Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 10-29-2013, 05:25 PM   #295
mbenci6508

Drives: 2012 LS
Dealership - Crews Chevrolet , Charleston SC
mbenci6508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:41 AM   #296
WILDRACER
WILDRACER

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs IOM.
i sure can stig.. mark and his crew in the service department are a great bunch of guys. when i bought my car it had the 21 inch wheels on it whitch i loved. but he also gave me the take offs with no charge at all ... than a few months after i had the car i got the cracked dash bug... took it into mark to take a look at what i found and in less then a week he had my car into service new dash installed no problems. all in all i took about 4 days in and out and you could never tell it was done ..
WILDRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:52 AM   #297
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDRACER View Post
i sure can stig.. mark and his crew in the service department are a great bunch of guys. when i bought my car it had the 21 inch wheels on it whitch i loved. but he also gave me the take offs with no charge at all ... than a few months after i had the car i got the cracked dash bug... took it into mark to take a look at what i found and in less then a week he had my car into service new dash installed no problems. all in all i took about 4 days in and out and you could never tell it was done ..
Mk - updating the OP with a link to this post. Also, and this is really just a side note - you get the OEM wheels and tires when you buy the 21" wheel package. He's required to give you the original wheels.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:25 AM   #298
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbenci6508 View Post
Dealership - Crews Chevrolet , Charleston SC
Can you post details of why they're a dealership?
Old 10-31-2013, 11:11 AM   #299
HOLLYSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Black
Carfagno Chevrolet -Great to deal with, comfortable

I have to give this place 100% excellent reviews. I take my wife's 2011 Camaro SS here for its oil changes and any other warranty service. I followed her there the first day in my SRT8, and of course they thought I was trading it in...

They have been really great to deal with. On time, i can schedule by email and set up the appointment. They get right back to me. I had to laugh, the last time we got the oil changed, I looked at the receipt and it said that they rotated the tires. I panicked at first, knowing that they can't do so. The lady at the counter made sure to come and find me before I left to let me know this wasn't the case, but its how they entered the service in there to give me the 100,000 mile warranty oil change.

The have wifi in the waiting room so I don't mind waiting for service. I've been there 3 times so far. I just wish i could find a dealer that I like for the Charger SRT8. The last time i went for a state inspection, i got the car back with 3 miles on it. The dealership is in a small area and of course the manager had no idea how the 3 miles got on there. I gave them a terrible review with the survey i got.

I like Carfagno. They have a ZL1 in the showroom i keep looking at...
HOLLYSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:36 PM   #300
Leo_black

Drives: 2013 1LT
I'm editing my earlier review of the St George Utah Steven Wade Chevy dealership. They are completely incompetent. 3 weeks ago last Saturday, 4 weeks in 2 days, I brought my Camaro in and one of the things was because the door trim was coming off in a no user wear and tear related way. They said they would have to order it and it would take about a week. Still nothing.
Leo_black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:18 PM   #301
scoticus.rex
LTC, USA

Drives: Hobbes - 2013 Camaro 2SS RS M6
Pohanka Chevorlet, Chantilly Virginia - Dealership

Had a very good experience with Pohanka Chevorlet. I used True Car through USAA to release details to several dealerships in the Northern Virginia area. Basically, as each dealership contacted me, I told them I was only interested in an IOM 2LT with Navigation and Orange Accent Interior. This was in August 2013. Several dealerships called and tried to down-sell me on vehicles they had on their lot. I explained that this purchase was not a necessity, I would only buy if someone had or could get what I wanted. Pohanka called and I explained this to them as well. The sales manager asked if he could call me back in an hour. One hour later he called back and said he had found my vehicle at a dealership about 200 miles away. He said they would be willing to go and get the vehicle if I really wanted it. I said I was interested and went in and saw them the next day. They came in within $300 of the price I wanted to pay which was much lower than MSRP. Signed the purchase order on Tuesday evening. They had the car for me by Friday, installed rally stripes for me on Saturday and I picked it up on Sunday. Overall, I was very happy with this dealership, and they were the only dealership in the area that was willing to go out of their way to find the exact car I wanted,

Hobbes - 2013 Camaro 2SS RS M6
scoticus.rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:49 PM   #302
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoticus.rex View Post
Pohanka Chevorlet, Chantilly Virginia - Dealership

