Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-30-2011, 11:20 AM   #15
Z4me

Drives: 2013 ZL1 IOM Vin #169
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-eatin-grin View Post
Slightly off topic but I bet that folks that modify muscle cars for a living have increased their yearly profits 400% or more since the Camaro came out. Not only are the Chevy guys beating down the doors...the Ford guys are scrambling back looking for more power...these are great times for all that love and work on and make parts for muscle cars! Wives of car enthusists...not so much

I dunno my wife is as excitited about me purchasing ZL1 as much as I am.
We have both discussed the color and cosmetic changes that we would
like to do. As far as her driving it, she's terrified to even test drive an SS. She has her eye on a Audi TT as her next car, there pretty nice with thier
four wheel drive and light wieght chasis. If she figure's out if it can be turbo charged I'm in trouble.
Z4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:21 AM   #16
Sales@Hennessey

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Sales@Hennessey
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Now we're getting somewhere
We already have the products to make this happen up to 700hp!
Sales@Hennessey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:29 AM   #17
Z4me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@Hennessey View Post
We already have the products to make this happen up to 700hp!

First I wanta thank you and all the other companies who make aftermarket
upgrades for the buyers of these cars to enjoy. I know its how you make
your livings and pay your bills, but without your contributions the ZL1 may not have been produced at all. With the R & D invested and the after market sales over the past couple of years, I believe this wieghed heavily with the GM powers to be to produce this car.

I look foward to seeing what you will be offering for the ZL1 after its been
released.

Last edited by Z4me; 03-30-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:24 PM   #18
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa
Right (on the) Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8GT4now View Post
Why not combine the solution in to a ZL1 HPE 750 package?

I agree wholeheartedly.

IMHO, this beast should have forged internals to begin with, but this is something that can be rectified.

Now that I know about the suspension on the ZL1, I think that will be a necessity.

Always pushing forward, always faster.

Too much is never enough.

Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:50 PM   #19
Maurdib

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT/RS Auto
I say Hennessy is the better choice for all A6 drivers as Chevy basically gave us the middle finger
Old 03-30-2011, 01:52 PM   #20
S-eatin-grin

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurdib View Post
I say Hennessy is the better choice for all A6 drivers as Chevy basically gave us the middle finger
Why do you say that? I hate to point out that you are the one that bought it...anyway a great-looking 312 hp 6 banger is pretty impressive! It's the aftermarket folks giving ya the finger...most of the performance products are for the 8 cylinder.
S-eatin-grin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:02 PM   #21
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
Quote:
There is a lot to consider...you can certainly buy a 2SS and modify it enough to eat the lunch of the ZL1 (as currently advertised) and probably about the same money.

Example: Camaro 2SS -------------------------36K
Stroker/blower with cam, clutch,fuel--20K
Suspension/drivetrain upgrades------- 7K
Wheels----------------------------- 5K

The downside of this is that there is very little resell for your mods, no warranty.

Hennessey--you will get some resell value but very narrow market for buyers (especially after the ZL1). Cost is more if you want the clutch, suspension wheels and drivetrain upgrades---and trust me...you will!

With the ZL1 you get stock upgraded suspension/drivetrain/wheels, modest supercharger with decent power (roughly 470hp to the wheels) and a warranty at a fair price...and will resale as a ZL1

I would have condsidered the ZL1 if they would have forged the internals, put a bigger supercharger on it...still for a production car it still blows the SS away....and folks will mod this car too...probably including Hennessey
I see what you are saying but an SS MSRP is 34 and I dont know what kind of clutch and blower would run you 20k and then 5 grand into rims. You must have some good taste. I wouldnt do rims and you can get a blower installed for about 7 and and a clutch for probably less than a thousand
Old 03-30-2011, 02:04 PM   #22
nards444

Quote:
Originally Posted by racebum View Post
Why wouldn't you want a Hennessey - less money, looks better, and you'll give up 40 hp and 60 lb torque with the new ZL1.

Those of you that think the ZL1 will be $50,000 are living in make-believe land. Think about it. Add wider wheels, 1/2 shafts and drive shaft to handle the hp, brakes, shocks, carbon hood, better traction control, a SUPERCHARGER....how much is a standard SS??? Take that and add just a few of the upgrades... WAY OVER $50,000.

Dont know how you can say that when the car hasnt come out. But if you take a 2ss At 34 grand add a charger for 5 grand that leaves you 10 grand for wheels, suspension and hood, which is about where everybody says this thing is going to land. You have remember this is mass produced and things like blowers and hoods are bought in bulk it doesnt cost the factory as much to produce.

I would like to know what Hennessey Charges for each package as well.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:07 PM   #23
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Why do you say that? I hate to point out that you are the one that bought it...anyway a great-looking 312 hp 6 banger is pretty impressive! It's the aftermarket folks giving ya the finger...most of the performance products are for the 8 cylinder.
I believe the OP is saying that because GM isn't offerring an automatic ZL1 at this point, that he's displeased I don't believe he means the LLT cars.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:12 PM   #24
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@Hennessey View Post

Hennessey Vehicles are recognized by the NADA Guides and carry a 3yr/36,000 mile warranty up to 600hp that is serviced by your local dealer. In short, if you want power and performance now, we have the options available. If you decide to wait on the ZL1, we will also have performance packages available for that as well!

James
Now for the big question... Do you think the modifications planned for the ZL1 would be put in the same catagory as your custom built cars and retain or gain your warranty offered?

Now that would be a sweet combo...
Old 03-30-2011, 02:12 PM   #25
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by nards444 View Post
I see what you are saying but an SS MSRP is 34 and I dont know what kind of clutch and blower would run you 20k and then 5 grand into rims. You must have some good taste. I wouldnt do rims and you can get a blower installed for about 7 and and a clutch for probably less than a thousand

dont forget to add the cost of install from the aftermarket company. unless you did all the work yourself. the parts may only cost XXX amount, but the labor costs need to be addressed as well when making this comparison
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:18 PM   #26
Z4me

Old 03-30-2011, 02:19 PM   #27
nards444

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
dont forget to add the cost of install from the aftermarket company. unless you did all the work yourself. the parts may only cost XXX amount, but the labor costs need to be addressed as well when making this comparison
I got you but you see install packages all the time for blower installs on here for 7-8 grand, just think the original responder had either wild taste for was exagerting.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:28 PM   #28
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by nards444 View Post
I got you but you see install packages all the time for blower installs on here for 7-8 grand, just think the original responder had either wild taste for was exagerting.

yeah, but we arent talking about other install packages, we are talking Hennessey packages. their prices most likely run a little different (good or bad) for their package cars. cus their cars arent just a supercharger install, its a full package deal. suspension, wheels, tires, etc.

and just as they'll tell you, you can get their base package for XXX amount, but you'll want the other little goodies that finish it off and maximize the car that will cost you a little extra in the end.

from their website:
Quote:

Additional Performance Options
also Available:
• HPE Premium Lightweight Wheels
• Torque Converter or Clutch Upgrade
• Full Coilover Suspension Kit
• And More!
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote