R Tuned 498awhp
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
Thanks.My shop says same.At 420 hp incerts fine,but not decided yet. Probably doing XA coilovers or Pfadts. Unless I bite on a deal on supercars
I was told the same thing. Unless you are racing, you do not need full inserts for street use, even with 500-550 whp. Coil overs make a big difference coupled with suspension bushings. Its all about what you are doing
camaro500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:31 PM   #47
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
I can feel the rear flex at 570 so maybe 550 is the break over point.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:08 PM   #48
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro500 View Post
I was told the same thing. Unless you are racing, you do not need full inserts for street use, even with 500-550 whp. Coil overs make a big difference coupled with suspension bushings. Its all about what you are doing
Yeah I do auto x and push it, but incerts should be fine. However If I do an S/C, THATS ANOTHER MATTER..LOL
VR Baron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:16 PM   #49
camaro500

Xa coilovers are def something I will pm pedders for this spring.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:01 PM   #50
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo White View Post
I can feel the rear flex at 570 so maybe 550 is the break over point.
Pedders says their inserts are good up to about 500 rwhp.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:43 PM   #51
camaro500

Got the inserts from bmr. just waiting upon my pfadt trailing arm package. Will install next weekend and let you guys know how it performs.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #52
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Any updates? Thinking about inserts or full bushings with self install.
wakespeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:57 PM   #53
smokum

Drives: 2010 2ssrs
Adm performance has a great deal on the billet subframe bushings.
smokum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:40 AM   #54
tanur420

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Does that socket method for changing bushings work for solid mounts? Or just for inserts?
Old 12-16-2013, 01:32 PM   #55
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakespeak View Post
Any updates? Thinking about inserts or full bushings with self install.
Both the rear cradle inserts or full rear cradle bushings can be a very good option, it just really depends on what your plans are with the car and what kind of power you are going to be making. What are your plans for your vehicle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanur420 View Post
Does that socket method for changing bushings work for solid mounts? Or just for inserts?
The sockets method really only works when you need to remove the entire factory rear cradle bushings from the rear cradle so the only time it would really work was if you were actually replacing the entire bushings. The inserts are super easy and you just need to lower the rear cradle enough to slide them in.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:51 PM   #56
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Both the rear cradle inserts or full rear cradle bushings can be a very good option, it just really depends on what your plans are with the car and what kind of power you are going to be making. What are your plans for your vehicle?

The sockets method really only works when you need to remove the entire factory rear cradle bushings from the rear cradle so the only time it would really work was if you were actually replacing the entire bushings. The inserts are super easy and you just need to lower the rear cradle enough to slide them in.
I want to firm up handling for HPDE style track days. I also want to eliminate the axle walk on hard acceleration. I may do some minor bolt ons but nothing more than CAI and Headers. I don't intend to drag race the car.
wakespeak is offline   Reply With Quote