Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 08-31-2011, 11:28 AM   #43
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Milner View Post
Really?? You're going to stick with that statement?? Thank goodness that's all you have on the subject. My gas guzzler tax remark made more sense than that and it appears as if everyone that jumped on me for that are now drinking from the same Kool Aid well.
Are you kidding?

My H/C Z28 was 440 rwhp. A no option car with some minor weight reduction that weighed 3296.

It would beat a 3700 lb 450 rwhp cobra vert.

Whats your problem?

Do you even own an ls1 car? Do you know that H/C stock bottom end ls1 cars have went 9's in the 1/4 N/A?
DO you even know what H/C stands for?
I am thinking not or you wouldnt have called me out and made another post to rival your gas guzzler post...

Or am I missing some kind of sarcasm?...

Either way I dont appreciate the attitude for no reason from a 29 poster like yourself.

Last edited by ULTRAZLS1; 08-31-2011 at 11:42 AM.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:32 AM   #44
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSS3108 View Post
Take some pride in what your camaro is capable of. Just because you suck as a driver and can't beat one doesn't mean we suck at driving too.
Sig worthy
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:03 PM   #45
John Milner

Drives: mullets insane
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Are you kidding?

My H/C Z28 was 440 rwhp. A no option car with some minor weight reduction that weighed 3296.

It would beat a 3700 lb 450 rwhp cobra vert.

Whats your problem?

Do you even own an ls1 car? Do you know that H/C stock bottom end ls1 cars have went 9's in the 1/4 N/A?
DO you even know what H/C stands for?
I am thinking not or you wouldnt have called me out and made another post to rival your gas guzzler post...

Or am I missing some kind of sarcasm?...

Either way I dont appreciate the attitude for no reason from a 29 poster like yourself.
I will try and curb the attitude when dealing with you. You throw blanket statements out there. Now you're talking about a weight reduced Z28 with a top end going against a stock convertible Cobra?? You're all over the place. Big deal, a stock bottom end LS1 going 9's, it had more than heads and cam buddy, see, another blanket statement by you. How many 9 sec passes did that stock bottom end see before it had to be pulled apart? Do you even know to claim a Heads/Cam (yay, I know what it stands for) LS1 is beating up on a Terminator Cobra with any mods is just funny to hear about? One running 9's is even more hysterical. Realize that you're typing on a forum to a bunch of people that know nothing of your weight reduced, heads/cam race car...
I'm not disrespecting you, I don't even know you but your post stood out like a Cobra at a Z28 meet
John Milner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:24 PM   #46
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Milner View Post
I will try and curb the attitude when dealing with you. You throw blanket statements out there. Now you're talking about a weight reduced Z28 with a top end going against a stock convertible Cobra?? You're all over the place. Big deal, a stock bottom end LS1 going 9's, it had more than heads and cam buddy, see, another blanket statement by you. How many 9 sec passes did that stock bottom end see before it had to be pulled apart? Do you even know to claim a Heads/Cam (yay, I know what it stands for) LS1 is beating up on a Terminator Cobra with any mods is just funny to hear about? One running 9's is even more hysterical. Realize that you're typing on a forum to a bunch of people that know nothing of your weight reduced, heads/cam race car...
I'm not disrespecting you, I don't even know you but your post stood out like a Cobra at a Z28 meet
No.

It was a full street trim and full interior H/C ls1 car with air conditioning and 90k miles. Running pump gas with a set of off the shelf ported heads and a mild comp cam from tsp. How is a blank statement H/C with minor weight reduction? that is exactly what it was. Race car? lol...no. Just your average heads and cam ls1 car that I put together in my garage with hand tools over two days that cost about 3k for the heads/cam swap including tune. Do you really own an ls1 car?

The weight reduction consisted of a removed spare and jack, dumped exaust, removed smog pump and some heat shielding. About 75 lbs worth I would guess. The car was a no option car and was in the 33xxlb range when stock anyways. Seems like you would already know these kind of things about 4th gens if you own one.

Regardless a regular weight strong running h/c ls1 car will beat a pully exhaust tune cobra most of the time anyways. They make about the same power and one car has a decent weight advantage. If you go big/expensive with the build a H/C ls1 can reach 500rwhp widening the gap even further.

It was the cobra I was talking about in the post that I had ridden in. 450 rwhp tune, pulley, exhaust. Since when do stock cobras make 450rwhp? When did I say I beat a stock cobra? WTF???

And yes...plenty of heads and cam ls1 cars have hit 9's. Obviously purpose built cars with weight reduction etc. But still a H/C stock bottom end...but that wasnt the point. I dont know how long they lasted. Ask texas-speed...they are on the forum often. Their car went 9.7 I believe...check it out on their website texas-speed.com.

It is funny that a h/c ls1 car will beat a cobra with mods?

Once again...are you serious? OR just not used to talking with people that know a thing or two about the subject and can call you out?

Let me spell it out for you.

Regular H/C 4th gen @ 34-3500 lbs and ~450rwhp > Tune/pulley 03/04 cobra at 36-3700 lbs and ~450rwhp.

Why is this a funny/incorrect statement? Why would this stand out in any way shape or form?

Do some more homework.

You have to port the blower on an 03 cobra to run with an above average H/C build

Last edited by ULTRAZLS1; 08-31-2011 at 12:47 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:52 PM   #47
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
No.

It was a full street trim and full interior H/C ls1 car with air conditioning and 90k miles. Running pump gas with a set of off the shelf ported heads and a mild comp cam from tsp. How is a blank statement H/C with minor weight reduction? that is exactly what it was. Race car? lol...no. Just your average heads and cam ls1 car that I put together in my garage with hand tools over two days that cost about 3k for the heads/cam swap including tune. Do you really own an ls1 car?

