Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-08-2011, 12:23 PM   #1
ArmoSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Am I Cheating on Chevy?

I've owned nothing but Chevy's my whole life, but I just bought 1,000 shares of Ford stock.

The way I see it, I'm going to use and abuse (make money) off of Ford and use it for my Camaro....get some!!
ArmoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:52 PM   #2
amadocarlos10

Drives: Camaro 2LS 2011
are you expecting ford shares to go in the future?
amadocarlos10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:14 PM   #3
CC Performance
Account Suspended

Drives: 99 Camaro SS, 79 z28, 70 GTX
All the MFG's make parts for each other so I think its ok
CC Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:25 PM   #4
MudderFinger

Drives: 2011 IOM SS/RS
I have done the same before and made money
MudderFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:25 PM   #5
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Ehhh. . . I don't think the massacre is over yet personally, but good luck. Only invest what you can afford to lose right now.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:01 PM   #6
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
well lets put it this way, unless we're headed for a depression. now is a great time to invest. Many companies are at their 52 week lows and they have strong balance sheets. They are lower because everybody is lower not because the business will not be profitable.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:20 PM   #7
8cd03gro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab2g View Post
well lets put it this way,unless we're headed for a depression. now is a great time to invest. Many companies are at their 52 week lows and they have strong balance sheets. They are lower because everybody is lower not because the business will not be profitable.
IMO this is the beginning of, not necessarily a depression, but at least another/continuation of the recession. The debt crisis is spinning out of control and every possible course of action being discussed by our great leadership is ludicrous. They put a band-aid on the problem in 2008, not a fix and now it's catching up to us. Financials don't mean dick if nobody wants to buy your shares. It can be a good time to buy, but it's my personal opinion that this slide will continue for at least another few weeks, though maybe not quite as dramatic as last Friday and today. One should only invest what they can truly afford to lose. Sure, the reward potential is higher than typical, but the risk is also much higher. If it gives you an idea of how worried I am, I have a home trading station, multiple brokerage accounts, and I literally daytrade as my only source of income and I didn't trade a thing today, just sat back and watched. This is not some little insignificant bump in the road, it's the result of a serious problem. Just be careful.

Last edited by 8cd03gro; 08-08-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:05 PM   #8
Ambitious09

Drives: 07 Cobalt LT/2008 Ram SXT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro View Post
IMO this is the beginning of, not necessarily a depression, but at least another/continuation of the recession. The debt crisis is spinning out of control and every possible course of action being discussed by our great leadership is ludicrous. They put a band-aid on the problem in 2008, not a fix and now it's catching up to us. Financials don't mean dick if nobody wants to buy your shares. It can be a good time to buy, but it's my personal opinion that this slide will continue for at least another few weeks, though maybe not quite as dramatic as last Friday and today. One should only invest what they can truly afford to lose. Sure, the reward potential is higher than typical, but the risk is also much higher. If it gives you an idea of how worried I am, I have a home trading station, multiple brokerage accounts, and I literally daytrade as my only source of income and I didn't trade a thing today, just sat back and watched. This is not some little insignificant bump in the road, it's the result of a serious problem. Just be careful.
You're right we put a band aid on a bullet wound. This is only getting worse from here. We won't get out of this mess until we address the three things that got us here: Housing, Consumer Spending, Banking. All 3 have only gotten worse since sept 07 when we went into the recession. I'm with the O/P though I bought some shares of Ford too and plan to get more when we get closer to 9k.
Ambitious09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:30 PM   #9
8cd03gro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambitious09 View Post
You're right we put a band aid on a bullet wound. This is only getting worse from here. We won't get out of this mess until we address the three things that got us here: Housing, Consumer Spending, Banking. All 3 have only gotten worse since sept 07 when we went into the recession. I'm with the O/P though I bought some shares of Ford too and plan to get more when we get closer to 9k.
If Ford maintains below $10 support, I will load up in the mid $7 range if it gets down there. That's just my personal strategy for F though, I don't like to try to play the same game twice and I was lucky enough to get in during the $1 range in 09. I'm more interested in ZOLT in the $6 range myself. . .