Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-11-2009, 02:29 PM   #1
Richochet83

Drives: SIM 2LT Camaro RS
Harrassing Dealers and GM

I'm just curious to know how often do yall harrass your dealers and GM (calling the 800 and 866 GM hotline)?

I am wondering because I call my dealer so much for a status update that he knows my voice. He calls me the "Crazy Camaro Guy". I told him he can expect to hear from me every week for a status update until my car is produced and shipped. I also went on to tell him he came blame Camaro5.com and all its wonderful members for the phone calls...In fact I just called him a few minutes ago and when he heard my voice he laughed and said, "Look, the Red one (referring to a Victory Red 1LT Auto RS Cloth interior w/o sunroof) is still here and I will give you an additional $1000 to add to your deposit if you take this one"....Yes it sounds mighty temping but I can't do a bright red sports car. I mean a bright red sports car is almost cliche'. As far as the GM number, I don't call that number that often because the suspense kills me when they put you on hold to get your order current status. Waiting 3 to 5 minutes for good news or no new news on the phone is too much to bare.

But anywho, I just want to see how many people on here are more or just as worry-some to their dealer or GM as much as I am...
Richochet83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:32 PM   #2
Mason44

Drives: 2011 2SS
I don't call I just show up. The salesmen know my car and when they see it I can see them put their heads down (like oh sh*t here he comes again).
Mason44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:38 PM   #3
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
You know that its bad out their, The dealers put their heads down at least we want our cars.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:41 PM   #4
CamaroChelline

Drives: Like a bat outta hell
I call my dealer about 2-3 times a month..Sometimes I call him to update him on my car..LOL..I'm not sure if he's impressed or if he thinks I'm some weirdo..

And ya know what? I don't care!
CamaroChelline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:43 PM   #5
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
When I decided to order mine i will be informing my sales person and sales manager to expect weekly or bi-weekly calls if they cannot handle me calling in I will go and order from another dealership.

Sean
Old 05-11-2009, 02:46 PM   #6
chrisinlittlerock

Drives: 2010 Camaro/08 Tundra
I just e-mail and added her to facebook so I can harass her mercielessly 24/7
chrisinlittlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:48 PM   #7
2SSJIM

Drives: 2012 CRT ZL1 #1400
Yep! I just show up at the dealer and I'm sure they probably go "Oh, crap.... here he comes again"! But they are good people and understand my enthusiasm and the utter excitement for this car!
2SSJIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:49 PM   #8
theshadow1234

Drives: Shelby GT500
Just don't call to much because they'll turn around and EBAY it like Oltimers car...

09 Shelby GT500
(Stock)
theshadow1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:50 PM   #9
ThreeNineNine
2G1FB1EV6A9107522

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ThreeNineNine Send a message via MSN to ThreeNineNine
I showed up at the dealership twice (including the time I ordered the car). I called in once. Other than that every call has been initiated by them. I'll probably give them a call tomorrow, though. Car should be in in 5-10 more days.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:53 PM   #10
Richochet83

Drives: SIM 2LT Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroChelline View Post
I call my dealer about 2-3 times a month..Sometimes I call him to update him on my car..LOL..I'm not sure if he's impressed or if he thinks I'm some weirdo..

Thats what I meant by "he came blame Camaro5.com and all its wonderful members for the phone calls." Before I was calling giving him updates from the stuff people post on this site. For example, I was ignorant to the event codes until I joined this site. When I asked my dealer for my event code he had no idea what I was talking about. So after I schooled him thats when I made my speech about how often he can expect to hear from me. But all in all my dealer is a person (well at least I think so unless its all a front) and he assures me at the end of every phone call that the price we agreed upon will remain the same....Sometime I just want to go to the dealer and stand at the door like this...
Richochet83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:57 PM   #11
EarliestMemory
RED HT RS

Drives: 10 VR 2LT/RS Camaro, 06 Harley
I call my sales mgr. about every other week. Come to think of it, I missed last week, so he's due for a call tonight. Guess I'm not too much of a pain because one time he didn't pick up and they took a message; he returned my call within ten minutes.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:58 PM   #12
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroChelline View Post

You ARE a weirdo.

We all are to these guys. I just went to the dealer because we dropped of Bonnies Lexus for a service and the Chevy place is next door. I just wanted a Official brochure. It was funny because the salesperson I talked to told me they had none and I said You better get some I'm assuning I can have one since I did order a 42k dollar car from you guys. He went to the office and got me one. Why the hell are they hiding them?

Anyway My guy wasn't there so I just left. All I wanted was the book. The car will get here when it gets here. Probably in the next 3 weeks or so.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:03 PM   #13
babyjulie83
driving! Thanks GM !!!

Drives: 2SS Camaro in ABM!!!
I send my salesman lots of emails. I don't really bother calling the 1-800 # because they usually don't have much info for me. But i'm kind of getting curious...maybe i'll the GM and just see if they have any updates.

My salesman gave me a TPW of 5/18 so i'm going to try my hardest not to email him until about the 20th to see if maybe I have a vin #.

Everything is better in a Camaro.......puts a smile on my face everyday.....
babyjulie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:11 PM   #14
redlightroxy

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS, 2006 Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
You ARE a weirdo.

We all are to these guys. I just went to the dealer because we dropped of Bonnies Lexus for a service and the Chevy place is next door. I just wanted a Official brochure. It was funny because the salesperson I talked to told me they had none and I said You better get some I'm assuning I can have one since I did order a 42k dollar car from you guys. He went to the office and got me one. Why the hell are they hiding them?

Anyway My guy wasn't there so I just left. All I wanted was the book. The car will get here when it gets here. Probably in the next 3 weeks or so.
So true... I went in to see my dealer's Camaro and asked about a brochure. They told me they only had one per salesperson and they weren't giving them out. Funny how when I went to place my order a week later and gave him my deposit, he opens a drawer and hands me the book and says, "Don't let anyone know I gave this to you... I just keep finding them lying around."

Oh well - at least I have one

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
You know you're addicted to Camaro5 when you hear that song being played over the radio and immediately think of redlightroxy.
redlightroxy is offline   Reply With Quote