Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 08-16-2009, 02:07 PM   #1
householter

Drives: 2010 camaro 2
noisy rear axle joints

Has anyone else knocked out the outer cv joints yet? Mine started getting noisy (clunk) at 2000 miles GM replaced under warranty.... see how long they last! Apparently they have had a couple of m/t break trans output shafts etc! Mine is the first a/t they have had trouble with maybe I drive too hard???! I am a GM tech.
householter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:45 PM   #2
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
there were some issues with the bearing races IIRC in the cv joints on the half shafts
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:04 PM   #3
Bmble_B

Drives: 2SS Rally Yellow LS3/Maggie
Quote:
Originally Posted by householter View Post
Has anyone else knocked out the outer cv joints yet? Mine started getting noisy (clunk) at 2000 miles GM replaced under warranty.... see how long they last! Apparently they have had a couple of m/t break trans output shafts etc! Mine is the first a/t they have had trouble with maybe I drive too hard???! I am a GM tech.
Is it like a "clink" when you first take off? Mine just started making a "clinking noise similar to a bad u-joint when taking off. wouldn't you know it, it started the night i finished putting on the Maggie! just my luck.......
Bmble_B is offline   Reply With Quote