Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-26-2013, 06:38 PM   #1
11syn3rgy
JT Synergy RS/2SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS/2SS (L99) Synergy
Magnuson TVS 2300 purchase!

Hey guys,

I just purchased a new Magnuson (or "Maggie" as you guys call it) TVS 2300 and I am really excited! I've wanted one forever and I finally pulled the trigger. NICE!!!

The reason for the post was to ask some advice on fuel injectors and BAP requirements with my current set-up. I already have LT headers, high-flow cats, Borla S-type axle back and a SCT tuner from Jannetty. I'm well aware that Ted will need to upgrade my tune, but looking for advice on anything that I might be missing? This blower should give me plenty of room to grow, but to be honest, I "think" I will be more than happy with the additional 120HP(?) that she should generate in "stock" form! Who knows? I really don't want to go crazy with HUGE injectors since I really think this will be all I need for quite a while. Not looking to make her a beast, just a killer street car, with the occasional drag strip thrown in for fun.

Any advice is much appreciated. There's NO WAY I'm going to sleep tonight anyways! HA!!!! I fell like a little kid at Christmas.

Thanks!
John
11syn3rgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:47 PM   #2
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
If you stick with the stock pulley, 3.8, you don't need either a bap or injectors. I believe you can even bump up to the 3.6 and be fine.

You're in gd hands with Ted. If you are approaching an area where the mods are necessary he will let you know. He won't let you drive around unsafe.

Gd luck!!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:56 PM   #3
11syn3rgy
JT Synergy RS/2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
If you stick with the stock pulley, 3.8, you don't need either a bap or injectors. I believe you can even bump up to the 3.6 and be fine.

You're in gd hands with Ted. If you are approaching an area where the mods are necessary he will let you know. He won't let you drive around unsafe.

Gd luck!!
I appreciate that. That's what is interesting. Ted recommended that I install 80lb injectors? Doesn't that seem like overkill for my set up? Any idea what the 3.6 pully will increase my boost to? I believe the stock pully is around 6-7 psi? Seems like I could do a little more boost than that without getting too crazy. At what level should I think about the BAP? I really don't know anything about them and I want to make sure that I'm not hurting my car. Especially since I'm kissing my warranty buh bye.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:10 PM   #4
Mchlgrrsn
Stroked and blown

Drives: 2010 LS3 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11syn3rgy View Post
I appreciate that. That's what is interesting. Ted recommended that I install 80lb injectors? Doesn't that seem like overkill for my set up? Any idea what the 3.6 pully will increase my boost to? I believe the stock pully is around 6-7 psi? Seems like I could do a little more boost than that without getting too crazy. At what level should I think about the BAP? I really don't know anything about them and I want to make sure that I'm not hurting my car. Especially since I'm kissing my warranty buh bye.

It's a good idea to follow the advice of your tuner/builder. If your going to raise the boost, make sure your fuel system is in order. Better safe than sorry. IMHO
LME 416 LS3 shortblock/Callies Compstar 4340 4"crank/Callies 6.125 H beams rods/Wiesco 4.07 forged pistons/Cam Motion custom LS1/LME ported heads /maggie TVS2300/I West 8rib 10%OD /3.2 pulley/OD cog drive/JRE tensioner/ID850 /ADM dual fuel/Kooks LT 1 7/8/magna flow2.5 /cat delete/Roto Fab CAI /MGW short throw /SPEC super twin clutch/G Force built trans,carbon syncro rear shaft upgrade /DSS 9"single CF DS /Strange 3.70/31 spline trutrac/MT DR's/earls oil cooler /tuned KHC
Mchlgrrsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:27 PM   #5
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchlgrrsn View Post
It's a good idea to follow the advice of your tuner/builder. If your going to raise the boost, make sure your fuel system is in order. Better safe than sorry. IMHO

Agreed

Quote:

You'll loose a little boost with the headers. The 3.8 is like 6 psi and the 3.6 is about 8psi.

Are you l99 or ls3? If you're shooting for 500 rwhp you shouldn't need a bap or injectors. I used the Maggie injectors at 550 rwhp and had no issues.

Ted isn't going to sell you something you don't need so your best bet is to ask him why on the 80lb injectors? Seems like overkill to me but that's his job to know what's best.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:39 PM   #6
11syn3rgy
JT Synergy RS/2SS

Quote:
Agreed

You'll loose a little boost with the headers. The 3.8 is like 6 psi and the 3.6 is about 8psi.

Are you l99 or ls3? If you're shooting for 500 rwhp you shouldn't need a bap or injectors. I used the Maggie injectors at 550 rwhp and had no issues.

