Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 01-11-2013, 09:38 PM   #1
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Florida Speed & Performance (Matt) is truly an elite shop

It's no secret that my car has been doing stuff with the stock suspension that it shouldn't be. Well the time has come where the stock parts have become a limiting factor and have actually started to hurt the performance. Slower 60's and excessive wheel spin during the shifts have pretty much held me at 9.81.

Enter Matt and his shop. Matt and I talk on a pretty regular basis but very rarely speak about each others cars. That being said we do know exactly what we both are up to with them. He knew my situation and what the solution was. Matt had the next step already planned out.

He took it upon himself to get a hold of me and get the ball rolling. Using all of his racing experience and first hand knwoledge of IRS and the 5th gen, we started to lay down a solid foundation. Really he did. All I did was say OK. He also brought in Blair from Pfadt who in conjuction with Matt came up with a solution. A solution that will enable to car to make forward strides again.

With the shock being the foundation for everything suspension related Pfadt started construction on a set of the new drag race specific coilovers. Those, combined with the trailing arms, toe rods, bushings, and the Farks no hop upper control arm bushings, should give us a great base to start moving forward again and to build upon in the future.

I'm very excited, and anxious, to get all this stuff to JRE and have it installed and get it back on the track soon. Hopefully with a few weeks weather permitting.

My car made great strides in 2012 and we're looking forward to even greater ones in 2013.

I'm very thankful Matt and Blair have jumped on board my car and along with Ted I have a great and smart group of guys that are all striving toward one goal.....Going FAST!

To anyone on the fence about picking a speed shop you need to know that Matt has the customers interest at heart. That is his first and foremost priority. He will be your go to guy.

Thanks again Matt and Blair and here's just puting the stock displacement record into untouchable territory!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Images

Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:01 AM   #2
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Hey bud it is always a pleasure dealing with you.. Well most of the time when you are not making fun of me.

Working with a very informed and knowledgeable customer is great. SSS knows enough to get himself into trouble, but he also knows his limits as we were discussing the suspension setup. We got Blair over at Pfadt involved, and put together a few items that should pioneer SSS further along in his journey. Having worked with Pfadt for many years on the Corvette stuff, I expect nothing less than their perfection with companies I deal with (That is why our product line is so small) and as always Blair/Aaron/Robbin/Rob/Jason and the rest of the crew delivered!

+1 SSS
+1 Pfadt
+1 JRE

Oh but SSS, you're not going to be faster than me and I'm about to knock you off your high horse because I can race tomorrow and you can't!
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote