Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-07-2011, 02:52 AM   #85
snakekiller

Drives: f150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Maro Demon View Post
Do me and EVERYONE on the forum a favor Pill and just leave. Nobody cares about Red blah blah blah I have heard that story a million times. And your really crazy if you think the Mustang will EVER have a shot even close to the Corvette ZR-1 that car will flat out eat the Mustang up. How can I believe you when I know how biased you are EVERYTIME the sales results are up and we beat the Mustang every month you make up another lame excuse. And I have seen the Boss Mustangs in the SCCA races they are pretty fast but I doubt they will put that on a production model Mustang and IF they do the price will be out of everyones league. Either way Chevrolet is testing the new C7 Corvette and it will take out any Mustang once the testing is complete with it anyway. Dollar for Dollar car for car if I go into a Chevy Showroom and you go into a Ford Showroom I win thats just how it is.
calm down the red mustang was indeed testing in the same time frame as the zl1, thePill is just being to fanatical. something tells me the mustang will have the last laugh, SVT is very secretive and rarely falls for this new lap times thing every manufacturer is doing today.
snakekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:58 AM   #86
CAPT D

Drives: 1SS Black w/ White Strips M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark5thGenGirl View Post
I hope they fix the problem they have with how ugly that car is.
I've seen the proposed restyling in the newest MT, not sure if they are going to stick with that for the finished product. It looks good IMO they even fixed the rear end stlying.
CAPT D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:15 AM   #87
wbt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T;2011 Mustang GT
Quote:
Do me and EVERYONE on the forum a favor Pill and just leave. Nobody cares about Red blah blah blah I have heard that story a million times. And your really crazy if you think the Mustang will EVER have a shot even close to the Corvette ZR-1 that car will flat out eat the Mustang up. How can I believe you when I know how biased you are EVERYTIME the sales results are up and we beat the Mustang every month you make up another lame excuse. And I have seen the Boss Mustangs in the SCCA races they are pretty fast but I doubt they will put that on a production model Mustang and IF they do the price will be out of everyones league. Either way Chevrolet is testing the new C7 Corvette and it will take out any Mustang once the testing is complete with it anyway. Dollar for Dollar car for car if I go into a Chevy Showroom and you go into a Ford Showroom I win thats just how it is.
You talk a lot but what do you have to back it up with?

thePill isn't doing anything outside of forum rules. His posts are very informative and from I have seen very non-inflammatory. Do you just not like the fact that something may out-perform your beloved Chevrolet? Ford has built a single car that can compete and win against base model cars to expensive, purpose built sport cars and does it better. Don't succumb to tunnel vision.

As of right now this whole thread is just speculation. It's not worth getting your knot in a twirl about.

BTW - I looked through some of your recent post history and you are fairly uneducated about the Mustang in general. I would pay more attention to what thePill has to say if you really want to know more about them. You have created several threads and post in quite a few where the topic is as such but the content you generate isn't complete or skewed. No disrespect intended however offering some friendly advice.

Last edited by wbt; 10-07-2011 at 03:25 AM.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:25 AM   #88
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Quote:
How dare he talk about gt500's testing on the ring in a thread about new gt500's. CRAZY TALK!
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:27 AM   #89
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Dude, seriously? Get over it. i like Thepills posts. They are informative, thought out, and just the facts. he has also posted some great info about the next gen Chevy smallblocks too.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:29 AM   #90
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Quote:
LOL .. .. Pill is a good guy .. I think you should calm down and check your attitude ..
Crowley

Last edited by Crowley; 10-07-2011 at 07:43 AM.
Crowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:53 AM   #91
stikSS
9691 & 97586

Drives: 2010 SS, 1999 SS, 1993 Z28
I think the reality of this is... They have done testing very close to each other... It's obvious with the technology that is shown in the trunk of the ZL1, they have all kinds of adjustments they can make and it'll run whatever they want it to. The Ford guys have the same ability... It's all mind games and we're drawn to it... If they really wanna make it a mad dash... Put em both on the track at the same time... And run the piss out of em... No holds bar!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
stikSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:09 AM   #92
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
I don't think the GT500, the SVT Cobra or any Mustang will every be close to a Corvette (excluding the GS, that is a Poorvette). Listen, all I do is collect information, sometimes first hand and sometimes from popular forms of available media. What I do once I hear information, I try to collect counter information to either squash or confirm it. This takes a lot of my/our time but I love to network anyway, and I love cars so it really doesn't bother me. I am not looking for a "yes I heard that", I am looking for more information from another source... This is practiced all over the internet and since I had to drive 2 hours to the ring over a dozen times just on outside info, that should show you how fanatic we are (plus, it is just an awesome place to be during tourist driving and industry days).

