Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-15-2010, 10:12 AM   #1
Blue Maro Demon

Drives: 2010 AQUA BLUE CAMARO RS
Uggggh More Problems with my car! =( Windshield problem

I just noticed earlier this week that I have 2 maybe 3 little tiny nicks in my windshield. Only one is barely visible on the outside of the car if you know where to look and when the sun hits it. I'm clueless as to how this happened because I have never seen any rocks or anything ever hit the windshield of my car before some im not sure how it happened especially when I only have barely over 2000 miles on the car. I'm not sure what im going to do now they are like very very small little circles nicked into it. Two are right across from eachother and then another one sort of at the top of the drivers side and thats the one you cant see really. For this to be a new car I sure have had alot of problems with it first I had to get a leak fixed in the window seal when it was raining a small puddle would get behind the floor board of the drivers side back floor area and now this. Has anyone else had any issues with their windshields too?
Blue Maro Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:28 AM   #2
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
only problem i have had is glue from the dealer on my back window.. but maybe your dealer can work something out with you to fix them?
Old 09-15-2010, 10:30 AM   #3
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Anyone cutting grass near work or home?
Old 09-15-2010, 10:33 AM   #4
Blue Maro Demon

There is a guy that cuts my next door neighbors grass sometimes but he's never really very close to my car while he does it. And we have mowed our yard a few times while it was out in the driveway but most of the time the car stays in the garage.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:38 AM   #5
scythezo6
Virologist in the making

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Maro Demon View Post
I just noticed earlier this week that I have 2 maybe 3 little tiny nicks in my windshield. Only one is barely visible on the outside of the car if you know where to look and when the sun hits it. I'm clueless as to how this happened because I have never seen any rocks or anything ever hit the windshield of my car before some im not sure how it happened especially when I only have barely over 2000 miles on the car. I'm not sure what im going to do now they are like very very small little circles nicked into it. Two are right across from eachother and then another one sort of at the top of the drivers side and thats the one you cant see really. For this to be a new car I sure have had alot of problems with it first I had to get a leak fixed in the window seal when it was raining a small puddle would get behind the floor board of the drivers side back floor area and now this. Has anyone else had any issues with their windshields too?
Dude that doesnt even sound like something you should be sweating about. This is a car meant to be driven and potentially take damage. You're not driving a gold bar on wheels around. When things happen just take a breath and say to yourself "Its just a car." Id hate to see how you react when your car gets a real battle scar like paint chips.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:46 AM   #6
Blue Maro Demon

Quote:
Originally Posted by scythezo6 View Post
Dude that doesnt even sound like something you should be sweating about. This is a car meant to be driven and potentially take damage. You're not driving a gold bar on wheels around. When things happen just take a breath and say to yourself "Its just a car." Id hate to see how you react when your car gets a real battle scar like paint chips.
Yeah I know it's just that i'm trying to take care of it because I love the looks of this car and its fun to drive. And it doesn't hurt that its the only new Camaro color to be discontinued.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:36 AM   #7
ga0358

Drives: 2010 ABM LS
Quote:
Yeah I know it's just that i'm trying to take care of it because I love the looks of this car and its fun to drive. And it doesn't hurt that its the only new Camaro color to be discontinued.

I feel ya man, since this is such a rare color, I tend to baby the heck out of mine, almost to the point of being anal, I even carry a micro mesh towel and duster with me. BUT I realize that it is a daily driver and will get dings and dents- I just plan on taking her to the dent remover every six months and touch up what scratches and dings I find when I wash her. That's all ya can do...
ga0358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:35 PM   #8
Blue Maro Demon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga0358 View Post
I feel ya man, since this is such a rare color, I tend to baby the heck out of mine, almost to the point of being anal, I even carry a micro mesh towel and duster with me. BUT I realize that it is a daily driver and will get dings and dents- I just plan on taking her to the dent remover every six months and touch up what scratches and dings I find when I wash her. That's all ya can do...
Thats true I guess it is about all you can do. Im the same way with my car and go out of my way to park it far out hoping no one parks near it! Nice Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro you have there!
Old 09-15-2010, 12:55 PM   #9
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
First of all, if you had gotten a CAMARO rather than whatever this "maro" is...

I'd ask the mods to change the name for you
Old 09-15-2010, 12:57 PM   #10
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Contact your insurance company. If the chips are small, they can be repaired, probably at no cost to you, and if the windshield has to be replaced, then you only pay the deductible.

I contacted my company and Lynx services took over and Safelite is coming to my house tomorrow to repair the glass. My windshield has two chips, one in the shaded visor near the top, and one at line of sight level but five or so inches to the right of my line of sight....

There are govenrment regulations that determine if the glass has to be replaced or can be repaired. Both of my chips can be covered with a dime so it shouldn't be an issue, but you never know.... It's easy and painless to have the work done....

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:00 PM   #11
scythezo6
Virologist in the making

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS LS3
Quote:
I hear that. The day I got my first paint chip I went ballistic. I was pacing around my backyard cursing up a storm. But then I just got some touch up paint and filled it in and now I just look at it differently. If I were you I would save for some clear bra. Put it on the entire front facia. I have 1 or 2 small flecks on my hood about 1/3 of the way up so maybe you can cover the entire hood too. I would also clear bra around the gills because EVERYONE has rock chips there. At least these chips you speak of are on the windshield, I think if they are small enough they can be filled in.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:52 PM   #12
melody301
NY Football Giants YAY!!!

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
First of all, if you had gotten a CAMARO rather than whatever this "maro" is...

I'd ask the mods to change the name for you
I was using the term "Maro" too as somebody ever so kindly told me that term is like an infectious disease on the forum. I didn't know but I never used it again. Just curious, what's with the the term that makes it off limits here?
Old 09-15-2010, 01:58 PM   #13
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by melody301 View Post
I was using the term "Maro" too as somebody ever so kindly told me that term is like an infectious disease on the forum. I didn't know but I never used it again. Just curious, what's with the the term that makes it off limits here?
Maro - A shortcut for a word describing a car that takes no short cuts.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:15 PM   #14
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Darlin', that ain't a problem, that's a rite of passage.

LOVE, LOVE the aqua blue - almost won out over black for me, but my first car was a blue Camaro so thought I'd get something different.