Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 08-31-2009, 04:55 PM   #1
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Saskatoon/Saskatchewan guys

Hey just thought I'd make this page and all us Saskies could introduce ourselves on here. I know a few of you already, but this might be a cool way to plan little get-togethers or at least know a bit more about the other guy that has the coolest car in town like you do.

So I will start. My name is Lance. I am 26, work at a potash mine. Married, no kids. Loving this car, and am trying hard to have the most original 5th gen in town LOL.

See you guys out there, would be cool to have a little meet before winter, but I am gonna be gone for the next 3 weekends, so it might be a case of 'See you in May' :(

Oh yeah: Here's a link to my journal thinger. Lots of pics and stuff.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...575#post868575

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................

Last edited by djsnoflake; 10-24-2013 at 01:59 PM.
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:59 PM   #2
HeavyD

Drives: 1SSRS RY L99
Cool, drive safe!
HeavyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:04 PM   #3
Sunny

Drives: 2SS/RS****SWEET
One for P.A
Sunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:22 PM   #4
crazz28

Drives: '10 Camaro SS/RS, '10 GMC Sierra
My name is Kevin. I'm 24 and work at a uranium mine as well as working on the family farm when it gets busy there. Just getting used to the new car and trying to figure out what modifications to spend money on.
Going to do the wash and Zaino coat Wednesday and trying to figure out photoshop again to draw up some rally stripes.
I'd be up for meeting up with a few other owners, share some stories and a couple beers. But like you Lance, I'm out of town for most of the next 4 weeks. Hopefully we can get something worked out.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:40 PM   #5
crazz28

I'm in the middle of Zainoing the car today.....I'll let you know how it goes.

Already clay-bar'd it and washed it twice this morning, just finished putting a coat of Z-AIO on, and waiting for it to dry. I'm doing Z2/Z6 repetition for 3 coats then Z-CS final. I didn't have the Z7(forgot it when I ordered stuff) but picked up some Meguires gold wash or whatever it's called for the pre-wash. Expensive but it did a good job, bugs flew off it seemed.

My camera is dead and I don't have the charger here but hopefully I'll find a way to get some pics once it's freshly done.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:28 PM   #6
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Good luck man! I don't have the patience for all that at all! Maybe I will just pay you to do it if you do a good job!!

Anyways, see you guys around town!!

And nobody copy my stripes, or I will tear out your heart and eat it

Quote:
Old 09-03-2009, 07:31 PM   #7
OLY'S 379X

Drives: YELLOW
my car has been here for almost a couple of weeks!!! been trying to get someone to paint bumble bee stripes having some trouble but think they should be done early next week.... as you may have guessed it is a yellow car ss/rs.the yellow theme will fit in with the rest of my trucks quite well . pictures to follow when i get the car. my name is mark i am 41 married with children ha ha they are as excited as i am...cant wait.. and yes we should meet up some time i am hopeing for a long fall need to get some cruising it before the snow flys......
OLY'S 379X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:15 PM   #8
crazz28

Finally got the Camaro dyno'd today. I'm installing my ARH headers and Borla mufflers this weekend so I just wanted to get some base numbers to quantify any gains.
Didn't get a printout of the run yet(I know, worthless without pics, I'll ask for both on monday when I go for the "after" run) but I did 2 runs today. Best run was around 371rwhp and it was on a Mustang dyno.
Didn't really like having to drive it in the rain but I guess it's just water......although 2nd gear starts to act like first if you give it too much gas.
Anyways, here's hoping global warming kicks in quickly and we don't have any snow.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:26 PM   #9
CAFPilot

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS
Hey guys Mark Shular is my name, I drive my Black 2SS/RS with Orange Rally stripes. You may have seen the car at SMP being displayed as it was one of the first Camaros in the city.

Well now I am at 2 Canadian Forces Flight Training School (The Big 2) at CFB Moose Jaw, learning how to fly the Harvard II. Just moved down with the wife and kids in September from Saskatoon and will be at least a year.

The car has been great I think we have over 8000 kms on it now. We drove it into the states to watch an Airshow in Helena Montana but not before seeing family in Edmonton. Pretty much followed the mountains all the way down, it was a great drive! We also had it out all weekend at Cruise weekend in Saskatoon also where I meet a few of you guys.

So lets hope global warming hurries up and we can drive out cars a bit longer before the snow comes.

cheers
CAFPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:31 AM   #10
Edge.128

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
I live in Alberta but lived in Saskatoon for 4 years so HI!! I was going to order my car earlier this year but decided to wait until early next year just in time for spring. Enjoy your cars everyone!!
Edge.128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:46 PM   #11
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Man what a crappy month October has been. Haven't taken her out of the garage once so far this month. Looks like it might be time to take the battery out for the year :(

Quote:
Old 10-06-2009, 06:14 PM   #12
OLY'S 379X

Drives: YELLOW
WAS OUT ON SUNDAY FOR A SHORT DRIVE IN BETWEEN SHOWERS.. HOPEFULLY THE WEATHER TURNS AROUND AND CAN GET A FEW MORE TRIPS IN. PLANNING ON A TRIP INTO STOON ON THE WEEKEND FOR SUPPER NOT SURE WHAT DAY.
OLY'S 379X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:21 PM   #13
Edge.128

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
are you guys (and girls) going to try and get a bunch of cars together one last time? I would love to come down and see them all if that was going on sometime in the next few weeks.
Edge.128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:48 PM   #14
crazz28

Lol, I've been out driving as much as I can, got stuck in a couple rainy situations but nothing crazy. Installed the headers and catback on the weekend(fyi, recommend finding a buddy to help), ran without mufflers sunday(you want to hear loud!!!!), got the Borla's installed monday morning and holy smokes, sounds waaaaaaay better. Quiet at idle but has a nice roar when you get on it(in-cab anyways). HAven't highway cruised much but 6th around 2000rpm seems to be some drone. Gonna take it back to the shop next week(weather permitting) so they can re-tighten everything and center the tips better (looks like it has one lazy eye from the back now, haha).
Took it to get dyno'd again this morning and did 3 pulls, best was 389rwtq and 380rwhp.
It seems the second run is way better than the first. Last friday first run was about 350rwhp and second was the 371....today, first run was 370 and consecutive runs were as mentioned above.....I guess the fluids get a little smoother after the first pull.
Probably it for mods this year, thinking of a roto-fab CAI and 'maybe' a tune over the winter then saving for major upgrades begins.
If the weather holds up next week once I get back from work and anybody from S'Toon that's planning exhaust mods wants to hear this combo, PM me and maybe we can meet up(don't have to bring your Camaro if it's already stored in the shed)