Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 07-10-2014, 08:58 PM   #32215
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
Wut
Cant get to the computer to download. The Room is full of furniture.
there, better?
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 01:02 PM   #32216
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Any more shock input...lol
Old 07-11-2014, 02:54 PM   #32217
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
I know Pedders can. same basics as BC's
The only trouble is finding someone to do it.

I tend to have softer settings in the rear, handles better that way. Tried firmer but the ass end just wants to get lose around corners.
Old 07-11-2014, 03:25 PM   #32218
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
The only trouble is finding someone to do it.

I tend to have softer settings in the rear, handles better that way. Tried firmer but the ass end just wants to get lose around corners.
There's a shop out in the inland empire that does them I think.BC 's and Megans anyway.
Getting used to my setup with the new squared tire/wheels. I like the rear settings softer then the fronts for ride, but have to now anyway with the front sway on soft or get to much oversteer with the rears set more firm. Best I can do is even all around but thats pushing it. May leave it and test out at fontucky in Aug.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:15 PM   #32219
DemonZL1

Drives: like a granny
how do you guys like camino real chevrolet? Thinking about going to work there.

PS: they still have their Z/28 available.

Anderson composites coupon code : Demon
DemonZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:45 PM   #32220
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon 1LE View Post
how do you guys like camino real chevrolet? Thinking about going to work there.

PS: they still have their Z/28 available.
They are great on the sales/service end, at least Sara and Rob are. To work there in the shop I dont know as never went for work done. The service manager knows his stuff from my limited dealings with him. Some day when I have money to through away( well more then I do now...lol) I'll get a z28. Used
Old 07-11-2014, 05:35 PM   #32221
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
Here some new BS. Big milestone on my other project car. Got the small block and tranny in the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -
Old 07-11-2014, 07:34 PM   #32222
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Quote:
There's a shop out in the inland empire that does them I think.BC 's and Megans anyway.
Getting used to my setup with the new squared tire/wheels. I like the rear settings softer then the fronts for ride, but have to now anyway with the front sway on soft or get to much oversteer with the rears set more firm. Best I can do is even all around but thats pushing it. May leave it and test out at fontucky in Aug.
I usually firm up the rear for the street but on the track it's to tight. Square set up helps big time. Both my sways are set in the middle setting.

Hopefully I don't need to rebuild my coil overs for a long time.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:16 PM   #32223
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
I usually firm up the rear for the street but on the track it's to tight. Square set up helps big time. Both my sways are set in the middle setting.

Hopefully I don't need to rebuild my coil overs for a long time.
With the stagger setup I had, front bar was soft but still had to have more rear shock
Right now mine are 1 turn softer in back and is almost neutral in normal street driving. I have the pedders bars and they are 27 front and 32 rear. Rear not adjustable so front needs to be in the middle at least. That way I will at least have a range of coilover adjustment if needed, as the bars should be used to balance the car and shocks to fine tune.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:19 PM   #32224
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Quote:
Right now mine are 1 turn softer in back and is almost neutral in normal street driving. I have the pedders bars and they are 27 front and 32 rear. Rear not adjustable so front needs to be in the middle at least. That way I will at least have a range of coilover adjustment if needed, as the bars should be used to balance the car and shocks to fine tune.
For the track I have to soften the rears 4-6 clicks. It rides good soft on the street till I hit a bad bump or a big dip. Harder rides rougher but it's easier on the big bumps and stuff.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:42 PM   #32225
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
For the track I have to soften the rears 4-6 clicks. It rides good soft on the street till I hit a bad bump or a big dip. Harder rides rougher but it's easier on the big bumps and stuff.
yeah same with pedders, softer absorbs bad roads better but gets progressively more bouncy and not controlled. Firmer to a point makes it more stable, but I find basic body motions on our bad roads are the same with the stiff springs, just softer or stiffer is all.
For auto x stiffer rear helps bring the backend of the car around better if the front bar is set right or close.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:51 PM   #32226
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Quote:
yeah same with pedders, softer absorbs bad roads better but gets progressively more bouncy and not controlled. Firmer to a point makes it more stable, but I find basic body motions on our bad roads are the same with the stiff springs, just softer or stiffer is all.
For auto x stiffer rear helps bring the backend of the car around better if the front bar is set right or close.
The pfadt's soak up the rough roads good and are controlled and not bouncy on a soft setting but almost seem to bottom out easily with a big bump or anything heavy in the trunk. I think it's partly due to the ride height I am at. If I raised it I think it would be better but I wouldn't be able to stand the fender gaps lol
Old 07-11-2014, 10:20 PM   #32227
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
The pfadt's soak up the rough roads good and are controlled and not bouncy on a soft setting but almost seem to bottom out easily with a big bump or anything heavy in the trunk. I think it's partly due to the ride height I am at. If I raised it I think it would be better but I wouldn't be able to stand the fender gaps lol
Pedders do also but have that pogo stick effect on the rippled road surfaces, yet compliant, I as most that report in feel the springs are to stiff at 450/550 rates, great for track courses and set firm, but around town at slow speeds the normal comfortable setings not as stable, on the freeway the ride is greatand on washboard sections no worse then drop springs and koni shocks I had on
my 98. Overall good and about as good as can be expected for at track type
coilover
As to drop mine are a little under 1 inch front and 1.25 inches rear. The 285/35 tires only added about 3/8" more wheel well gap but not that noticeable. Definitely dont wont to raise it though..lol
Old 07-11-2014, 11:36 PM   #32228
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Needless so say I am happy with mine. I knew I would sacrifice a little but not much. Way more advantages than disadvantages.

Did you get the PSS? Or you still running the nitto's?