Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-21-2009, 09:27 PM   #1
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Is anyone else getting a little annoyed by the constant attention?

I got my black 2SS/RS last Wednesday 6/17 and as of today 6/21 I have 334 miles on it already. I absolutely love the car and the attention the car gets was really neat... for a couple of days. It's starting to get a little annoying as I can't stop anywhere without someone asking me 100 questions. I put gas in it for the first time yesterday and I had a group of 8 people gathered around the car asking me questions. There were 2 guys getting gas at another station across the street that left their car at the pump and walked over to talk to me.

On Friday we went to dinner and when we left the restaurant there was 5 people checking out the car, at the grocery store yesterday we could barely make it into the store. Even people at traffic lights ask me to roll down the window so they can talk to me.

It's cool that the car gets so much attention but I've had to clean my windows 3 times and I can't even count how many times I've had to clean finger prints off of the car because the black paint shows everything. Yesterday when we came out of the grocery store there was a guy looking in the drivers window while shading his eyes, hand prints all over the window again. This guy had a belt buckle the size of a hub cap and I was afraid to look at the door for fear he scratched the car with his belt buckle! The positive comments and questions are great, but what do you say to people that feel compelled to tell you what they don't like about your car? I had a guy yesterday that said it looked to much like a Dodge for his taste...what should I have said to that comment??

How long do you think this attention will last? I suppose in another 6 months there will be a lot of Camaro's on the road and it will subside so I probably have no right to complain. I really had no idea the car would get this kind of attention, it's certainly not something most of us are used to.

Anyone else starting to get annoyed by the attention?

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:32 PM   #2
DarricSS

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
I want that! I have a case of ROCKSTAR energy drinks to pass out so i don't have to answer any questions...

"NO questions right now...sorry, here take this"

What you are getting now will probably wear off by the end of the year when dealers start getting an inventory and you see them all the time like the Rustang...

Enjoy it while it last...will be good memories later on down the road!
Old 06-21-2009, 09:32 PM   #3
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
It is kinda annoying sometimes, but I am enjoying it right now, cause next summer I will just be another Camaro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:36 PM   #4
Teleplayer

Drives: 92 Bonnie SSEI - 2010 GT Soon
The problem is the color you got. If you got ABM then it would be all chicks and you wouldn't be complaining.
Teleplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:39 PM   #5
DarricSS

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleplayer View Post
The problem is the color you got. If you got ABM then it would be all chicks and you wouldn't be complaining.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:39 PM   #6
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
You know its notariety, yet you complain. Next time, leave it in the garage and take the Denali..
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:40 PM   #7
92zrunner

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS
ABM...I've heard a rumor that girls do love that color

2010 1SS/RS 6spd Manual, ABM w/ white rallys
92zrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:40 PM   #8
bluecamaroguy

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS ABM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleplayer View Post
I better get my car before this wears off then!!
bluecamaroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:40 PM   #9
Lauryn200
I Pity The Fool

Drives: Jeep Wrangler '06 & VW GTI 09
Stop washing the car...if it's dirty you probably won't have so many people pressing up against the car or windows.

Sorry to say with Transformers coming out Wed..it's only the beginning..good luck....
Lauryn200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:50 PM   #10
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
your a celebrity dude!
Old 06-21-2009, 10:04 PM   #11
7CAMARO7

Drives: Slow 4th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Hunsaker View Post
The positive comments and questions are great, but what do you say to people that feel compelled to tell you what they don't like about your car? I had a guy yesterday that said it looked to much like a Dodge for his taste...what should I have said to that comment??
How long do you think this attention will last?
Russ
I just smile at the good compliments I get and when someone doesn't like something I'd say something like I don't like it either while smiling, or simply say "yea" and get in my car and drive away. This is with my 4th gen lol

once the sales start to kick up, you'll be better off.

7CAMARO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:09 PM   #12
bluch
OH CANADA!

Drives: 2011 RAM 1500 LARAMIE
I WANT MY CAR!!!!!! ARGGGG!!! This attention will not bother me a bit...unless i am late and have no time to sit there and talk. but other than that, i will be excited to talk to someone who is interested....its like being a roaming salesman for GM.....i want some commission!!

Had to trade in the Camaro for a truck :(, but hopefully I can join the Camaro family again one day
bluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:10 PM   #13
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
I don't think it will wear off as fast as people are saying it will. I am actually goin to make a sign that will say, 'I know you like it, but I don't like your finger prints - THANX'... LoLz...

As far as negative responses go, just ask the person who has something negative to say, "what do you drive?". I'm sure it will shut 'em up.

I don't believe there will be as many CAMAROs as people say their will be. It will maintain ROCKSTAR status for another whole year or maybe 2...

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:10 PM   #14
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Its your 15 minutes of fame Enjoy it!! It will go away soon.