Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-16-2010, 06:42 PM   #15
Camaro Freak

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT 334HP
Yes, I purchased one and absolutely love it!! 14 day money back quarentee.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:45 PM   #16
Camaro Freak

Sellers name on ebay is- auto-spoilers-and-trim
Old 03-16-2010, 06:48 PM   #17
oneinch

Drives: 2002 Ford F150 4WD
You should be able to install the spoiler yourself. If it doesn't come with a template you should easily be able to make one. Tape off the back of the car, position the spoiler, mark the studs, drill. You can do this.

67 GTO - Just curious... after drilling your holes, what did you do to protect the bare metal you exposed?
oneinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:11 PM   #18
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Freak View Post
Yes, I purchased one and absolutely love it!! 14 day money back quarentee.

I see that you too have an IOM Camaro, is that the color spoiler you got too? Did it match the paint color of the car well enough for your liking? I was thinking about going with a black spoiler (gloss or flat) not sure if the decals or gloss or flat from the factory. My Camaro is not here yet but I have been lining up the add-ons and goodies. Looking to buy this same spoiler. Just need some help on the color. Thanks
rtcat600man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:15 PM   #19
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneinch View Post
You should be able to install the spoiler yourself. If it doesn't come with a template you should easily be able to make one. Tape off the back of the car, position the spoiler, mark the studs, drill. You can do this.

67 GTO - Just curious... after drilling your holes, what did you do to protect the bare metal you exposed?
There was another thread that I can't find at the moment that talked about painting the holes with auto paint, put a silicone bead around the hole to keep water out. And use lock-tite on the threads. I copied his install and have it on a word doc. just now waiting for my spoiler (see post above) and my Camaro.
Thanks.

PS: other persons install instructions:

I just installed my OEM GM Spoiler last weekend. I took a piece of cardboard and cut it to fit the underside of the spoiler and punched out the holes in the cardboard for the studs. I laid it on the trunk and marked my holes. I then drilled the holes. Be careful not to let the drill slide off the shiny paint. I drilled holes larger than the studs to allow for movement before tightening. Then touched up the holes with touch-up paint. I applied a thin layer of clear silicone around each hole to make sure to water leaked. Set the spoiler down, tightened it up, put lock-tite on the threads and DONE! Looks great!
Old 03-16-2010, 07:16 PM   #20
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
template..drill a few holes..viola!
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:18 PM   #21
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Quote:

Just checked Ebay. Funny that is the one on my WATCH list.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:21 PM   #22
DCrews

Drives: inferno / white
Quote:

Thanks. I just checked out this site and a lot of people are very happy with this guys products. If we get the car this weekend as planned I will be ordering one of these spoilers soon. The dealer is supposed to 'throw in' a stripe package to seal the deal. If he come through I will need to order some stripe extensions for the spoiler as well.
DCrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:25 PM   #23
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneinch View Post

I used GM yellow touch up paint to coat the drilled holes.

GMPP exhaust/JBA shorties/Vararam CAI/VMax TB/SLP Pulley/VMax IM isolator/MACE Ported IM +Plenum Spacer/IPF Tuned
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:00 PM   #24
BRKLYN
Account Suspended

Drives: 98 C-5, Chev/Venture, VTX1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNOLMT View Post
I'm sure there are people on here that are capable of mounting a wing on their own ..

But I would personally take it to a body shop and have a pro do it.
I installed a few with the 80,s Monte Carlos SS, Also installed on a Cavalier, got it from the grave yard. And I painted too. Use common sense and have tools.
BRKLYN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 01:12 AM   #25
Camaro Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
I see that you too have an IOM Camaro, is that the color spoiler you got too? Did it match the paint color of the car well enough for your liking? I was thinking about going with a black spoiler (gloss or flat) not sure if the decals or gloss or flat from the factory. My Camaro is not here yet but I have been lining up the add-ons and goodies. Looking to buy this same spoiler. Just need some help on the color. Thanks
Yeah, the color was dead-on. Looks great. When you order, you have to pick your paint code and they have practically any paint code for a whole array of cars. Oh, by the way, I did have mine painted IOM. At first I was kind of sceptic about ordering it, but he told me if the spoiler didn't match I could return it for a full-refund. So I took a chance and I am glad I did. At $110 its a SUPER deal.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:18 AM   #26
Camaro Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCrews View Post
Thanks. I just checked out this site and a lot of people are very happy with this guys products. If we get the car this weekend as planned I will be ordering one of these spoilers soon. The dealer is supposed to 'throw in' a stripe package to seal the deal. If he come through I will need to order some stripe extensions for the spoiler as well.
You can order the stripe extensions thru forum member Organgrinder. Here is his website link-
http://www.thecamarodecalstore.com/
Old 03-17-2010, 04:46 AM   #27
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Quote:
Yeah, the color was dead-on. Looks great. When you order, you have to pick your paint code and they have practically any paint code for a whole array of cars. Oh, by the way, I did have mine painted IOM. At first I was kind of sceptic about ordering it, but he told me if the spoiler didn't match I could return it for a full-refund. So I took a chance and I am glad I did. At $110 its a SUPER deal.

Perfect..........Thanks for the feedback. I will order the IOM spoiler or the black one.......not sure which way I want to go yet.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:18 PM   #28
DCrews

Drives: inferno / white
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCrews View Post
Well....the dealer called today and said our car was here a couple of days ealy. So now it is in my garage...and yep, I just ordered the spoiler. I guess it is official now. I am a Camaro owner. Kind of like it too.
DCrews is offline   Reply With Quote