Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 12-27-2009, 10:59 PM   #1
tmac1granger33
NM HT5

Drives: COTW 3/5/12
Going into dealership with Cash

hey guys when I sell My charger I might be able to go into a dealership with 20 thousand cash. Im looking at an LS with auto tranny Ive seen some online for around 22k. Basically do dealerships bite on cash Im guessing not. Can you go in And say Ill give you guys 20k cash for this car?

Im 18 no credit or cosigner FYI. Do you think Ill be financed for the other 4 thousand cash from my credit union?.I just need that extra push. My cars depreciating in Value

I feel my best bet is to tell my credit union "I have 19 grand i need a loan for 6k!" then I could buy my Camaro!, pay my insurance, buy Some mods! And be able to live my life lol

The times getting closer!...

this is the price I want except in SW. I sure hope a dealer will match this!
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national
tmac1granger33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 06:49 AM   #2
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac1granger33 View Post
hey guys when I sell My charger I might be able to go into a dealership with 20 thousand cash. Im looking at an LS with auto tranny Ive seen some online for around 22k. Basically do dealerships bite on cash Im guessing not. Can you go in And say Ill give you guys 20k cash for this car?

Im 18 no credit or cosigner FYI. Do you think Ill be financed for the other 4 thousand cash from my credit union?.I just need that extra push. My cars depreciating in Value

I feel my best bet is to tell my credit union "I have 19 grand i need a loan for 6k!" then I could buy my Camaro!, pay my insurance, buy Some mods! And be able to live my life lol

Probably not. But there's definitely no reason they shouldn't be able to finance the balance, I'll tell you that much. What the hell would your payment even be? 50 bucks? Go get it, man.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:21 AM   #3
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Never tell a salesman you are paying cash for the whole amount until after you agree on a price and get the papers wrote up. The reason, there is no profit in accepting cash and they are a lot less willing to knock $3,000 off the price if they know you are paying cash then they would if they think you are financing though them.

As for the loan, it shouldn't be a problem. Tell them you are buying a new car and paying cash and only need $4-$6k to pay the rest. You'll get the loan because if you default, the car and your $20k becomes theirs. It's a win-win for the bank.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:27 AM   #4
Al Robinson
RACKM

Drives: 2001 Mazda MilleniaS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac1granger33 View Post

Once you settle on a price they will be asking you for your SSN to check your credit score or they will ask how you are paying for it. Early in the process the subject of your $20k will come up. Just tell them what your intentions are.
Al Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:25 AM   #5
Shifty 6

Drives: 2010 GTI
Its all cash to the dealership. Even if you finance, the dealer gets paid immediately. Most are set up to actually write the check to themselves, and sign for the bank while they print up the loan contract.
Shifty 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:35 PM   #6
tmac1granger33
NM HT5

Drives: COTW 3/5/12
thanks for the help everyone. Im positive I should get the loan.hopefully
tmac1granger33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:54 PM   #7
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
The days of being able to make deals with cash are long gone. They have to report all cash deals to the IRS over $10k anyway. Its all cash to them... and they make money on financing.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:15 PM   #8
jrboyd_1980
A ***'s Headache

Drives: Everything
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Never tell a salesman you are paying cash for the whole amount until after you agree on a price and get the papers wrote up. The reason, there is no profit in accepting cash and they are a lot less willing to knock $3,000 off the price if they know you are paying cash then they would if they think you are financing though them.

As for the loan, it shouldn't be a problem. Tell them you are buying a new car and paying cash and only need $4-$6k to pay the rest. You'll get the loan because if you default, the car and your $20k becomes theirs. It's a win-win for the bank.
Cash and Financing are the same thing to the dealership. The Banks are the one that make money through financing, Not the Dealership.
jrboyd_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:23 PM   #9
StealthMan

Drives: 88 IROC-Z Convert, 08 Jeep Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrboyd_1980 View Post
Cash and Financing are the same thing to the dealership. The Banks are the one that make money through financing, Not the Dealership.
Not true..the dealerships do make money on the financing (at least most of them do) as they get a % of the yield on the financing (or a spiff upfront) for placing the loan with a bank they have a relationship with.

Just my 02 cents...
StealthMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 06:15 PM   #10
scythezo6
Virologist in the making

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS LS3
Dealerships do make some money off the financing, whether they get cash or money its all the same in terms of money being transfered in time. Pay cash - dealer gets money for the car, finance - the car gets bought from the dealership by the lending bank.