Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-18-2007, 02:25 PM   #29
SSRich

Drives: 1967 camaroSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post

is all I have to say....

and leave the darn gas cap alone!!!

...please?
lol +2 i love where it is.
SSRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 02:45 PM   #30
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Scott posted on another forum, that even if the Cap was in the same place...we wouldn't be able to see it from that picture.

Looking closer at what I got all excited about...it was just another triangle....damn poor resolution.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:43 PM   #31
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Scott posted on another forum, that even if the Cap was in the same place...we wouldn't be able to see it from that picture.

Looking closer at what I got all excited about...it was just another triangle....damn poor resolution.
I have been looking around on all of the auto-rag websites, and am really suprised that this picture isn't showing up on any of them... you would think with all of the hype this car is getting that that picture would have spread like wildfire!
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 08:50 AM   #32
Mr. Wyndham

Really? I've seen a few articles on places like autoblog, or Edmunds. I think I found one on motortrend too

I remember distinctly, that one article was called: "The hug heard round the World!"
Old 10-22-2007, 09:50 AM   #33
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
I loved that headline. It is indeed very true. I'm still looking forward to the real spy pics taken without a guy hugging the b-pillar and with a resolution greater than one megapixel.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:52 AM   #34
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Oh, and info is that the gas cap location wasn't that big of an issue. It's most likely going to stay put in the top not being moved to the side. It's one of those wow factors.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:43 PM   #35
SSRich

Drives: 1967 camaroSS
Quote:
Oh, and info is that the gas cap location wasn't that big of an issue. It's most likely going to stay put in the top not being moved to the side. It's one of those wow factors.
You got that right, im already a little mad about the B pilliar wouldnt be that bad if its like Fbodfather said but i wish the back window would roll down but i dont see that happening .
SSRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 04:27 PM   #36
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Woooohooo! Can I get an Amen?
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 02:14 AM   #37
JeepinMatt

Drives: '99 Wrangler
Hey fbod, enlighten us on weight

Maybe we should add that the target weight is 3300 pounds to the fact sheet.....

I can dream, can't I?

I'm obsessed with getting a lightweight car.
JeepinMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:11 PM   #38
Justcallme61

Drives: 2000 honda accord v6
What's so bad about b pillar? That just means that the back window doesn't roll down right?

And btw, since we kinda know the dimensions, wouldn't it be possible to guesstimate the weight of the car within a couple hundred pounds by comparing it to other vehicles weight/dimensions that are similar?
Justcallme61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:16 PM   #39
Mr. Wyndham

yes, and no...the trouble is, the shape, and materials plays a roll. And then there's the big, Huge factor that very few cars (if any) this relative size, rides on the Zeta platform. It's difficult to tell. But I should thing that your closest guess would be GTO /o G8, but shave off a few hundred, just because of relative size difference.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:52 PM   #40
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Best guess for the weight is about 3750 lbs. Most modern cars are very heavy because of new standards in comfort and safety. Think of all the stuff they had to do to the Corvette to get it down to under 3150 lbs, carbon fiber pannels, aluminum frame, balsa wood floor, magnesium roof, etc. And its an expensive high performance 2 seater. For an economical performance 4 seater, I wouldn't expect any of this to be used. So using conventional materials the corvette would probably be 3400-3500 lbs. Add 400 more for back seats and structural changes for the camaro, take off about 100 for reduced stiffeness and you get about 3750. Hell, thats still 400 lbs less than the Challenger. I actually had a friend who said, and I quote "Man, that Challenger looks like it would be a ton of fun" to which I replied "Actually it'll be around 2 tons of fun"
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum

Last edited by DGthe3; 10-24-2007 at 08:52 PM. Reason: typo
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 09:02 PM   #41
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Best guess for the weight is about 3750 lbs. Most modern cars are very heavy because of new standards in comfort and safety. Think of all the stuff they had to do to the Corvette to get it down to under 3150 lbs, carbon fiber pannels, aluminum frame, balsa wood floor, magnesium roof, etc. And its an expensive high performance 2 seater. For an economical performance 4 seater, I wouldn't expect any of this to be used. So using conventional materials the corvette would probably be 3400-3500 lbs. Add 400 more for back seats and structural changes for the camaro, take off about 100 for reduced stiffeness and you get about 3750. Hell, thats still 400 lbs less than the Challenger. I actually had a friend who said, and I quote "Man, that Challenger looks like it would be a ton of fun" to which I replied "Actually it'll be around 2 tons of fun"
mmm. The standard Coupe doesn't have an aluminum frame, or carbon fiber panels, nor (I think) balsa floor...
and it currently wieghs in at 3,217 lbs...just pointing that out. but I do agree. 3500 to 3700 is a realistic expectation IMHO...

btw, challenger joke was funny Did he get it? Cause it almost sounded like you think the Challenger would be more fun than he thinks.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:39 AM   #42
stevenm357

Drives: 98 Trans am 00 Trans am 01 corvette
great thread guys I'll keep looking..... As for gas spilling I actually think it will be less than conventional gas caps. because once you pull it out of the hole you can hold it up and let it drip a bit then move it over the fender??? am i right? just the thought of a realtor who buys WAY more than his fair share of gasoline.

I'm cheap.. i want all those little dripps that have hit the ground that I PAID FOR!

2001 Corvette
Heads,Big cam, 4:11, Custom Exhaust, MGW Shifter Baer Eradispeed +2 2 pieces rotors, Hotchkiss swaybars. and a few other little things.

1998 Trans Am A4 ( was STS turbo until the turbo and oil pump died)

2000 WS6 Trans AM under the knife ( sadly turned into long term project.
stevenm357 is offline   Reply With Quote