Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 04-13-2011, 12:20 PM   #1
ScottieBlkSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 2SS/RS
Thumbs down "Buyers/Sellers Beware of "Paypal" !!!!

I am posting this story to let everyone know what has happened to me on a recent transaction that escalated into a paypal dispute.

On March 09, 2011 I sold a motorcyle seat on Psychobike.com. The buyer sent me an email regarding a seat I posted on the classifieds forum. I sent him pictures as per his request (6) of them to be exact. The seat was literally brand new and the pictures showed it, He agreed to purchase the seat at a whooping $50 Bucks including shipping that cost me $26 bucks to ship to deleware. So I got $24 out of a $170 seat. It was a seat that was off of my sport bike that I no longer have and have given up the sport bike riding.
So he then proceeds to send me payment via paypal on March 10, 2011.
I shipped out the seat on March 11th, 2011 via UPS, I provided him tracking info immediately. He received the seat per UPS conformation on March 17th, 2011.

On March 19th, 2011 he "Trent Bulcher" calls me and as I answer the phone, He proceeds to say.... Say Bro, why you gonna send me a Fu--ed up seat with no hardware?
I respond to who is this? He says this is trent, I bought the busa seat. I told him the seat was perfect I had actually never even used that seat and he says.. Say bro this seat is toe too..
I then say ok Trent, The seat was in perfect condition if you dont want it send the seat back. He responded I aint paying for no shipping to send it back, I said ship it back and email me or text me a copy of the receipt and I would refund him his money back and pay him his return shipping.
He then states, Naw man you aint gone be able to sell this toe up seat if you want to just refund me my money, Ill try to fix the tear. I told him Nope send it back and Ill refund him his money and ended the conversation.

Well on the same day he proceeds to escalade a claim with paypal, I was contacted via email by paypal and I responded within the hour of the claim being opened. Now this has turned into a personal matter, Im going to state my claim and provide my evidence.
He stated to paypal that I sent him defective merchandise that was torn and had no hardware.
I then provided the origional pictures that I had emailed to the buyer, I called paypal on the phone and spoke with a representive and told them my intentions and stated to them I had agreed earlier via phone and text conversation to refund the buyer his money and to send the seat back.
The representive was the one that requested that I provide the origional pictures showing NO signs of wear or damage. I then provided my evidence and got a email conformation that they would contact the buyer and ask for additional evidence.
Well this went on for over three weeks, I was never provided with an update on the case. Well on April 08, 2011 an entire month later with NO additional evidence provided on his behalf, I receive an email stating the case had been closed and judgement was awarded on the buyers behalf and that a refund would be granted once return shipping was provided on the buyers behalf.
I received the seat on April 11, 2011 and the seat he sent was NO where near close to the one I had sent him.

This is POOR judgement on my decision of paypal and their affilaites, This is the second time a buyer has won a decision on items I have shipped that were in like new condition. The first time it was a Blackberry Bold cell phone that I had won and never used, He sent me his broken phone back with the screen cracked that obviously had been dropped.
What protection does a seller have with paypal to state their case? I feel like I provided substantial information and evidence on my behalf to support my case. I have over one hundred (114) to be exact on their brother hood site "Ebay" with a 100% feedback rating. If that is NOT signs of an honest seller/buyer I do not know what is.

I will try by all means and cause NOT to use paypal for anything in the future, I would suggest to all of you forum members to be aware and consider a different means of payment if possible. They charge us healthy fees to NOT have any type of customer support. I have heard and read alot of bad things about Paypal over the years and have overlooked it until this has happened to me "AGAIN" !!!!

Please feel free to scroll thru some of the other un-happy customers
and prior employees that have seen first hand to what really goes on..

www.paypalsucks.com

www.aboutpaypal.org
Old 04-13-2011, 12:29 PM   #2
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Sorry to hear you have had problems with Paypal.

I for one, have never had a problem. My wife and I both are eBay sellers with a over 2000 transactions. Not one problem with paypal.
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:35 PM   #3
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Don't know what to tell ya man..sorry it happened to you

I refuse to sell anything craigslist or ebay with the use of paypal. However, I will purchase based on paypal as it seems to be a safer transaction.

I will only sell on forums like this...
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:41 PM   #4
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Paypal is terrible if you use it to sell, the buyer has all the power.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:46 PM   #5
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Another reason I don't sell things over the net. That's a pretty good racket for a crook to get the new and then get his money back to send his old one back you and have you pay to ship the old crap. I've heard nothing buy back things about paypal. I don't buy from anyone that only allows things to be purchased by this means.

I really angers me to hear this kind of thing.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:46 PM   #6
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Sorry to hear about the issues I use Paypal for my business and never had an issue seems rare that something like this would happen have you tried to contact Paypal sending them photos of what you got back?

Sean
Old 04-13-2011, 12:46 PM   #7
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Paypal is terrible if you use it to sell, the buyer has all the power.
This is true. I love buying with paypal, but hate selling with it. The buyer can make anything up and chances are they will win the case.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:50 PM   #8
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
Sorry about your ordeal......I've tried to sell stuff on ebay before the holidays without any luck, so I don't try anymore. I only use it to buy stuff anymore.
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:59 PM   #9
ScottieBlkSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Sorry to hear about the issues I use Paypal for my business and never had an issue seems rare that something like this would happen have you tried to contact Paypal sending them photos of what you got back?

Sean
Sean, Oh yea it was in the origional evidence I submitted as part of my case. I mean how would I get pictures of a perfect seat if it was damaged.
Its just frustrating I mean we have no means of protection as sellers...If I was a crooked person, I could scam everyone all day everyday and get quality stuff and get my money back.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:59 PM   #10
justa25thTA

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS LS3
its called Karma and its a b*tch. he'll get whats coming to him, even if you aren't around to see it.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:00 PM   #11
jtzako

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
I have heard of a few cases where a seller gets the money taken away by PayPal when a buyer 'complains'... and without any investigation on the matter.

It is a very bad practice and if it happens you need to raise hell with PayPal until they remedy the situation. "Damaged during shipping" isnt YOUR fault and should be handled by the shipping company, not the private seller.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:04 PM   #12
Sasquatch
C5 THAKILYETI

Drives: 2LTRS
I had problems with paypal, still do. They won't let me have an account anymore because when paypal screwed me over, I found the personal contact information to the CEOs of both paypal and ebay. After an earful from me, I had my money back in my account within one hour. One hour! Google the contact info for the CEO.
Sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:06 PM   #13
ponbigi

Drives: 2011 CAMARO LS
Thus why you take pictures of it in the shipping container and even a video of the entire item to shipping.
ponbigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:07 PM   #14
Not Far From Par

Drives: 2010 2SS RS VR
I had this same argument with a rep from eBay after selling a perfectly good item to someone who filed a claim against me literally 5 min after receiving the item BEFORE I even had a chance to refund any $$
Buyer then did about the same as yours did.. Said he would keep it at a discounted price..
I have been an active member on eBay for about 10 years.. & I an done buying anything off that site because of this reason exactly..
eBay does not protect the sellers at all.. either in the return policy.. or feedback.. or anything for that matter...
& Paypal is in the same book as far as I'm concerned..
Sorry this happened to you.. But do know you are not the only one in this forum that has been mistreated by paypal & it's affiliates..
Not Far From Par is offline   Reply With Quote