Ted isn't going to sell you something you don't need so your best bet is to ask him why on the 80lb injectors? Seems like overkill to me but that's his job to know what's best.
I have the L99. To be clear, this "tuner" kit from Magnuson does not come with injectors so if I don't purchase them, I will be left with the stock Chevy injectors.

I guess we'll see how Ted replies to my last email. Just wanted to educate myself before he responds. I def trust his advice. He's been great!!
Old 06-26-2013, 07:48 PM   #7
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
I have the L99. To be clear, this "tuner" kit from Magnuson does not come with injectors so if I don't purchase them, I will be left with the stock Chevy injectors.

I guess we'll see how Ted replies to my last email. Just wanted to educate myself before he responds. I def trust his advice. He's been great!!

You never said you were buying a tuner kit with no injectors. That makes sense why Ted said go with xyz injectors.

I'd would get what he wants you do. Prob the ID 850's. a little extra money but well worth it. There's nothing more important than the fuel system to your car.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:50 PM   #8
11syn3rgy
JT Synergy RS/2SS

Quote:
You never said you were buying a tuner kit with no injectors. That makes sense why Ted said go with xyz injectors.

I'd would get what he wants you do. Prob the ID 850's. a little extra money but well worth it. There's nothing more important than the fuel system to your car.
Ok, thanks. Sorry I forgot to mention that this kit didn't come with injectors. My bad
Old 06-26-2013, 07:53 PM   #9
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Ok, thanks. Sorry I forgot to mention that this kit didn't come with injectors. My bad
Harmless mistake but at least now it adds up why Ted wanted you to buy injectors.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:51 PM   #10
11syn3rgy
JT Synergy RS/2SS

Quote:
Harmless mistake but at least now it adds up why Ted wanted you to buy injectors.
That was one of the main reasons for me to post this. Wanted to get some suggestions on which size and brand to buy? I know the Jannetty sells ID850 injectors and I don't doubt that they are the best, but I'm not about to spend $1,000 on injectors. Maybe if I was running huge HP numbers like some of you guys, but hardly seems justified for my set up?

Thoughts.

Thanks guys!
Old 06-26-2013, 09:03 PM   #11
Mchlgrrsn
Stroked and blown

Your not gonna like my answer ... I'd 850's ... Haven't heard a single bad thing about them. I got them and they do what they are supposed to do.
LME 416 LS3 shortblock/Callies Compstar 4340 4"crank/Callies 6.125 H beams rods/Wiesco 4.07 forged pistons/Cam Motion custom LS1/LME ported heads /maggie TVS2300/I West 8rib 10%OD /3.2 pulley/OD cog drive/JRE tensioner/ID850 /ADM dual fuel/Kooks LT 1 7/8/magna flow2.5 /cat delete/Roto Fab CAI /MGW short throw /SPEC super twin clutch/G Force built trans,carbon syncro rear shaft upgrade /DSS 9"single CF DS /Strange 3.70/31 spline trutrac/MT DR's/earls oil cooler /tuned KHC
Old 06-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #12
Slickcas

Drives: 12' 2SS/RS LS3 IBM
You can find the injectors that come with the magnuson for sale all the time on this site. As most people pull them out with VERY little use or never even use them at all. Look under the Members Classifieds - V8 parts also under Forced Induction. Yes the ID850 are the top dog. But it's your cash and for $200 or so you can pick up some injectors that will get you to 500-550rwhp just fine.
People will beat you to death for it and tell you to just get the ID850s now because you will always want more power so why not be ready for it. But in the end your the one paying the bill.
Slickcas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #13
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

[QUOTE=11syn3rgy;6720814]That was one of the main reasons for me to post this. Wanted to get some suggestions on which size and brand to buy? I know the Jannetty sells ID850 injectors and I don't doubt that they are the best, but I'm not about to spend $1,000 on injectors. Maybe if I was running huge HP numbers like some of you guys, but hardly seems justified for my set up?

Thoughts.

Thanks guys![/QUOTE

Just get a set of the ls9 injectors. The ones that comes with the TVS kit. I didn't move to the ID's until over 600 rwhp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchlgrrsn View Post
Your not gonna like my answer ... I'd 850's ... Haven't heard a single bad thing about them. I got them and they do what they are supposed to do.
Correct. You need them, the OP doesn't..... Yet.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:25 PM   #14
Mchlgrrsn
Stroked and blown

Lol ^^^^^ I know all about yet

Tags
maggie, magnacharger, magnuson supercharger