Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 08-28-2014, 11:58 PM   #7015
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I'm not very impressed right now. I know on 5th gens for an oil pump to be replaced is lower the oil pan but they said you will not have a good seal. I will be talking with them tomorrow. Eventually I want to go supercharged but I may be going to a different shop if this continues to go south. I have told them some of the thing that I have learned from this site as far as replacing oil pump and he said the guys you talk to are backyard mechanics...that kind of pissed me off because there so many people in here that are very knowledgeable.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 12:11 AM   #7016
DKT

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
That's the first.. Backyard mechanics haha. Well I guess in some cases back yard mechanics get it right the first time.

If you need anything let us know. We would be glad to help!
We did just release our twin turbo kit.

Are you going to the Ice Cream Cruise track day and car show September 6th at mid America motoplex?
DKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 12:43 AM   #7017
rberns

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKT View Post
That's the first.. Backyard mechanics haha. Well I guess in some cases back yard mechanics get it right the first time.

If you need anything let us know. We would be glad to help!
We did just release our twin turbo kit.

Are you going to the Ice Cream Cruise track day and car show September 6th at mid America motoplex?
Not sure where that's at but I was planning on going to the United Way Car Show here in CR that day.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Old 08-29-2014, 11:55 AM   #7018
rberns

They called back today and offered to split the shipping 50/50 which sounds fine to me. They took it for a few test rides and couldn't find what I had experienced. When I had my Solo performance HFC installed my tunnel brace was shimmed to keep exhaust from rattling so they went ahead a fixed that now that I am running long tubes. Planning on trailering it back today. Sounds fair to me.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:42 AM   #7019
white1LE

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Hope the car is home safe and sound!
white1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:52 AM   #7020
RyanR3KC
"1/LE Rebel Alliance"

Drives: 18 Black 1SS 1LE “Siouxsie
I'm contemplating a cam swap myself then started reading this. That's unfortunate.

Anyways...it's GAMEDAY......GO HAWKS!!
RyanR3KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 03:06 PM   #7021
rberns

Car is back in the garage. Taking it to work tonight. Ryan, there is also RPM in Norwalk Iowa which is south of Des Moines. From what I hear they do good work.
Old 08-30-2014, 05:57 PM   #7022
rberns

UPDATE AGAIN:

Drove it to work. Car seemed to run good. Then I received another CEL when everything was at operating temp. Stability Track and Traction Control lights kicked on for a few seconds then shut off. It didn't do that the last time. Im also noticing that when cruising the rpm needle bounces between 1400 to 1800 rpms and you can feel the car bucking. At this point I am very irritated with Karl Performance. Spent too much money to be putting up with their inability to tune a car correctly. I will be having another talk with them. See what happens. I am thinking about calling up RPM in Norwalk IA and see if they can tune the car this time.
Old 08-30-2014, 07:36 PM   #7023
firefighterassassin

Drives: Camaro RS/SS
Karls is a joke, they told me all my issues were cam related as well and for 2500 bucks they would change it. I put it in with springs and tronjin kit for 700 bucks and 3 nights after work. I would not take anything back to them or refer anyone to them.

On a side note car show at regina in iowa city tomorrow and car cruise in waterloo tomorrow night whos in?
firefighterassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:32 PM   #7024
rberns

2011 Camaro SS cammed: http://youtu.be/HVguz41HE3M
Old 08-31-2014, 09:35 AM   #7025
Vitoman

Drives: Slow car
Hey Ryan, I'm sorry you are still having some issues. If you want, I will call you on Tuesday morning and see what we can work out. If possible I would like to have you with the car and while it's on the dyno you can be with it and if you have any concerns or questions we can get them addressed in person while you are here. I will make it work any time this week if it works for your schedule.

I would also like to clarify some things, we charged you what we charged you for changing all the parts YOU supplied to us. We installed your cam, a trunion kit, DOD delete kit, oil pump, changed fluids, installed your torque converter and tuned the car. We could have pulled the trans to swap the converter, but with doing all the engine upgrades it was just the same for us to have easier access while engine was out. It's what worked better for us in this project. It's just a personal preference for our techs to do your job and it didn't cost you any more to drop the k member and pull the trans to do the job the other way. I also told you I thought the cam was big for an auto car but it's what you brought us. The "backyard mechanic" comment was made when you asked why we would pull the engine. Again I will say we have had some cars come in oiling issues where the bolt is missing or loose on the the pickup and that's where the comment came from and the customer says they couldn't get to it very well or thought they had it tight enough. I meant no disrespect, I am one myself. Our shop has access to all the right equipment, hoists, etc. that are not always available in a residential garage so what I was getting at was we can accomplish with the equipment at our disposal. We have used cams from many different suppliers, so yes we can tune a non Lingenfelter cam. There is a limitation as to how much can be done when you have a big cam and an automatic, and you yourself said you were not sure of how it would react and didn't know what to expect.

Regardless of all of this I want to make you a happy customer and I thank you for your business. I'll talk to you on Tuesday.
Vitoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:02 PM   #7026
rberns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitoman View Post
Hey Ryan, I'm sorry you are still having some issues. If you want, I will call you on Tuesday morning and see what we can work out. If possible I would like to have you with the car and while it's on the dyno you can be with it and if you have any concerns or questions we can get them addressed in person while you are here. I will make it work any time this week if it works for your schedule.

I would also like to clarify some things, we charged you what we charged you for changing all the parts YOU supplied to us. We installed your cam, a trunion kit, DOD delete kit, oil pump, changed fluids, installed your torque converter and tuned the car. We could have pulled the trans to swap the converter, but with doing all the engine upgrades it was just the same for us to have easier access while engine was out. It's what worked better for us in this project. It's just a personal preference for our techs to do your job and it didn't cost you any more to drop the k member and pull the trans to do the job the other way. I also told you I thought the cam was big for an auto car but it's what you brought us. The "backyard mechanic" comment was made when you asked why we would pull the engine. Again I will say we have had some cars come in oiling issues where the bolt is missing or loose on the the pickup and that's where the comment came from and the customer says they couldn't get to it very well or thought they had it tight enough. I meant no disrespect, I am one myself. Our shop has access to all the right equipment, hoists, etc. that are not always available in a residential garage so what I was getting at was we can accomplish with the equipment at our disposal. We have used cams from many different suppliers, so yes we can tune a non Lingenfelter cam. There is a limitation as to how much can be done when you have a big cam and an automatic, and you yourself said you were not sure of how it would react and didn't know what to expect.

Regardless of all of this I want to make you a happy customer and I thank you for your business. I'll talk to you on Tuesday.
Ryan, I'll give you guys another chance, but I can't keep running back multiple times a month. Its just too time consuming and costing me more money in fuel. Plus on my days off I have to watch my 1 year old and a 4-5 hour round road trip is just too much. So far I think you guys did good on the build, but this tune is lacking in my opinion. Not trying to disrespect you guys in this coming comment, but if your tuner cant tune my cam maybe have someone from Lingenfelter come out and tune it for me at your shop.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:22 PM   #7027
HRD_WRK
HARD WORKING PATRIOT

Drives: 2011 CAMARO 2SS RS-AUTO
severe weather notice
batten down the hatches for those beasts away and umplug your electronics
heavy storm with high lighting count
Attached Images

Old 08-31-2014, 10:01 PM   #7028
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Car show in Iowa Falls, anyone going? Reg. by 11 a.m.