Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Flowmaster Exhaust
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Road Course/Track and Autocross For road course/track and autocross discussions.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:27 AM   #251
tomster
Mid Ohio 1:41.45

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
Here is a Video of my first run. I had the tire presure to low causing it to slip slide more..

Old 09-02-2014, 06:35 AM   #252
tomster

Took one of my friends for a ride. Video cut off half way though

Old 09-02-2014, 06:37 AM   #253
tomster

Took my wife for a ride.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:18 AM   #254
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencilence View Post
Today was great. I got alot of pics and video. Just got home and unloaded so I will go through the pics and video through this week. Thanks again to those who helped me through my first track day!
Glad u had fun, i was busy getting my car ready for the trip to the salvage yard.

Did u meet up with and get help from jet or troy?
2SS/RS 400RWHP, Hurst Shifter, Vararam Tune model,SLP Loudmouth axle back, Pedders Camaro Pace Car Kit &, EP7323, PDUSACAM2800, EP1167, ZL1 Calipers, CTS-V rotors, ZL1 Wheels, GTO clutch resevoir, Pedders Camber plates.
Back Street Performance has done a great job with ALL my Performance & Suspension mods, highly recommend them (Rich@BSP) he's in my friends list.
TLSTWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:25 AM   #255
Green Machine
Always Workin

Drives: 2014 1SS 1LE
I don't have any videos done yet, but I did search out where the fox body spun out a few cars ahead of me.

A little back story... the mustang got black flagged before the carousel. He never went into pits and then this happened at the end of the back straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencilence View Post
Today was great. I got alot of pics and video. Just got home and unloaded so I will go through the pics and video through this week. Thanks again to those who helped me through my first track day!
It was nice meeting you! I always like seeing another 1LE anywhere, like it even more seeing another one on the track . I think I had even more fun this time then my last. I gave up worrying about my tires after the first session and let it rip through the turns lol.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:14 AM   #256
Stitch

Drives: SS, CTS & SRT-4
Mid-Ohio was amazing and it was great to meet some of you guys out there (Tom, Broken & Green). All you guys have some nice cars.

My friends still have all the pics and videos, but I'll post some up when I get them.

Thanks for inviting me!
Old 09-04-2014, 07:59 AM   #257
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 10 Legacy 2.5GT, ...
It was good to get back out there with you guys again. Well, some of you, because both me and my car are going to be Intermediate-level for quite some time to come.

It was definitely a different experience running with lots more traffic, and most of it faster than me.

It turned out that AutoInterests did bring a few loaner helmets, which my cousin took advantage of for one full session (thanks for the offer from a member here). Time will tell whether a ride-along sets the hook (and he gets something more suitable than a Toyota pickup truck). I also gave his wife a few not-exactly-35-mph-tame parade laps, let's just say even those were outside her experience and leave it at that.

If that Mustang that spun was the one I think it was, the guy has a fair amount of asphalt circle track racing experience but only a couple days on road courses. I did talk to him as he was loading back up, but neither the black flag matter nor the spin came up so I don't know why either of those things happened. But him getting it pointed the right way without too much trouble doesn't entirely surprise me. Incidentally, the red Viper also running Intermediate belonged to his Dad or step-dad (not sure which) but was apparently being driven by somebody else.

I'll try to get a video up, but since I'm dealing with a brand-new computer and Windows 8 it may take a while. Only got two sessions before the memory card said it was full, so there isn't a lot to choose from.

It only took about 8.5 hours to get home on Tuesday, and roughly 10AM to 6:30 PM dodged most of the worst traffic everywhere.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 09-04-2014 at 09:06 AM. Reason: reworded for clarity
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:36 AM   #258
Stitch

Thanks for the ride-alongs Norm. My friends really appreciated it!
Old 09-04-2014, 09:46 AM   #259
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

No problem, Stitch.

Here's hoping this works . . . I think it's the second session and it was just me in the car.

Norm
Old 09-04-2014, 09:50 AM   #260
Green Machine
Always Workin

If I knew your friends wanted a ride along I'm sure my friend would have hopped in with someone else a time or two lol.

I have some work to do on my lines but I know some of what im doing wrong and started correcting it towards the end of the day.

I'm not really out there to be the fastest I'm there to have fun and fun I had lol. My friend had a blast too and is hooked on getting a car for this.

Sent from somewhere on the road.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:33 AM   #261
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Here's the only other video I got - and it got cut a little short due to running out of memory card space. . . . . DAMMIT.

.................................................. .......................................Yeah, with only 315-ish HP this ↓↓↓ was about as late of a pass as I dared try.

Norm
Old 09-04-2014, 05:30 PM   #262
Green Machine
Always Workin

What size card do you use?

Also at 5:25ish on that last video... my car sounds pretty good

Old 09-04-2014, 07:21 PM   #263
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

32 GB.

I thought there was more room left on it than there actually was, but with the Win7 laptop having trouble very late in the week and not enough time before leaving to use the new laptop beyond getting it sort-of set up there just wasn't anything I could do about it in the time remaining. Hell, I was still turning wrenches checking the car's front end at 10:00 AM on Sunday.

As for information regarding the audio track, I'm not doing anything special, just running the built-in mike, a skeleton back on the case, and a little cardboard shimming in the mount to keep that from making a rattle that absolutely does get picked up if I forget one of the shims. "Permanent" sticky-mount on the dash.

Norm
Old 09-04-2014, 08:10 PM   #264
Green Machine
Always Workin

I can't believe how much the gopro uses lol. I had 25 gb of video just from the track. That extra battery pack is nice that I have. Still had about a bar of power left when we were done. That was also with leaving it on between one session (oops).

I think im going to get some sort of external microphone but not sure yet.

Old 09-06-2014, 10:18 AM   #265
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Machine View Post
Also at 5:25ish on that last video... my car sounds pretty good

Yeah, you did go roaring past. Not quite as loudly as tomster did back in June, but still plenty impressive.

Norm
Old 09-08-2014, 11:39 AM   #266
Stitch

My friends got a quick video of me coming down the front straight. Guy pointed me by late.

Old 09-08-2014, 09:32 PM   #267
tomster

looked good stitch!
Old 09-13-2014, 07:30 PM   #268
Green Machine
Always Workin

This is all I have done so far... I got a little better line as the day progressed but still see where I can improve. Still a great time though!

Old 09-13-2014, 10:06 PM   #269
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Machine View Post
This is all I have done so far... I got a little better line as the day progressed but still see where I can improve. Still a great time though!
I liked them. It looked like your line work was real good at slower speed, then your turn ins got a little mixed up when you got alone with more speed.

You handled the Keyhole & carousal well for most of the laps. That is where a lot of people struggle.

I bet you can run mid 1:40's, if and when I get another track vehicle, I would love to run with you and together.
2SS/RS 400RWHP, Hurst Shifter, Vararam Tune model,SLP Loudmouth axle back, Pedders Camaro Pace Car Kit &, EP7323, PDUSACAM2800, EP1167, ZL1 Calipers, CTS-V rotors, ZL1 Wheels, GTO clutch resevoir, Pedders Camber plates.
Back Street Performance has done a great job with ALL my Performance & Suspension mods, highly recommend them (Rich@BSP) he's in my friends list.
TLSTWIN is offline   Reply With Quote