Had a very good experience with Pohanka Chevorlet. I used True Car through USAA to release details to several dealerships in the Northern Virginia area. Basically, as each dealership contacted me, I told them I was only interested in an IOM 2LT with Navigation and Orange Accent Interior. This was in August 2013. Several dealerships called and tried to down-sell me on vehicles they had on their lot. I explained that this purchase was not a necessity, I would only buy if someone had or could get what I wanted. Pohanka called and I explained this to them as well. The sales manager asked if he could call me back in an hour. One hour later he called back and said he had found my vehicle at a dealership about 200 miles away. He said they would be willing to go and get the vehicle if I really wanted it. I said I was interested and went in and saw them the next day. They came in within $300 of the price I wanted to pay which was much lower than MSRP. Signed the purchase order on Tuesday evening. They had the car for me by Friday, installed rally stripes for me on Saturday and I picked it up on Sunday. Overall, I was very happy with this dealership, and they were the only dealership in the area that was willing to go out of their way to find the exact car I wanted,
Have you had any experience with their service department?
Old 11-01-2013, 08:25 AM   #303
scoticus.rex
LTC, USA

Drives: Hobbes - 2013 Camaro 2SS RS M6
No, too early for that yet.

Hobbes - 2013 Camaro 2SS RS M6
scoticus.rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #304
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOLLYSS View Post
I have to give this place 100% excellent reviews. I take my wife's 2011 Camaro SS here for its oil changes and any other warranty service. I followed her there the first day in my SRT8, and of course they thought I was trading it in...

They have been really great to deal with. On time, i can schedule by email and set up the appointment. They get right back to me. I had to laugh, the last time we got the oil changed, I looked at the receipt and it said that they rotated the tires. I panicked at first, knowing that they can't do so. The lady at the counter made sure to come and find me before I left to let me know this wasn't the case, but its how they entered the service in there to give me the 100,000 mile warranty oil change.

The have wifi in the waiting room so I don't mind waiting for service. I've been there 3 times so far. I just wish i could find a dealer that I like for the Charger SRT8. The last time i went for a state inspection, i got the car back with 3 miles on it. The dealership is in a small area and of course the manager had no idea how the 3 miles got on there. I gave them a terrible review with the survey i got.

I like Carfagno. They have a ZL1 in the showroom i keep looking at...
What dealership is this? I didn't see it in your post - apologies if it was from an earlier post that I didn't see.

edit: was in the title of the post - my bad. Adding it to the OP now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_black View Post
I'm editing my earlier review of the St George Utah Steven Wade Chevy dealership. They are completely incompetent. 3 weeks ago last Saturday, 4 weeks in 2 days, I brought my Camaro in and one of the things was because the door trim was coming off in a no user wear and tear related way. They said they would have to order it and it would take about a week. Still nothing.
Would you mind leaving your original post and just adding to it? That way people get the whole story? But I've updated the OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoticus.rex View Post
No, too early for that yet.
Mk - when you do eventually go in for service (or what have you) can you post up your review? Thank you much!
Old 11-03-2013, 09:40 PM   #305
jake2212

Drives: none (yet)
i must apologetically retract my last post about findlay chevrolet in las vegas because of the story that follows.
so when i was putting my headers on i noticed a slight oil leak. nothing that looked "too serious." so i took it into findlay and they had my car in the shop and within an hour told me that my oil pan is cracked and will be repaired under warranty. i was pretty mad about my oil pan being cracked but they made the process smooth and quick and i was in a rental and out of there in no time. funny thing is is the guy that gave me my rental car turned out to be a guy that grew up next door to my great grandparents back in Pittsburgh PA and knew them pretty well (small world lol) anyways i get a call the next day saying my car is ready so i drive down in the v6 camaro rental they gave me and pickup my car. was not given any hassle about my current mods and was a fairly quick process. must say i am impressed and plan on going back there in the future.
stig can you take away my (-1) and also add a (+1) for this? thank you

Last edited by jake2212; 11-03-2013 at 09:59 PM.
jake2212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #306
AG1LE

Drives: '14 1LE
Hendrick Chevrolet, Buford GA - dealership

Great experience buying my '14 2SS. Found the exact car I wanted even though we had to go to a different lot. Agreed to fix a paint chip I found after I got it home, even though they had to re-paint the whole door to get it right (and they matched the paint exactly). Very attentive to all of my questions after the purchase. So far so good.
AG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:15 PM   #307
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS LS3 VR
Send a message via AIM to AdamEL
Dealership - Serra Chevrolet in Bartlett, TN [basically Memphis, TN].

Great sales guys, and the absolute BEST service department in the city... Heck, probably in the country! These guys are great, super honest, and do great work. Please add them to the list.
AdamEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:18 PM   #308
13lstuner

Drives: 2013 2LS BLK
Have an appointment for champion Chevrolet in Athens alabama tomorrow. After everything is said and done I will definately put up a review.