Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

View Poll Results: T Tops or Carbon Fiber?
T Tops 14 73.68%
Carbon Fiber Conversion (Fenders, doors, etc) 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2012, 02:34 AM   #743
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
still looking to sell my rims if anyone is interested!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220634

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:35 PM   #744
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Still haven't got the car tuned yet....but did get some cool stuff in the mail the past few days!

Updated DSS aluminum driveshaft. This will hopefully be installed this week!

My first HKS SSQV4 BOV arrived last night to, just need to buy 2 flanges and one more BOC (I'll be running dual BOVs)

I also received my new fuel fittings and hose. All the fittings will be black anodized -8 fittings, and the hose will be black as well! Time to start cleaning up the engine bay to make it look more presentable!

I also plan on installing my backup camera that I've had forever this weekend.

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
Old 08-30-2012, 06:01 PM   #745
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Dude you're way over my head, lol

What is that?

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:01 PM   #746
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0b0y View Post
Got the Ozmo carbon fiber intake installed over this past week. We ran into a couple issues, but nothing big. The intake tube needed to be modified a tad because the TB sticks out a little further than stock; nothing a little welding cant help! We also switched from the red aeromotive fuel rails to polished fuel rails for a cleaner look.

I was able to do a lot myself, taking off the intake, swapping injectors, and reconnecting the fuel rails and system up.

All I can say about the intake is.....wow! looks freaking awesome in my engine bay!

Once I get some time, the heads will be coming off as well as the valley cover, so I can polish them to a shine to match the runners!

Here's a couple pictures of the install and what it looks like right now.

Removing the stock intake manifold

Modifiying the intake pipe

Finished product.....sorta!

From the last picture, a small part of the tube is hitting the hood. I will be taking off a little more of the intake tube on the bottom so hopefully it won't rub anymore. I will also be taking off the intake tube, removing the powercoating, and polishing it myself for a cleaner look.
Damn that shit looks shexy!

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:01 PM   #747
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Wow, your build is epic! The tron wrap is amazing!!! Quick question, what turn signal bulbs are those because they look sick in the pictures!

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:42 PM   #748
RBD

Drives: 2013 SS/RS Convertible
Hope you get a spot at SEMA......
RBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:54 PM   #749
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBDesigns View Post
Hope you get a spot at SEMA......
Shooting for Toyo.....

Just wanted to post up what I started on today to clean up the engine bay.

I started by undoing my current fuel fittings

To get the fittings off the back of the fuel rail, I needed to take off the fuel rails, and realized I loaned my hex tools to my friend! So I was at a standstill. One thing I've never been happy with is the heater hoses, so those came off the engine and I figured that I wanted to route them out of sight; took measurements and got some more tubing ordered today.

Also I didn't care for the look of the EVAP solenoid or line, so those got taken off and will be mounted next to the computer.

I also removed the methanol tank and will be sanding it down a little a spraying it black.

I'm also rewrapping some of the electrical lines with heat shrink to give it a cleaner look.

I also removed the intake tube and will be removing the powdercoat. I plan on polishing it to a shine, if I run into issues I'll just have it powdercoated black.

Tomorrow I'll be finishing up the fuel lines, then will work on rewrapping the electrical wires in harness tape and heatshrink.

I also ordered some more fittings to redo the water vapor line and the hose that connects to the radiator!

There's just more and more that I want to do!

Thanks for the writeup Nathan; it's been a HUGE help already!

Old 09-04-2012, 11:31 PM   #750
bajamoon

Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Lookin good Josh. You need some yellow silicone rad hoses, I was going to run all silicone but orange isn't exactly a popular color lol. Love that intake
Gen5Diy.com.....http://www.gen5diy.com/
Wretched Motorsports..www.wretchedms.com/
Pedders USA
...http://www.peddersusa.com/
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:59 PM   #751
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
Lookin good Josh. You need some yellow silicone rad hoses, I was going to run all silicone but orange isn't exactly a popular color lol. Love that intake

Yellow rad hoses? Guess you havent seen my car? lol

Check this out

Old 09-05-2012, 07:05 PM   #752
bajamoon

Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0b0y View Post
Yellow rad hoses? Guess you havent seen my car? lol

Check this out
Forgot you still had the tron scheme going. Never mind lol

Sent from my phone using tapatalk.
Gen5Diy.com.....http://www.gen5diy.com/
Wretched Motorsports..www.wretchedms.com/
Pedders USA
...http://www.peddersusa.com/
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:06 PM   #753
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
Forgot you still had the tron scheme going. Never mind lol

Sent from my phone using tapatalk.
I'm changing most of the engine bay to black or polished look. It'll match anything haha

Old 09-05-2012, 10:14 PM   #754
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Well I'm at a stopping point for tonight. The huge yellow intake tube is no longer yellow! I removed the powdercoat today and will be smoothing it out and polishing it to a shine to match my runners.

I'm almost done with relocating the heater hoses, just had to buy some parts from Fry's Electronics to finish it up. I was looking at the wiring for the injectors, and have decided to reroute them under the plenums for a cleaner look.

I was up in the air if I wanted to design my own coil brackets or just do a relocation. I was leaning towards just doing a coil relocation, but I don't have that much space. If I can't find a decent spot to relocate them, I'll finish up my coil bracket design and convert it to g-code (not looking forward to that since it's been a couple years!), and get it cut at the machine shop i used to work at!

I need to order a couple more fittings to finish up redoing the fuel lines so if everything goes as planned, I should have it finished up on Friday!

I also sent a good part of the day cleaning up all my wiring. A lot of it has harness tape around it and will get heatshrinked and loomed tomorrow.

Still haven't figured out where I want to relocate the EVAC solenoid, but I'm pretty sure it'll be next to the ECU. I also have some more hose on order to redo the ugly looking factory hose. I'll take a look at what I need to order to redo the radiator hoses, as well as the water vapor lines.

Once all this stuff is finished, I'll see how well the bay cleans up and go from there!

I have to say, I wasn't really into cleaning up the engine bay, but after installing the beautiful intake, it has motivated me to clean everything up!

No pics tonight but will have a lot up tomorrow!

Old 09-05-2012, 11:05 PM   #755
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: PSHHH UWISH
did you find them T3 ports by any chance? Love the new look!
Old 09-06-2012, 12:18 AM   #756
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farthestnorth View Post
did you find them T3 ports by any chance? Love the new look!
Ofer has them because I left my bumper with the T3 ports with him. I messaged him last night, but haven't heard back yet.

Tags
carbon fiber intake, goldrush rally 4, the neighbor hater, tron camaro, twin turbo