I had heard in October that there were multiple powerplant options being looked at, you can even see the October test vehicle that had "extra" gauges on the A-pillar. Turbos, superchargers, Coyote, Condor, bored or stroked.. all talked about but finally... finally... the only feasible option was made clear. I told Camaro5 a year ago that they were benchmarking the ZL1 on the wrong car and, Chevrolet has done their best to assure that the gap won't be too great when Ford upgraded. Now, that is just the drivetrain, the suspension we are looking for is indeed Boss 302S spec, the Live rear axle in ALL Mustangs are the same, the springs, panhard, sways, shocks are all Ford Racing parts bin parts that I myself can purchase for about $2000. The brakes are larger both front and back (tells me more weight) and the rear wheels and tires just very well be smaller diameter but wider, lower profile, lower treadwear and NOT Goodyears. Did you know that as long as you relocate the rear sway bar (Boss 302S) you can fit up to a 315 on a GT500 without protruding passed the fenders as long as there is an small offset?

I have heard many things and the things I am most interested in are those that I have only heard once.. but until I hear it from several others, I will not speak of it until I do...

As Stew said, I just post the facts however, this is incorrect.. I post information that I have heard from more than one source or have seen myself...

I thank the community here for defending me

Last edited by thePill; 10-07-2011 at 11:51 AM.
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:12 AM   #93
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
It wont matter what Ford puts in the Shelby GT500 for 2013 600hp wont matter if the Shelby GT500 still has the same pathetic suspension and still cant put the power to the ground with traction management it wont matter. We already know the ZL1 has no trouble with either of those and Ford doesnt have the technology that Chevy & Ferrari has with magnetic suspension so we will see. Im betting the suspension and PTM will be too much for the Shelby unless they have some new technology tricks up their sleeve.
This is exactly why I said you don't have a clue what u are talking about. The pathetic suspension on the current GT500 you are talking about is killing the M3s and Porsches around Laguna Seca but I don't expect you to know much about suspension, you own a "drag car". You know sticky tires, wheelie bars, and monstrous engines, and going straight. You are the only super-biased person here. BTW, you referred to the 3 little cars you see in my sig...here is what they are.... your dream, my reality. But I like your ABM V6 Camaro.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:17 AM   #94
CC Performance
Account Suspended

Drives: 99 Camaro SS, 79 z28, 70 GTX
CC Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:24 AM   #95
big hammer

Drives: 2002 ws6

and yes the pill is annoying.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:01 PM   #96
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
I think that there is a lot of confusion between the 2011-2012 GT500's acceleration traction and road course traction. The previous GT500s had no problems with traction on any road courses, there were problems with brake fade and heat soak but never any loss of control during high G's on road courses. There are difficulties with in seat traction and a 5 point harness is usually needed... Hard to launch and hard to control are two different things.. Are we drag racing or road racing?
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:04 PM   #97
tooslow
Banned

Drives: 4 Wheels, Gasoline Engine
Quote:
Why would anyone ever think that Ford would want to engineer a Mustang to compete with the Corvette? You do have a point that, currently, the Mustang represents the pinnacle of performance offered by Ford while GM has the Corvette in it's various iterations, most of which will outperform even the 2012 GT500 stock-for-stock. However, don't forget the outcome the last time Ford endeavored to build a Corvette-beater. They accomplished the mission. Suggesting because Ford, or any manufacturer for that matter, chooses not to build a car that competes with or can outperform the ZR1 does not mean that they can't.
tooslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:25 PM   #98
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I think it's clear how much I am a fanboy, however, I appreciate cars; as much as I'll poke fun. The fact is, that without competition, we'd be driving boring Smart cars or the like.
Smart Car - Boring.... Hardly, get in one and it will scare the Sh*t out of ya!