The weight reduction consisted of a removed spare and jack, dumped exaust, removed smog pump and some heat shielding. About 75 lbs worth I would guess. The car was a no option car and was in the 33xxlb range when stock anyways. Seems like you would already know these kind of things about 4th gens if you own one.

Regardless a regular weight strong running h/c ls1 car will beat a pully exhaust tune cobra most of the time anyways. They make about the same power and one car has a decent weight advantage. If you go big/expensive with the build a H/C ls1 can reach 500rwhp widening the gap even further.

It was the cobra I was talking about in the post that I had ridden in. 450 rwhp tune, pulley, exhaust. Since when do stock cobras make 450rwhp? When did I say I beat a stock cobra? WTF???

And yes...plenty of heads and cam ls1 cars have hit 9's. Obviously purpose built cars with weight reduction etc. But still a H/C stock bottom end...but that wasnt the point. I dont know how long they lasted. Ask texas-speed...they are on the forum often. Their car went 9.7 I believe...check it out on their website texas-speed.com.

Once again...are you serious? OR just not used to talking with people that know a thing or two about the subject and can call you out?

Regular H/C 4th gen @ 34-3500 lbs and ~450rwhp > Tune/pulley 03/04 cobra at 36-3700 lbs and ~450rwhp.

Why is this a funny/incorrect statement? Why would this stand out in any way shape or form?

Do some more homework.

You have to port the blower on an 03 cobra to run with an above average H/C build
:troll:
Old 08-31-2011, 12:59 PM   #48
SilverSS3108

Drives: 2010 silver SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
Sig worthy
Old 08-31-2011, 01:02 PM   #49
SilverSS3108

Doesn't TSP have a 4th gen running 9s on stock bottom end with NO power adders?!
Old 08-31-2011, 01:02 PM   #50
KungFuHamster

Drives: Black SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by macwest View Post
terminator had IRS.
the 99 and 01 Cobras have an IRS as well.
KungFuHamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:06 PM   #51
CAMAROZL1

Drives: Point A to B Car until ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
:troll:
Old 08-31-2011, 01:10 PM   #52
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Ultraz, the only thing I disagree with in your post is comparing a 450rwhp h/c ls1 to a 450rwhp pullied cobra. 450rwhp is higher than your typical street h/c ls1. Most i have seen do low 400s. Meanwhile, 450rwhp is about average on a 2.8" pullied cobra and they'll typically make considerably more torque than 450. Some of the more aggressive setups make ~470rwhp and near 500 ft lbs.

I do agree with you however that a 450rwhp ls1 will pull a 450rwhp cobra all day long for the most part.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:13 PM   #53
SilverSS3108

Old 08-31-2011, 01:44 PM   #54
Zman12

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad70supreme View Post
I look forward to that , it all depends on how much boost the stang puts out but my money is on the cammed LS3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuHamster View Post
the 99 and 01 Cobras have an IRS as well.
And they were turds
Old 08-31-2011, 01:50 PM   #55
John Milner

Drives: mullets insane
Quote:
No.

Do some more homework.

I'm going by experience and from what I've seen. A modded LS1 is not to be taken lightly but look at some of the stuff you're saying. You add lib to your convenience. A convertible Terminator running a 4th Gen with weight reduction and nearly the same HP is obviously going to favor the 4th Gen. You didn't say a word about the fact the Cobra was a vert or that SOME amount of weight reduction occurred with the Camaro. If you're going to beat your chest about something, tell the whole story. I'm not calling you out, so knock it off with that kind of context as you're doing nothing but attempting to lure me into an argument. You don't seem to know much about what's behind the statements you're throwing out there or you wouldn't be telling me to look stuff up that YOU posted LOL! Anyway, congrats to you for all you accomplished with that car as it sounds like it was one bad ass budget build that could really tear some stuff up.

As for you all screaming "Ban" and "Troll", don't do that everytime someone doesn't want to play in your sand box, it makes you look foolish.
John Milner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:08 PM   #56
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro View Post
Ultraz, the only thing I disagree with in your post is comparing a 450rwhp h/c ls1 to a 450rwhp pullied cobra. 450rwhp is higher than your typical street h/c ls1. Most i have seen do low 400s. Meanwhile, 450rwhp is about average on a 2.8" pullied cobra and they'll typically make considerably more torque than 450. Some of the more aggressive setups make ~470rwhp and near 500 ft lbs.

I do agree with you however that a 450rwhp ls1 will pull a 450rwhp cobra all day long for the most part.
This used to be the case. Low 400's is a very mild build these days. In the past 5 years the cam grinds and heads have gotten a lot better.

It all depends on your build. They can range form 420 RWHP to just over 500 RWHP. Their is a member here I seen recently with a nice street-able build making 508 I believe.

I had an average build. Ported LS6 heads. Comp 228/230 .558/.592 112 LSA XER lobe cam. LS6 intake and ported stock throttle body. Made 440 RWHP.

I have been checking the numbers lately and quite a few set ups are going 450+RWHP. This was not the case about 5 years ago...so I know where you are coming from.

An AFR or trick flow head (and some other Im sure) with a medium sized cam is good for 450rwhp all day long. The larger cammed cars are getting 480-500 quite often. (M6 obviously)

Either way...my statement about my old car being faster than the 03 vert I rode in was far from out of line...just kind of bugged me that I got called out on it by a fresh member with an attitude problem.

Last edited by ULTRAZLS1; 08-31-2011 at 03:27 PM.