Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-23-2013, 11:07 AM   #1
joe h

Drives: victory red 2010 camaro 2ss/rs
Sell my red 2010 ss?

Been given an offer that is probably too good to pass, 31,000, thousand more than blue book. I bought the car January 2010 at 33,000 because my dealer was having a difficult time moving them with the bankruptcy and recession. Only 6,000 miles on it, but the stress with owning it is almost too much. The paint is ridiculously brittle, I've had it in three times because of scratches or paint chips. Also, it is almost like gm has a stop order on fixing their defects, always a fight trying to get warranty work done. On top of that you have all the ticking time bombs(heater core leaking, oil cooler leaking, rear seal, oil pan seal, drive shaft, ac compressor, and the one I fear most, the oil pump.)

But at the same time I love this car and I know I will regret getting rid of it. Any thoughts, or should I just let the damn thing go and forget about ever owning it. And there is just no way I'm ever buying another, once it's gone, the money is sitting the bank.
joe h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:10 AM   #2
wheelio
Banned

Drives: camaro v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe h View Post
Been given an offer that is probably too good to pass, 31,000, thousand more than blue book. I bought the car January 2010 at 33,000 because my dealer was having a difficult time moving them with the bankruptcy and recession. Only 6,000 miles on it, but the stress with owning it is almost too much. The paint is ridiculously brittle, I've had it in three times because of scratches or paint chips. Also, it is almost like gm has a stop order on fixing their defects, always a fight trying to get warranty work done. On top of that you have all the ticking time bombs(heater core leaking, oil cooler leaking, rear seal, oil pan seal, drive shaft, ac compressor, and the one I fear most, the oil pump.)

But at the same time I love this car and I know I will regret getting rid of it. Any thoughts, or should I just let the damn thing go and forget about ever owning it. And there is just no way I'm ever buying another, once it's gone, the money is sitting the bank.
let it go... Life is too short for a car to be giving you stress.

Last edited by wheelio; 08-23-2013 at 11:25 AM.
wheelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:17 AM   #3
tmcclint

Drives: 2014 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe h View Post

I haven't even bought mine yet and i'm worried i'll stress over the paint. If you think you'd have less stress getting rid of it, i say do it. But if the permagrin you get when driving it, out weighs the stress, then keep it.
tmcclint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:23 AM   #4
SCHMIZE

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
at first i thought it read 31,000 over bluebook n thought you were crazy for not taking it! haha anyways, that seems like the price is right n i'd probably let it go at that price n i love mine.. That's not a bad loss for a couple years of ownership, i like switching vehicles. Variety is the spice of life!
Old 08-23-2013, 11:56 AM   #5
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
I don't know if it's an age thing or not, but it sure seems there are way to many folks over stressing about their cars. There is nothing in life, that should cause the amount of stress folks are talking about. There are many, IMO that should seek professional help if the little things are causing issues like this in their life.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:09 PM   #6
RA1987

Drives: SS
Sell it , drink water and drive on.
RA1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:11 PM   #7
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
I'm not being sarcastic here... If it was me I'd sell it, pocket the cash, and then wait for the next gen Mustang or Camaro.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #8
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
Sell it no need to be paralyzed with fear.
ssrs2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #9
matthew9440

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Keep it. You can't replace it with anything nicer for 31k.

matthew9440 is offline   Reply With Quote