Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-11-2012, 08:15 AM   #29
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xedes View Post
After getting the time to detail my car this past week I found 2 sags/runs in the paint. About 4 areas of dirt underneath the paint and 4 paint craters. I took it to the dealership that I purchased it from who didn't seem too concerned about my concerns plus they said I would need to eat the cost of my aftermarket stripes if they were to repair it. I guess I would be fine with that but their whole attitude was really disappointing to me.

I'll be honest with you guys, I was looking forward to buying the new C7 when it gets released and my wife wants the new caddy cts coupe but after the BS from the dealership that I bought the camaro from, a Porsche and Lexus might be in our future instead. :-(
: I apologize for the dissatisfaction you are experiencing with your dealership. I can give them a call to see if there are any other options available to you. Just let me know! I would need your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage and involved dealership.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 07-11-2012, 09:09 AM   #30
Xedes

Drives: 2011 Black RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
: I apologize for the dissatisfaction you are experiencing with your dealership. I can give them a call to see if there are any other options available to you. Just let me know! I would need your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage and involved dealership.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Thanks but they pretty much told me if I got customer service involved they wouldn't do anything for me when it comes to repairing my car.
Xedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:25 PM   #31
dimitri

Drives: 06 M5/04 350Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xedes View Post
Thanks but they pretty much told me if I got customer service involved they wouldn't do anything for me when it comes to repairing my car.
Dude f that dealer
U are customer and your satisfaction should be job 1.
dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:30 PM   #32
Xedes

Drives: 2011 Black RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
Dude f that dealer
U are customer and your satisfaction should be job 1.
I wish this was the case but it's not. The fact is that I have limited free time due to job and family. They are getting the upper hand by jerking me around and wasting what little free time I do have. I went to a different dealership and they started out great but fizzled because they are taking special care of the people that actually bought their cars from their dealership. Which is fine but I've now been waiting for three weeks to get my differential fixed because they don't have a loaner for me to use but " they'll let me know as soon as one becomes available" (they actually have 4-5 loaner cars just none for me anytime soon). This whole scenario has me feeling like an abused/neglected orphan.
Xedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:50 PM   #33
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Not sure about all of that. The regional rep will be more than happy to address any issues you have. It is a specialty car, and Chevy will go out of their way to solve any issues you have.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:34 AM   #34
BrazenBeast
ZL1 #1745

Drives: 2006 Pontiac GTO \ 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Before you wet-sand!!!

It may not be 'dirt' in the clear as you would normally associate with paint finishes!

Have you 'clay-barred' your new Camaro?

Keep in mind that most Camaros are rail-car'd into the U.S. - meaning that they pick up a LOT of rail-dust. Washing alone will not remove rail dust.

Before you wet-sand, may I suggest that you use Zaino or Adams or Meguiars -- but make sure you wash the car completely with Dawn Dishwashing liquid (will remove all polish) - and then clay bar the finish (instructions are included with the clay bar and then follow up with the polishing instructions with the product you've chosen. You will be amazed at the stuff that comes off the surface of the finish......

I'm partial to Zaino only because I've used it for many years and have been very happy with the results - esp. the durability of the polishes.
This is good advice. Mine had spots in the clear on one fender that had been resprayed at factory for some reason. I claybarred it and it removed the spots and roughness in the paint surface. It still had light scratching from the repaint but I would rather deal with them than remove the factory paint or risk the dealer attempting painting a black car.
2012 zl1 Black #1745 Black Wheels ECF Suede 6 spd

BrazenBeast is offline   Reply With Quote