Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 01-18-2013, 11:38 PM   #1
2ssx2

Drives: 2013 2ss se/ 2009 cobalt ss
Bumper car car wash

So I hate my cats!!!! As I went out to take my wife to lunch in our new car today I find cat prints all over the hood. being OCD I cannot stand it. Brand new car. I swore to myself I would never go thru a car wash in my car. I picked up my wife and start bitching about her cats and what needs to happen to them and she proceeds to tell me about this eco friendly car wash up the street from work that people take their cars too because they are almost as good as hand wash. So we had a rare sunny day here and this place was real busy with only two kids working there. I pay my fine and proceed thru the car wash. wife and I are chatting and about half way thru it is just pouring in there and I spots what i think is tail light but i cannot tell. 10 second later boom I am running into the back of this vehicle by this time I am in shock and denial. this shit ain't happenin, then boom I smack into it again. now shock is starting to settle a little bit and my mind is registering this may be real. I look into my rear view mirror just in time for boom. I puts on the brakes and start cussing, my wife is yelling honk the horn and boom I hit the car in front of me again. I cannot get out of the vehicle because it is torrential down pour in there and the big side monster thinging wants to kill me. About that time they got it shut down. What is the moral of the story here my fellow camaro owner and inthusiasts? PS i did not kill anyone but it was touch and go for awhile. just had the clear bra installed the day before.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:57 PM   #2
moserbe

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
WTH is that place, bumper cars? I, as you, would have been freakin out.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:00 AM   #3
2ssx2

I bet it is going to cost 3000 minimum to fix it. They are supposed to call me Tomorrow.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:10 AM   #4
Fiveg56

Drives: -
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Sorry to hear....

Any pics???
Fiveg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:12 AM   #5
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I had some issues at the car wash (self wash even. You would think that would be safe ) at first they said they weren't going to cover it but then I sent in a dispute with the BBB. Then they covered the damage. Yours is a bit more obvious than mine was though so I am sure you'll be fine. Sucks though...how long have you had that thing? I would have murdered the cats lol.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:14 AM   #6
2ssx2

My car is three weeks old. I custom ordered it from the factory and waited for it to show up at dealer.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:15 AM   #7
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Dang bro that sucks!
Old 01-19-2013, 12:19 AM   #8
Slow SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (CGM)
I would be livid to say the least... Sorry to hear about this and hope your car is good as new soon!
Old 01-19-2013, 12:54 AM   #9
Z28COP

Drives: 2021 Crush ZLE
Get an Attorney and own that car wash and the company that made the track system......This is unbelievable!
1-27-21 3400 TPW 2-8-21
2-04-21 3800 Built
2-26-21. 4300
3-08-21 Delivered
Z28COP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:06 AM   #10
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
you think YOU have a cat problem? heck I just got used to seeing cat prints all over my car everyday, got a friggin "crazy cat lady" that lives next door, has about 20 damn cats, and we live out in the sticks, she believes she needs to take in every friggin stray cat that gets dumped and abandoned on our dirt road.....its starting to get old, the damn cats walk through the mud and decide to party on top of my car.
whats weird is the fact that they are "ninja" cats because I never see them, but every morning I have a fresh mud track over the top of my car!
Old 01-19-2013, 08:16 AM   #11
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'BlueCoupe View Post
you think YOU have a cat problem? heck I just got used to seeing cat prints all over my car everyday, got a friggin "crazy cat lady" that lives next door, has about 20 damn cats, and we live out in the sticks, she believes she needs to take in every friggin stray cat that gets dumped and abandoned on our dirt road.....its starting to get old, the damn cats walk through the mud and decide to party on top of my car.
whats weird is the fact that they are "ninja" cats because I never see them, but every morning I have a fresh mud track over the top of my car!
"ninja" cats...funny as hell man!
Old 01-19-2013, 08:58 AM   #12
kostnkost
Roof expert detail noob

Drives: 2013 BRM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'BlueCoupe View Post

I have installed this for people with bird problems here in NY and they work great. For some reason people still train pigeons out here, and they crap all over everything. With the ultra sound they do not come withing 200 yards of the sensor - http://www.bird-x.com/yard-gard-prod...hp?page_id=137

I believe they have one that works for dogs/cats as well. More humane than shooting them with a BB gun or regular gun.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:03 AM   #13
Habu

Drives: 2011 srt8 392 & 2010 2ss/rs
Nobody washes my cars but me! If you want it done right...

A Camaro sandwich is awful

MoveOverPeopleAreRacing!
Habu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:07 AM   #14
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
This is one of many reasons I don't go near a "guided" drive thru car wash. If I need a touch up and don't have time or the energy, I use the hand wand or no touch car wash.